General C++ Programming - May 2018 (Page 2)

login and register system

so i wanted to make a login and register system using data structure with vector of objects. now i overcome a problem which is looping and it confuses me on my ...
[2 replies] Last: The problem is that you don't break out of your while loop, after the... (by edberthans)
by Mapler
Boost Asio acceptor won't accept client connections

I am new to socket programming and have just started coding with Boost's Asio library. What my program intends to do is send the message "Hello World!" from the...
[2 replies] Last: ip_address was just a generic variable name for the string represent... (by Mapler)
by evano
Can someone help with this problem. Am just a beginner

To make a profit, a local store marks up the prices of its items by a certain percentage. Write a C++ program that reads the original price of the item sold, t...
[1 reply] : What do you need help with? (by Ganado)
GNU C++: can i get the derived class pointer on base class?

i'm on base class. can i get the derived\child class pointer without using it on constructor argument?
[2 replies] Last: Use dynamic_cast<derived *>(...) . See: http://en.cppreference.com/w... (by coder777)
Which is faster?

Program A: for (int i = functionA(value--); i < functionB(value+value); i++) { .... } Program B: int initIndex = functionA(value--); int limitIndex...
[3 replies] Last: but, does version B pick up any additional optimizations if you throw ... (by jonnin)
wifstream only accepts const char*?

Apparently ifstream (and children) only accept const char* as a filename. What am I supposed to do in this case if I need Unicode support (on Windows)? I don'...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=Midnightas]What am I supposed to do in this case if I need Unic... (by Cubbi)
Where does diamond go?

Hey i am workin on assigment and here is what i have done until now. #include<iostream> #include <stdlib.h> using namespace std; int main(){ int r = 5, c ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you too you both. (by Deanmon)
Different Kind Of Catalog Infos Evaulating (Desing Idea)

I have a 3 different .txt file(book.txt,movie.txt,music.txt). I have to use C++ STL, Class Templates. My problem is I dont know where i should start. Music...
[1 reply] : My problem is I dont know where i should start. All catalog have ... (by jlb)
How do move a character

Hey I am working on a assigment and i am stuck and need help. i need to make 5x5 grid and than add chracter in it.I need to move it using u,d,l,r. p * * * * ...
[5 replies] Last: You have added wrong code such as for (inti=i; i<=s, i= I+1), this cod... (by shivkumar12)
include Inheritance and Friend Functions and template

hello! i have this code and i need to include some extra topic on it. inheritance friend function template Aggregation (Composition) help me pls.. ...
[6 replies] Last: Death to Google Style Guide! I declare an intifada against it! Th... (by Ganado)
by ShaunC
CSV file data extraction

Hey all, I've got a CSV file with data in a changing number of rows, but fixed columns, with the same data types coming in, but that will be a different pull ...
[3 replies] Last: overloading stream operators lets you do the usual stream operations i... (by jonnin)
this->init(0); what does it mean

Hi guys I tried to make an instance of an ostream class but when I did I got an error and it brought me to the ostream itself,not sure if it's the ostream.cpp f...
[2 replies] Last: In other words, you cannot create an 'ostream'; it is an abstract supe... (by Duthomhas)
by avm
How this type of task can be implemented with templates?

I decided to publish my own tool which I started to use rather successfully to automate implementations of some compute-intensive code typical for HPC. The comp...
[4 replies] Last: > if I needed to generate unsophisticated C code I would tend to use t... (by avm)
by Allaye
having problem with composition

Am trying to use composition but it seems am failing badly, so can someone pls point me my errors... // HEADER FILE FOR PERSON// #ifndef PERSON_H #define...
[4 replies] Last: What in class Birthday { public: Birthday(int D, int M, int Y); v... (by keskiverto)
Temporaries and arrgegate member initializers c++17

What are the rules around this? This example seems to work with GCC and clang; is this just UB or is there something in the standard that explains it? https://...
[1 reply] : f() as is called from line 29 should cause undefined behavior, because... (by helios)
How do I get VS Code to recognize 'constexpr'?

Hello, I am using OSX and VS code. When I use constexpr, VS Code gives me the error: "unknown name type 'constexpr'". I did some research about constexpr on os...
[4 replies] Last: @FurryGuy, thank you for the response. I looked into this and tried to... (by femtopwn)
Remove cr From String.

Several years ago I inherited a C+ (I don't think it's C++) application to maintain. Every now and then I'm asked to include a new function in it. I know very ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks. I'll give it a go. (by rush2112)
by mpg
Time duration of a bubble sort process

Hello I am new to c++ . I am studing c++ from few months and I need at school to calculate the time duration of the only bubble sort process THe bubble sort ...
[5 replies] Last: Using a primitive as duration type, will give you weird results. If yo... (by poteto)
Help.. I got an exam coming up.. Can someone please help me with this question??

Class customer has a customer no and a name. Function writeData() writes the number and name to the file customer. txt. Function readData() reads and displays t...
[3 replies] Last: Classes Text: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/classes/ Vid... (by bradltr95)
Book with exercices

I want to improve my knowledge about c++. I have some experience but I looking for a book that have exercises to practise. I want to start from basic until adva...
[1 reply] : I would recommend Bjourne Stroustrup's book called Programming: Princ... (by bradltr95)
May 2018 Pages: 1234... 11
  Archived months: [apr2018] [jun2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.