• Forum
  • Lounge
  • we need to stop posting your homework/cl

we need to stop posting your homework/classwork

Pages: 1234
Dude when you go around the forums you see these "help on homework" or "somebody help me out on my homework".

What i want to say is that you have to stop that because 1. we're not your teacher/tutor. 2. you were given the assignment to do by yourself unless you have a question for the teacher to answer.

If you don't get the problem, then GO GEt hELP from teacher!!

my solutions is that admins should delete those posts from now on and we will ask for hints ONLY, not just doing homework.

thx.
The simplest solution is to ignore them if they bother you that bad.

Fact of the matter is that some colleges make students take programming courses for their degrees when in truth it has little to do with the degree. Most of the veteran users on this site offer advice on such threads and make it clear that the OP must attempt it and show their attempt rather than simply hand them the solution.

This is a natural part of any programming site, you will get users seeking help on programming homework (Java, C, C++, C#, Javascript, et. al.).

I've seen some even pay to have their work done for them in the Jobs section.
Yes, and it is ultimately up to the person replying if they want to actually help the user by making them try on their own or by just pasting the answer. You may not realize it, but the admin allows users to pay for users to do their homework in the jobs section. He has guidelines for it, but he isn't against those kind of posts.
Why do you care so much?
Don't let what other people do with each other upset you.

It is really, really, unbelievably easy to recognize homework beggars; just ignore them, or, if you really want to help them, gently prod them in the right direction.
Just ignore them. Every time it is a different person, so deleting their posts won't do anything.
The problem that personally irks me is that people put up the whole assignment question, which is like a whole essay itself, I never read that...

PS:
BHX wrote:
Fact of the matter is that some colleges make students take programming courses for their degrees when in truth it has little to do with the degree.

I am a cs undergrad first year and we don't even have a programming language in our course in our first semester, not even Discrete Mathematics... Funny how colleges work
I should have gone for a Bachelors in CS, but it is too late now. What you do in the first year depends on several factors (the course requirements for the degree, what the student wants to take and can take, what the adviser recommends). I chose to do all my math, physics, and (in my view) pointless courses (like psychology) up front and focus solely on the coding in the last semester of year two or even the start of year three. Every one is different.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Lazy people will continue to post their homework, people who don't want to learn, no matter what happens.

The best we can do as individuals is to either ignore the wasted bandwidth, or give hints without doing all the work for them.
Then you guys ought to ban UK Marine off this site, he's a highly experienced programmer like yourselves, but unlike you guys, he immediately hand out solutions to people and thus encouraging homework beggars. :p
Last edited on
People who cheat cheat only themselves.

A few month ago someone persuaded me to do her homework and online exams for her - which I did reluctantly. The final exam she had to do herself and she totally failed.
@MultiMedia
If he needs banning it would be for passing example code from a beginner C++ game programming book off as his own code in the articles section. It was brought to the admin's attention and promptly removed. That is more a banning offense than handing out solutions.
He still needs banning, and I have proof, here's just some of his recent posts clearly handing solutions over to people:

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/197854/
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/197338/
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/197388/
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
...and where does it say that people will be banned for handing out solutions?
read the title?? as the title of this post says, people need to stop posting solutions to homework/classwork because it attracts the wrong people to the forum, the people which thomas1965 mentioned. and the solution is that admins should delete posts from now on and people should only ask for hints not just doing homework. uk marine has a bad reputation and has 0 respect of forum rules, every vet on this site dislike his attitude and he himself said he doesn't give a sh*t about what people here think of him, he's clearly antagonistic and need to be banned..
The title of this thread is merely an opinion of the OP.
yeah and I am proving the OP's point whats wrong with that? OP said he doesnt like people giving instant solutions to every problem and uk marine does just that? did u even check the links I posted? why not set an example for other people to stop giving immediate solutions by banning him.. that way this forum would become more legitimate..
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
There are no rules about posting full solutions so talk about banning someone for 'breaking' them is pointless.

Anyway, it's up to the admin to ban people so you would have to talk to him about it...good luck with that.
A site is either legitimate or it isn't. People coming here only care about getting help with their problem they can't solve and don't usually care if the site has users whom give out homework solutions. The only care about the people helping them being competent in programming and C++ to help them.

As for him having no respect for forum rules, I'm curious what you mean because the beginner forum is the only one that has a guideline about homework and that guideline doesn't apply to the other forums. There have been people even posting to the Jobs forum offering to pay in order to get a solution.

I've yet to find a site that has a rule about no homework that actually enforces it.

Someone giving homework solutions doesn't affect the legitimacy of a site. Giving homework solutions also doesn't warrant banning a person.

This is taking a minor issue and creating a mountain out of it.
Last edited on
@MultiMedia, reading what this drizzling fucknugget types makes me cringe. Listen you yeast infected cumbubble, I reply however I want. If I want to hand out solutions to people, I hand them out. If I want to help people with their program's time complexity, I will help people with their program's time complexity. If I want to call someone a moron for acting like you, I will call that person a moron, moron. You look at my profile, why not look at your profile where you literally beg people to help you. How many times have I helped you overcome your programming difficulties you piss stain...? What 10, 13, 15 times? So please steer your cuntwagon in the opposite direction you shit.

[EDIT] I responded immaturely, sorry for the bad language.
Last edited on
Pages: 1234