Another Beginner Group

Pages: 12345
yes I meant we should start searching for another forum for future discussions.
I like email, I do not know about you guys.

EDIT: We could use hangouts.
Also, we could start a channel on freenode
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Eh, hangouts? I don't like the idea of meeting people I met online in real life. I don't know, that's just me, lol.

But I like Email, that sounds cool.
I don't like the idea of meeting people I met online in real life

real life? It is almost that same as an IRC channel except that only those who you want on can join.
I ditto Fredbill, I don't like giving out personal information like email addresses online. IRC would be fine though.

And Script Coder, yes you're in the group thing. I just didn't know whether you wanted to or not.
Last edited on
Okay, then someone make channel and PM is to the relevant group members (vald should do it since he is the "boss").
IRC it is then, it doesn't really matter to me. There's this one website called xat...
haha why not something easier like skype?
haha why not something easier like skype?

Did you forget to read these:
I don't like the idea of meeting people I met online in real life
I ditto Fredbill, I don't like giving out personal information like email addresses online.
There's really nothing complex about IRC.
Only moderators have "complex tasks" and "flags" to set.
But a common user doesn't really have to mind, most of the times.
skype can be used for simple text chat, and you can make an email with phony data to use with just this group. no real personal information is needed.

EDIT: i think email is a bit of a must to easily send files back and forth
Last edited on
Well, not really.
In fact you can simply upload a file on dropbox, and you can share it without giving away your e-mail address.
Also IRC does not explicitly require a software installation, due to its simple text-based protocol.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1459.txt

This allows for newly-users (or newbie-users, too) to connect easily with other people in the world.
i guess im just going under the assumption that most people have some form of "pretty" messaging software.

i guess what my point is, is if you make a new email you wont have to worry about giving out your personal one, and everything can be done in one convenient location.

i'm just trying to work out something that would be easy for everyone
Nothing against pretty programs, but they tend to be slow somehow someday.
But for IRC, you don't even need to have an E-mail (unless you want some more Registered-User privileges)
(Remember that some mail providers nowadays require mobile phone activation to avoid account spamming)

Avoid to think by how something looks like.
IRC is easy.
wouldnt you need someway to tell eachother what channel your on though? i wouldnt know because i never used IRC
How would you ask a guy what's his email, if you don't know his email in primis? Use another way to communicate, just like this forum :D

(If someone of us is online on IRC btw, it's on #ChessPlusPlus )
is it too late to join?
I don't really know. We have five already... and I was aiming for four. But let's see what everyone else thinks. I say you can probably join. But you would be the last one, for sure.

As for communication, I don't think anything that requires everyone to be present at the same time works... Because based on our usernames, I would say we have a pretty good scattering of the world.

EDIT:
^and thus time zones.
Is there anyway in IRC to see messages sent before you join the channel?

EDIT #2:
I mean, I'm obviously Roman (Numeri is Latin for integers/numbers)!
Last edited on
Well mostly everyone in the western half of the old world is Roman. Anyway I was thinking about making a phony email and just using Facebook to call y'all. Just make sure your webcams aren't connected or are displaying a sheet of paper or something.
Pages: 12345