Adoption by Homosexual Couples

Pages: 1... 2324252627... 36
closed account (iAk3T05o)
They are not humans, they are what He creates/created and will create. Man is the only thing that was created in His own image and likeness.
@disch: im not sure if youre making a point of you really dont know, but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
God agreed to kill Job's sons and daughters and give him a disease for no reason other than he could. What makes you so quick to unfoundedly reject the idea that God lied?

Jesus proves this.
Well, it would have been too verifiable if some kind of unspeakable horror had crawled forth from a woman's vagina. The author couldn't have had that. And why do you need Jesus anyway? Isn't "in our image" (what's up with the plural, by the way?) enough for you?
Last edited on
Man is the only thing that was created in His own image

Then why were we not the first species?
Two words.....SELF INTEREST

@disch: there is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. They are the 3 in 1 God. Sum of them = God.
Christ teaches about forgiveness, repentance etc. He teaches that you should believe in Him. If you've seen Him, you've seen the Father. The word is God. The word = the Bible.

By claiming the God does not exist but Christ exists insults Christ. It makes His sacrifice for us unappreciated.

@gilbit: what would be there to enjoy if we were the first species? A world with nothing but the world itself? God was preparing everything for us. In Genesis, you see "and He saw it was good". Everything had to be good enough for a likeness of God. God wanted to take His time and create us that's why He was created on the last day. He created an image of Himself to do nothing but enjoy the world. An image of Himself that had power over everything. An image of Himself that won't suffer. He needed to make sure everything was in place. That is why.
Last edited on
What's to say we aren't another experiment and later on he will create a "true image" of himself?

[edit]
Well nathan edited his post.

An image of Himself that won't suffer

Have you ever heard of torture?

An image of Himself that had power over everything.

So in other words we are also gods?
Last edited on
An image of Himself that won't suffer.

Explain how this is happening? Are you going to answer any of my questions about the bible quotes?
Little Bobby Tables wrote:
@disch: im not sure if youre making a point of you really dont know, but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

I really don't know. Thanks for the link. So I guess I was misunderstanding "The Father" to be God.

Anyway, I'm still trying to wrap my head around Matthew 12:30. It's been a while since I read from the Bible... I forgot how dense the language is. Looking at it in context:

Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 23 All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?" 24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons." 25 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 "Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house. 30 "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters.

So to try and understand this...

- Jesus heals a blind/deaf/possessed man.
- The Pharisees freak out and say only the son of Beelzebub could have healed him (implying that Jesus is a demon?)
- Jesus retorts in an almost rhetorical way... implying that it wouldn't make sense for a demon to drive out other demons because it would cause a collapse of Beelzebub's kingdom.
- So then it seems like he is trying to draw a parallel with God's Kingdom... to say that if you are a part of God's Kingdom, you cannot go against God because it would cause the Kingdom to collapse.
- Lastly, 12:30 seems to imply that to be part of the Kingdom, you not only must not work against the kingdom, but you must also aid it. Which seems a little out of place because it doesn't really jive with the parallel he just made about Beelzebub. Maybe he was clarifying/amending?

I didn't think Jesus had the figurative "do-or-die" mentality. It is a little disappointing to read that. Regardless, it's definitely interesting.

Can anyone comment on my review to see if I'm understanding it correctly? I'd appreciate Christian input in particular but I welcome anyone's thoughts.

EDIT:

Of course, I also welcome responses to the other 2 questions I posted earlier.
Last edited on
We lost all this when Adam and Eve disobeyed. God cursed man to till the earth. Their disobedience caused a lot:
* That caused pains during birth. That caused the rift between man and animals. That caused death. That made us have to decide our fate. That caused hell. That caused torture. That caused evil. That caused Christ wanting to save us and bring us back to God. That caused the afterlife. That caused rapture. That caused the horsemen.
It caused a shift in everything. It caused everything bad but soon, all evil shall be eradicated, all those in heaven will go back to that time where we represented ourselves as true likenesses of God. We will come back to earth without all the negatives and experience the love of God.
Last edited on
soon, all evil shall be eradicated, all those in heaven will go back to that time where we represented ourselves as true likenesses of God. We will come back to earth without all the negatives and experience the love of God.
You give me the creeps, man. Not what you're saying. You, your person.
Nathan2222 wrote:
By claiming the God does not exist but Christ exists insults Christ. It makes His sacrifice for us unappreciated.

