Hacking

Pages: 12
Hello.
I'm in C++ programming since 2008 and started Python programming.
I know this is ridiculous, but for personal stuff, I need to learn how to hack using network.
I know I can watch someone's computer e.g. only with WinAPI, but the program needs to be downloaded. But I need to enter an iPhone and a Windows computer and it's really important. If anyone can't teach me, please, send me some useful links, right? Thanks!
Last edited on
I really think I won't go jail. At least in Brazil and they will understand what someone did to me.
Last edited on
no one will help you do illegal things.
http://www.hackthissite.org
Last edited on
You work for the government don't you?
Hack this site have good stuff, but it didn't have what I want. I can test some network invasion with my other computer, if you're afraid of illegall hacking.
There's a reason it's called "private network".
There are 2 types of hacking.

White Hat: Good purpose hacking, this could be for a security person to try and hack something to try and find security flaws then fix them.

Black Hat: Doing illegal stuff, stealing bank accounts, all that.

and some people say there is a Grey Hat, which is in the middle of the two, I guess for, for example doing a prank on a friend by hacking them but not doing anything too bad.

I can't really help you become a hacker, but I just wanted to say that because it seems tons of your replies are about saying "No, it's illegal."

In short though, what I can say is:
If you just master programming and all the aspects of a computer program and network, you should know how those things work. Then, since you know how they work you should have some knowledge on how to reverse engineer them which will help you hacking it.
@DaBOSS I think its safe to say that a vast majority of people know about white/black hat hackers. Anyways, the way he worded it made it a bit suspicious. "I need to enter an iPhone and a Windows computer and it's really important... they will understand what someone did to me" Pretty much he wants to revenge hack someone with his iPhone.
@giblit Two pranks. One friend installed his
"Spyware" in my Windows and when I booted my cellphone in my computer, he got some pictures I can't show anyone. I really want revenge >:(.
That's why some people say Jailbreak is bad :(.

And @DaBOSS, I know that. I know this White Hat (hacker) and Black Hat (cracker) stuff.

My question is about IP's and forced download-run. I want to know how those things work.
Last edited on
Actually there are 3 type of hacking, white, gray, and black hat hacking. The one that you missed was gray hat and they are the in between white and black hats, they do legal and illegal things, if they do something illegal it's because they have a reason while black hats don't have a reason they just steal whatever they can
feare56 wrote:
Actually there are 3 type of hacking, white, gray, and black hat hacking. The one that you missed was gray hat and they are the in between white and black hats, they do legal and illegal things, if they do something illegal it's because they have a reason while black hats don't have a reason they just steal whatever they can

DaBoss wrote:
There are 2 types of hacking.

White Hat: Good purpose hacking, this could be for a security person to try and hack something to try and find security flaws then fix them.

Black Hat: Doing illegal stuff, stealing bank accounts, all that.

and some people say there is a Grey Hat, which is in the middle of the two,

@OP
Hacking/Cracking isn't easy at all.You need to know a lot of things inside-out about the different abstraction layers of a system to reach anywhere near compromising or finding and exploiting a vulnerability of the system.
The easiest way is to exploit an already found vulnerability which has not been patched yet on a system or using 0days.
I need to learn how to hack using network.

FYI, if the machines are in the same network , you can write/use a "packet sniffer" such that it forwards all the packets to the OS , not only those meant for it.Don't ask me how. Even if you learned how to "packet-sniff" , do only try on your devices , you can really end up in jail.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
https://stallman.org/articles/on-hacking.html
No matter how many times it happens, it will always shock me when people want to do things the hard way. It's crazy, like everyone else in the world is secretly masochistic and I'm the only normal person left on this planet.

@ OP: You know what your problem is? You're "hacking" the wrong system, here is how you gain unrestricted access to those systems: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_(law)

Yes, I saw that you're in Brazil but I can't imagine that you legal system is that much different from our own in regards to civil\tort law.
No matter how many times it happens, it will always shock me when people want to do things the hard way. It's crazy, like everyone else in the world is secretly masochistic and I'm the only normal person left on this planet.
Did you as a kid ever play a game that involved only stepping on tiles of a certain color? That's certainly harder than just walking, isn't it? Even if you didn't do that particular thing, I'm sure you did other things that were entirely pointless outside of their entertainment value.
It's a game. The fact that it's hard is part of the fun.
Oh I completely agree and historically I've encouraged "prank wars" on this site especially between friends because of how much it motivates you to learn. But the OP had made this post before I got here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/134067/#msg718549
and that to me potentially crosses the line of "just joking with your friend".

@ OP: What is your end goal here? Is this really worth the effort, possible loss of a friend and\or criminal trial?
Err... Wait, I thought you were replying to Canis lupus. Never mind, then.
No matter how many times it happens, it will always shock me when people want to do things the hard way.

If you don't know how an exploit / hack works , then you are just a script kiddie and then IMHO you are not hacking , I'm not saying that one problem should be solved again and again and you have to choose the craziest difficult path ...
Okay , my previous post does sound complicated , I was just trying to make a point to the OP.

helios wrote:
Did you as a kid ever play a game that involved only stepping on tiles of a certain color?

I think this is order : http://www.xkcd.com/245/ :D
Last edited on
Are we letting this thread die? I'm a bit torn; I want to let it go due the frequency of this question often by people who lack even basic computing skills (not a judgment of the OP in this case) so explaining anything becomes a hopeless endeavor. But at the same time the misconceptions being propagated in this thread are killing me! I read the same misinformation here that I read when I was a kid getting started with this stuff and it makes me want to scream. I think I'm just going to rant for a bit.

I don't mean to single out DaBoss here, but this one here:
If you just master programming and all the aspects of a computer program and network, you should know how those things work.

is a motivational carrot. A flash of inspiration is worth infinitely more then a life time of wrote memorization. Just look at the authors of these things, most of them are students who just did stuff because they wanted to. They aren't Phd candidates working on their thesis or evil geniuses. Sometimes exploits are researched and discovered intentionally like Sasser was. But most of the time they are the result of really stupid ideas that were just never thought through before they were given out to everybody such as XSS exploits or drive-by browser downloads. Yes shotgun methods of execution like those are a lot different then the type of targeted attack that the OP is asking about, and his situation is where a well rounded understanding of a lot of concepts would come in handy in case one attack vector is rendered inoperable for some reason. But you really don't have to know everything, most of the time you just have to do stuff.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Computergeek01 wrote:
But you really don't have to know everything, most of the time you just have to do stuff.
That sounds a bit fuzzy.
Pages: 12