General C++ Programming - November 2014 (Page 3)

by Gyiove
FUNCSTRUCT FUNC to header without symbol already defined error

Hello everyone. So i have in .h: #pragma once #ifndef FRAMEWORK_OPENGL_H_INCLUDED #define FRAMEWORK_OPENGL_H_INCLUDED extern "C" __declspec(dllexport)...
[1 reply] : .h:line 5 : Prepend the declaration with keyword extern .... (by tcs)
by isur
greedy algorithms use in schedule processses

i need to write a program using greedy algorithm strategy to determine time sensitive processes. i found some code online that seems useful but it doesnt add...
[3 replies] Last: Sounds like some kind of realtime software? Ok, post your requirementd... (by tcs)
Inheritance question

Say that you got a base Class Employee, and several Derived Classes - Developer, Administrator, Secretary. On what occasion would you need to instantiate the...
[2 replies] Last: That's a great example! Thank you! (by jared181)
C/C++ help

I am a beginner in the C/C++ language, i have to write codes using the andd, nandd, norr, nott, orr, xnorr, and the xorr functions. My question is that i did th...
[3 replies] Last: Ok thanks... this seems like it may do the trick. My question is would... (by tarnold4)
Server Code Errors

Hey guys I'm getting errors with this code. Can anyone help me? I'll post the Error then current line Error 1: C:\Users\Server\Desktop\Server\src\hand...
[2 replies] Last: Well here is the whole section/part of the code. Also, I'm not that go... (by Camouflage)
equal_range for a std::multimap

I have a multimap with some keys being duplicates. When I search for a key using equal_range(), I get a pair of iterators back. When the key is duplicate, the i...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for the clarification. std::distance worked like a charm. (by msskiran)
The program doesn't print the prime numbers :// "j" indicates prime numbers

#include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; bool prime(int j); int main() {int m; int n; int ok; do { cout<< "insert number with...
[5 replies] Last: Yes that is correct tcs thank you didn't even notice till you said (by giblit)
Need Help it wont print right

Write a program that has an array of at least 20 integers. It should call a function that uses the linear search algorithm to locate one of the values. T...
[1 reply] : The array elements run from 0 up to and including 19. check your for ... (by wildblue)
Questions on Linked lists

Hey, I dont know the answers to the following questions related to Linked lists in c++. Can you please help me... 1. Why is it sufficient to only have a poin...
[2 replies] Last: 1. it's not, you must have the head node. 3. With Doubly linked list,... (by jared181)
Splitting numbers

I have the concept of the code that i'm doing. Which is having the number example:1234 returned as 1 2 3 4 by finding the length of the number and using that le...
[4 replies] Last: @elohssa : Sorry, but your code won't do it. If reading the number t... (by tcs)
<how to implement a function

I don't know how to implement a function. I have a lot of trouble when dealing with this problem. I would be rather happy if anyone could explain it to me. ...
[2 replies] Last: I don't understand your question. You've just implemented a lot of fun... (by tcs)
by Aas713
Issue with array program

I attempted to write a program for this assignment: https://filebox.ece.vt.edu/~ece1574/fall14/project4.html I am running into an issue where when I search t...
[2 replies] Last: Who the hell should read this? Use code-tags please ("<>"-button at th... (by tcs)
Template Specialization:request for member which is of...

Hello, I'm getting an error that says |In member function 'void BASE<L*>::SET(L**) [with L = OBJECT]':| 75|instantiated from here| 43|error: request f...
[4 replies] Last: I added an extra initializer in int main for BASE<OBJECT*> base_... (by lostwithcpp)
initialize struct char pointer array in struct

Im trying to store data in a struct to be able to read it latter have problems initializing this. struct FoodAndDrink { struct Food { char* CannedGoods ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks MiiNiPaa i didnt even think about using namespace (by poohpooh)
Separate Chaining Hash Table

anything wrong in my insert() function Hope someone help! template <class T> class Node { public: T key; Node* next; }; template <class T> class Bucket { ...
[6 replies] Last: Oh yes here is my code to delete all Hash table template <class T>... (by nightmaregiba)
How to write the graphics pipeline?

I have been learning Direct3D for a while now (DX11), and I ran into a bit of a dead end. I have Frank Luna's book on D3D programming, but I feel like I could f...
[10 replies] Last: Well then, I think you should still try to look at the tutorials provi... (by Avilius)
by bonho
boost::signals2

I have two class variables that store a list of external slot functions depending on the state. These variables are grouped by map<[key type], boost::signals2:...
[13 replies] Last: Ahhh I see. So this is sort of like a custom made method using vector... (by bonho)
Compile C++ code at runtime [g++]

My program needs to compile various source files at runtime. What is the most elegant way to compile cross platform with g++ from within my program? Is there...
[10 replies] Last: Try using C# with Mono. You can integrate C# into your program (And Un... (by Avilius)
Game Modding

Hi all I wanna be able to build game mods. It was suggested to me by a friend who works in the development industry in order to make myself employable. Speci...
[2 replies] Last: If you're going to mod Minecraft, as said above, use Java. I believe ... (by Avilius)
Functions with void returns

Write a C++ program consisting of main plus two other functions which will do the following: Take an integer input from the keyboard. Send the integer to ...
[3 replies] Last: Do you claim that you were given homework without explaining anything ... (by keskiverto)
November 2014 Pages: 12345... 32
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.