Of course it does! By saying their is no God and Christ exists, they are saying Christ was a charlatan.

I can't believe this, I'm usually the bad guy on here with my remarks, but all of you who are still debating this are ridiculous. The topic of the thread was same sex partners adopting children. What they get in response is 25 pages of members acting like total children themselves over the belief or disbelief of God. You have supplied 20+ pages that is full of members who can be reported for thread derailment.

What makes it more childish is that even my 10 year old nephew has read these are realized no one is going to agree with each other. I'm assuming all of you, or at least some of you are older than 10, which at that point you need to be the mature one and let this thread die already.
@BHX I am not doing that. I'm trying to use this as an opportunity to learn more about Christianity.

I'd prefer it if the thread stayed open. Though I agree we should tone it down.

If you do not want to participate, please don't. We already have a lot of noise with people arguing about religion. We don't need to add onto that people arguing about the arguing about religion.

EDIT: and yes I see the irony that now I'm arguing about the arguing about the arguing about religion.
Last edited on
If you want to learn more about Christianity, then start a new thread. This thread has been derailed from a discussion about the point of view on same sex couples adopting children to a 21 or so page debate on religion.

Ironic, the one that was told this on multiple occasions has found himself in the opposite position
no one is going to agree with each other
Well, duh.

you need to be the mature one and let this thread die already.
How is arguing for the sake of itself immature?
Last edited on
God created them for our consumption and that is their purpose. They know that. Read the Bible.

I'm a bit lost here by your claim. Do you believe we are the only intelligent species in the entire universe?

Or do you believe we are the only intelligent species in the universe with souls - ie all other trillions of species have no souls regardless of the fact that they might be many orders of magnitude smarter than us?

I'm back. I decided not to post in this thread and merely watch the debate but this has fallen out of control.

I'm a pseudo-christian, as I attend service every sunday and go to sunday school. I think that there is something very wrong with Christianity: it's focus, the New Testament contradicts a lot of things in the Old Testament and I think Christians should look at the New Testament because it represents the word of Christ and in this New Testament there is no discrimination and that is what I believe people should follow. I think the Old Testament is BS and that little can be taken from there but apart one or other situation, almost every thing in the New Testament can be applied in todays world

@Nathan2222
Stop trying to impose your faith if you can't even provide arguments to support it. Just go back to your little corner of ignorance

@Everyone else
Please get back on topic, not gay marriage, Gay Adoption
That was my intention when I first posted. But don't get it twisted I couldn't care less about gays.
Yes, we are the only ones with souls. Man is made up of 3 things; body, spirit and soul. When we die, the body decomposes. Spirit and soul is eternal that is why there is an afterlife.
Your soul faces judgement before God.
We are created in the image of God. Holy Spirit = spirit part in man.
I can't claim to know everything or understand everything about the Bible or God because i don't know everything. I try to learn as i can.
Even if you want to discard the old testament, read Genesis, proverbs and psalms.
@disch: satan's kingdom can't stand if he drives himself out. Christ can't drive out satan's men with the power of satan and still be good and when they have nothing in common. If Christ did that, the kingdom can't stand. Christ and satan are opposites. You can't remain neutral. It's either you agree with Christ or agree with satan, there's no inbetween. Jesus is the good shepherd so it's either you are helping Him gather the sheep or you are scattering the flock.
One thing i've noticed is that future information complements the old so you have to read further.
Last edited on
Now, can we please leave it at that? There is nothing left to argue; even the original purpose of the thread is no longer worth discussion. Please, just stop posting. Everyone. Let this thread die; if you want a religious discussion, make a new thread or jump on a religious website.
Pages: 1... 2324252627... 36