Adoption by Homosexual Couples

Pages: 1... 1213141516... 36
Fair enough. Though honestly I can't begin to understand born again christians.
Missed this one.

Nathan2222 wrote:
Because the bible is the word. And the word is God and the word was God. And God is true.

Ladies and gentlemen, circular logic 101.

Nathan2222 wrote:

Now answer my question 5. Explain the big bang. If you can't use science and (the how explainer) can't explain the big bang then almost all your arguements are invalid.

*cough cough* http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/25/science/space/ripples-from-the-big-bang.html *cough*

edit, also non sequitor, but that's expected.
Last edited on
Because the bible is the word. And the word is God and the word was God. And God is true.
the bible was written by man however

never mind... i dont actually want to be involved with this, i just wanted to show that you can be raised christian and actually believe, so please ignore my statement
Last edited on
Personally I respect more people that are able to say "I believe because I experienced something/I just believe/I have my personal reasons", then people who, like Nathan, are trying to tell you they know best how universe was created, who's god, etc.
Faith is called faith for a reason - you can't really prove it; otherwise it wouldn't be faith. Many people believe in one god or another, because it makes them feel safer and better. World is huge and dangerous world, and if you think about it that you're just alone here, that if you die it's over, and that you practically don't matter - it may be a scary thought. That's why I respect these people.
And as long as some religion group isn't trying to limit my freedom, or taking my money, I'm fine.
the bible was written by man however

That is at the core of the religious beliefs I was raised on. The bible was written by man, and the church is run by man. Man is fallible. So don't take the stories of the bible literally. They are annecdotes and metaphor of morality to live your life on. The stuff about the afterlife, sending his only son, all that stuff. Truth in the eyes of my parents, but the miracles performed. Metaphor. It's that thought process that left the door to reason open to me.
closed account (iAk3T05o)
You think it's not possible to have faith if you were raised a christian. Have you EVER, EVER OPENED A SINGLE PAGE IN THE BIBLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! HAVE YOU READ ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONE IN THE BIBLE! I'M SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT I EVOLVED FROM SLIME!
This is absolutely your business. I have no interest in explaining anything to anyone much less free will. You EVOLVED FROM SLIME. I AM NOT RELATED TO A SLIME CREATURE IN ANY SHAPE, WAY OR FORM! I AM A PRODUCT OF GOD NOT A PRODUCT OF SOME KYLE XY OBSERVATION! YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND FREE WILL, CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR OWN FINDING OF FAITH, CAN'T UNDERSTAND CHOICE! YOU CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THAT GOD DIDN'T WRITE THE BIBLE! Please keep your beliefs to yourself. You can worship test tubes, lab coats, chemicals etc. for all i care. DON'T PUT ME WITH THAT, I AM NOT YOU NEITHER AM I RELATED TO YOU SO DON'T MAKE SILLY ASSUMPTIONS WHEN YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND FREE WILL.
DON'T!
Last edited on
Last edited on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
are you trying to tell me that programmers arent gods and im a mediocre programmer?
Wasn't directed at you, bro.

This is fun. I'm enjoying this. You're a fun toy, nathan.
Last edited on
Wasn't directed at you, bro.

i know ;) i was just making a joke. but ill leave you to crush him to pieces (cause im actually on your side in this)
Oh I don't need to do that. Others in this thread have been doing a damn good job at it. I'm just a sadistic/masochistic troll who gets some sort of sick pleasure of encountering the irreversibly small minded and having the exact same conversation with all of them.

CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR OWN FINDING OF FAITH

I believe that "your own finding of faith" doesn't equal "finding bible and reading it".

And yes, I've read bible. At least once whole, and I've read several fragments many times. I have my own copy of bible in my house. But you see, the difference is that I don't believe everything I read.
Reading the bible front to back is what ultimately lead to my atheism.
By finding, i meant searching on the net and finding the meaning.
When reading the bible, did you think it was a storybook? Did you take time to reflect on it? I doubt you did.
I read it like a philosophy book, and with all philosophy I encountered I did take time to reflect on it. I reject nothing without first considering it's possibility, and accept nothing without meeting a high standard of evidence. I spent 3 years researching every religion I could get my hands on, starting with my own upbringing. Ultimately I found most of them have the same message at it's core "treat others kindly." that's more or less what it boiled down to. And I found that most of them had little to no archeological evidence to back them as historical documents. Christianity being a prime example of lacking archeological evidence.
And what would this archeological evidence done for you?
Last edited on
Give me reason to believe there might just be something to this bible stuff.

There is no evidence of the jews being enslaved in egypt during the time of moses, but the bible says they were. Lack of evidence casts doubt on the story, and thus I see it as metaphor at it's best.

edit: not to mention egyptian masons were indentured servants and received the best health care the ancient world could provide.
Last edited on
I'ld rather believe than know everything about everything and lose my soul.
In the end, you assume i was indoctrinated. You guys pretty much define atheism and seeing that's how it is, i find atheism shallow and i'm r.l.a.y.s.
you cant define atheism. its already defined. its the belief in nothing, put simply
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Now i see why you couldn't comprehend free will. You want to be forced.
I comprehend free will and have free will, it is how you describe god that precludes free will but you are unable to see it.

I am not forcing the fact that you were made by God on you so don't do it to me.
even here you are saying that I was made by god and you said this way before evolution was mentioned.

I am not similar to you if you believe you evolved from slime.
but you said we are all made by god so you are similar to me unless you are somehow special.

I have no similarity to you if you have the audacity to type "you evolved from slime". That is your belief, not mine so please keep that generalisation to yourself and your kind.
but my kind, according to you, is made by god to have the beliefs that we have and the free will to express them how we do to people like you.

Have you EVER, EVER OPENED A SINGLE PAGE IN THE BIBLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! HAVE YOU READ ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONE IN THE BIBLE! I'M SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT I EVOLVED FROM SLIME!
Yes, I spent many years as a christian studying theology.

This is absolutely your business. I have no interest in explaining anything to anyone much less free will. You EVOLVED FROM SLIME. I AM NOT RELATED TO A SLIME CREATURE IN ANY SHAPE, WAY OR FORM! I AM A PRODUCT OF GOD NOT A PRODUCT OF SOME KYLE XY OBSERVATION! YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND FREE WILL, CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR OWN FINDING OF FAITH, CAN'T UNDERSTAND CHOICE! YOU CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THAT GOD DIDN'T WRITE THE BIBLE!
Wow I think you have lots it now. So did god create me or did I evolve from slime, you have said both now. As for not understanding that god didn't write the bible, I'm an atheist of course god didn't write the bible it is the work of man.

Please keep your beliefs to yourself. You can worship test tubes, lab coats, chemicals etc. for all i care. DON'T PUT ME WITH THAT, I AM NOT YOU NEITHER AM I RELATED TO YOU SO DON'T MAKE SILLY ASSUMPTIONS WHEN YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND FREE WILL.
DON'T!
I thought that expressing ones beliefs was at the heart of this discussion. I'm not trying to force my beliefs on you in the same way as you are not trying to force your beliefs on me and for the record I don't worship...anything.
Pages: 1... 1213141516... 36