How would the SAW killer test a hacker?

Pages: 1234
But why should the less witty be put at a greater risk. They are "compensating" for their wrongdoing, not their lack of intellect.

I just personally enjoy a good intellectual character finding his way out using their wits. As in the anime I mentioned, the main character finds himself in traps. Just as with John Kramer, the enemy doesn't intend to leave a way for the character to escape (other than the way they want them to). The intellectual part is finding a way. The traps with John Kramer seem to have ways of escape that characters don't delve into because the movie doesn't want to delve into that, they want to bring more psychological aspects out.

The purpose of the trap isn't the important part. Yea, it's not meant to be an intellectual challenge for those in it, but as a way for them to compensate for their wrong doings. But many of the traps that John Kramer uses are already intellectual traps, but the characters simply never delve into the idea that they could perhaps escape if they used their heads.

Imagine John Kramer putting someone in a death trap to repent, and the guy was simply smart enough to be able to foil the whole trap and escape. Wouldn't be the kind of movie they were trying to make!
closed account (367kGNh0)
The purpose of the trap isn't the important part.

In that case, I see, like the cube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjyfORs5nU

What would be amusing right now is if I simply reply with something cryptic like "I will let you be judge." And the next morning you wake up in some contraption
"Hello zapshe,(...)Lets put your idea to the test..."
Yes, similar to that. Though, ideally you'd never fall into that trap to begin with.

What would be amusing right now is if I simply reply with something cryptic like "I will let you be judge." And the next morning you wake up in some contraption
"Hello zapshe,(...)Lets put your idea to the test..."

Assuming you could get into my house without falling prey to a trap yourself ;). If you were somehow able to, then you've already won the first intellectual battle, which was kidnapping me.

After that, I'd have to search for a way out of your trap. I don't know where Kramer gets his funding, but that cube had to have been water tight and enforced to withstand that pounding.
After that, I'd have to search for a way out of your trap. I don't know where Kramer gets his funding, but that cube had to have been water tight and enforced to withstand that pounding.
To my surprise the extras revealed the actor was placed in a watertight tube, and did have his head submerged in water, and did pound the box. The lengths film companies go to for attention. To have the scene forgotten by all the next year
To my surprise the extras revealed the actor was placed in a watertight tube, and did have his head submerged in water, and did pound the box.

Yea, high film budget will have millions of dollars to simply burn. Either way, he probably held back a bit during the pounding.
Instead of using numbers, the film titles are like (xyz) III, (xyz) IV, what affect do you find this conveys?
Well, they are numbers xD. Roman numerals simply fit the mood of the movies better, a cosmetic decision.
I realised the philosophy is more suggesting the verge of death acts as a consequence, rather than a permanent gratitude for being alive
Yea, I assume so. Being on the edge of death in that way is a terrifying experience, which is his way of making them repent. Whether or not they survive, they've lost something.
I can understand why somebody would deliberately refuse to take part in the trap. I mean just think

"Hah, I am not going to be killed by some old man."

This also makes murder in general rather tragic, as it will always only be one of two things, being either A an older person takes the life of a younger person, or a younger person kills an older person. Neither is more preferable than the other.
Last edited on
What will be used to make them attempt to kill each other? A gun/knife? In that case, those could probably be used to try and escape instead.

My last option in a situation like that would be to actually participate. What I first want to see is if there's another way, a 3rd route I could make. Can I escape somehow? What does the person actually want? Is there a psychological weakness I could try to take advantage of?

I'm sure you get what I mean. And buildings like the one he puts the death traps in can have all sorts of things one could use as a loop hole. Structurally weak walls that lead to another room, air vents large enough to fit a person, etc..
Or if you are multilingual, instantly scream words in something like Spanish implying you are confused. The killer would release you if he was just
Last edited on
Trap idea, the hedge trimmer

Prologue
"Jim, you haven't trimmed my hedges..."
"Look, I have mouths to feed and other customers to serve"
"But I have paid you the full price"
"And I have paid you my time"*hurries to truck, slams door and leaves*
*killer watches him drive*"Perhaps paying a sacrifice will show him the severity of betrayal..."

Trap
*Fixed to a chair by the waist due to a harness, the mouth is gagged, but in his lap lies the most theatening element of the situation. A hedge trimmer, in which his left fingers are jammed into and his right hand taped to the trigger*
*cassette*"Hello, Nick. Now is your chance to repay me, as well as all of the other victims of your selfishness, greed, deceit. You make promises, take a profit in advanced, then break that deal yet leave with every single penny, today you will learn the true ease of enforcing a simple promise. Before you is the very same tool you failed to wield for me, now to be wielded against you, for if your fingers are still connected to you in 60 seconds, this room will become your tomb. "
I'd be more worried about the room than the hedge trimmer, what's in the room that would kill me?
Gas/Weed wacker blade impales head
I'd find a way to unstuck my fingers from the trimmer. If it can be put inside, it can be taken out, even if I have to go through some pain of getting cut.

My right hand can be unstuck fairly easily if it's just tape. At this point, I have a hedge trimmer at my disposal.

Getting out of the harness wouldn't be too difficult. I can personally squeeze my way out of things like that. Even if I couldn't, standing then jumping back would likely break the chair (and me possibly!).

Once I'm fully free, if the trap was a weed wacker blade, I'd have probably noticed and already avoided that outcome by escaping the chair. If gas, I can likely escape before I breath in enough to die. I could break the door, escape through a vent, plug where the gas is coming from, etc.. Depends on the room mostly.
Of course, probably via camera, the trap would be being overlooked. (and the camera will be in a cage, so you cannot damage it) so I could just activate the gas at the first sign of progression in escape. Also, how would you escape a room like this anyway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBfmtayQQuU
(only the room, the trap of course is escapable. They could find somebody else's body)The door is incredibly secure.
The room seems examined unthoroughly. They only look at the trap, and then they assume it's perfect and they must do as the designer wants.

But that aside, the room is far from perfect, all the wiring is sticking out right for them. The cage holding the beakers and such didn't seem that strong, I'm sure it could be broken. As for the explosives, they should have left the door to the previous room open, so they could hide in it from the explosive in the next room. The blast wouldn't have effected them if they stayed back, it didn't seem that powerful to begin with.
The door would have shut on its own, like it does here:
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=zf31mx9T-5A&p=n#/143;145
Doors don't magically shut themselves, there must have been a mechanism to take advantage of. Of course, since it's a movie, they may not even show it, but there has to be something there to allow for that.

And again, the wiring for the bomb was in plain sight. I wasn't there to look at the wiring, but I don't think it was complex enough to be confusing.
Pages: 1234