General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 4)

Beginner Question about exit or return

Hi, I have a really simple program in C++ that is supposed to run in DOS real mode (not Windows DOS). It basically uses spawn to call another program and th...
[15 replies] Last: @EssGeEich : Thanks! (by tcs)
Hash table

I read about hash tables and is unable to get the syntax for it...i tried to search on the net but they are confusing to me..please help me regarding good sourc...
[no replies]
infix to postfix

StackException.h #ifndef STACKEXCEPTION_H_INCLUDED #define STACKEXCEPTION_H_INCLUDED #include <stdexcept> #include <string> using namespace std; cl...
[9 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <stack> #include <cstring> #include "Sta... (by antiflag)
by ET21
Chi Blackhawks Array Help

I'm having issues trying to input data from a .txt file into my array program. The whole program takes the name, # of goals and assists, adds them together to g...
[5 replies] Last: The initial list is supposed to be unsorted and only alphabetical name... (by ET21)
Passing a struct to function

if we want to pass an object to function we pass it as returntype func(student s) //student is class and s is an object and if i define a structure called ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply @maeriden (by venkatacplpl)
Relating to Cygwin

Does anyone know why I come across an error trying to compile on cygwin: -bash: g++: command not found I believe i downloaded the right package: editor-vim en...
[1 reply] : The shell is saying that it does not have a "g++" command in its curre... (by moorecm)
help command line arguments.....

how to display "correct" if argv ="c" display "wrong" if argv ="c123" display "right" if argv =abc or 123abc displ...
[5 replies] Last: Try using strtod (http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdlib/strtod/).... (by doug4)
by tomz6
Most efficient way to load data from file to RAM?

What is the most efficient (fastest) way to load data from a file on HDD to RAM? (which would allow to only load a limited section of that file - eg. load only ...
[3 replies] Last: It depends on what you want to do with it. If you want an unformatted... (by kbw)
FTP program compiling a c/c++ file

Guys, I'm not so good at network coding. I have a FTP server, client program and thus I can easily transfer files, however what I want is to modify the program ...
[9 replies] Last: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=redirect+standard+console+output+Ubuntu&l=1 (by MiiNiPaa)
Rectangle Class.

The question is: create a rectangle class with attributes length and width, each of which defaults to 1. provide member functions that calculate the perimete...
[3 replies] Last: Input validation can be interesting. The validation statement in the ... (by doug4)
by Banhas
Jacobi Iterative Method

Good evening guys. For the past few days I have been working on what is basically, a Jacobi Iterative Method. For some reason, my results keep coming back diff...
[5 replies] Last: I'm testing if my xi vectors (possible solution vectors) are the same ... (by Banhas)
by coder1
substrings

To check if a string is a sub string of a string , i use a for loop and check every character. i was wondering if theres a function to check if a string is a s...
[1 reply] : check http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/?kw=string meth... (by tath)
by erga
if, char array and or operator question

is it possible to make a statement like this: if( A == 'a' || 'b' ) when I want to do this statement like that, I got an compiler error: if( A == ( 'a' ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a lot guys, you are right. That solved my problem. *cheers* (by erga)
by RiHdz1
Tony Gaddis Book

I am studying Starting Out C++ 6th Edition by Tony Gaddis. I on chapter 4, problem 8 (Sorted Names). The problem is that the author does not go into detail on ...
[4 replies] Last: @JLBorges-Thanks. I will study your code. Everything that you coded is... (by RiHdz1)
Returning Reference

hey Have a look at this program #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; class complex { int r,i; public: complex(int r,int i) ...
[1 reply] : (c1+=c2+=c3)=c4; Ugh. Setting aside that you should never do this ... (by Disch)
How can i make a SHA1 hash in C++?

I've been googling this for hours. I need to make a SHA1 hash of a string. Please note that i need to use this SHA1 hash in a C++ windows form application which...
[4 replies] Last: #include <msclr\auto_handle.h> int main( array< System::String^ >^ a... (by JLBorges)
Troubles calling functions; vector of pointers

Getting to the point, I have a vector of pointers inside a seperate Exam class. vector <Question* > question_list The Question class is my base class in wh...
[15 replies] Last: I found the problem!! my while loop was grabbing the null terminator ... (by aDamNerd)
by tomz6
A simple to use menu/GUI lib that works with DirectX?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a easy to use library that will work with DirectX (on top of the back-buffer) for things like creating menus, p...
[no replies]
help

i am having difficulties doing this program. i dont know how to search for the value 80. #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <iostream...
[1 reply] : The following links might be helpful: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=C%2B%2B+so... (by MikeyBoy)
C++11 two dimensional array declaration and initialization

Hello all, I'm having trouble declaring and initializing a two-dimensional array using the C++11 standard conventions. I would like to know how to do it in C...
[3 replies] Last: See this edited version of your code http://ideone.com/P4YIMC (by naraku9333)
March 2013 Pages: 123456... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.