New site layout

Pages: 12
CRAZY! Finally after years an interface change! What do you guys think?
I fear change :(
It really hasn't changed much. It's much prettier though. And the "click" area on buttons is back to the full graphic. :O)

The Preview, Submit, Cancel buttons are missing their graphic on the bottom of my page though. (I'm using Chrome, if that makes any difference.)
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
Is it purely cosmetic?

My first impression is that it seems off balanced somehow, can't quite put my finger on it though.
Well, everything is supposed to stay where it used to be and look more or less the same.
The reason that forced the change: some of the new classes in the C++11 standard have been added to the reference (the containers), and this required wider navigational menus (due to the new class names being considerably longer) - the old layout could not accommodate for this.
I hope you like it!
but if you don't... there is still a way to see the page with the old layout... just find the link!
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
twicker wrote:
... some of the new classes in the C++11 standard have been added to the reference (the containers), and this required wider navigational menus...

That would explain it ... a long with the white background.

I'm sure it will not take to long to get used to, still looks nice and clean.

Good work, Im off to look at the C++11 standard now...
I rather like it. Of course I am odd, I like this kind of layout on almost every page I can find something similar (shades of blue on white).
Finally I can see the prototypes. :) count{,_if}() looks bad
I like the margins. But when trying to reply the box expands too much to the right, and I miss the buttons.

there is still a way to see the page with the old layout... just find the link!
Found it. Those width changes are bothersome,
Last edited on
Looks like graphics created by a programmer :D
But it is better than before.
Last edited on
Bah, you really put a link (I had looked at the source code)
Weird things happen if you try to Edit and Reply. The 6 buttons were in the edit box, after cacnel (sic) it, I can't do anything in the other one (as there were no buttons)
Well well well. I rather like it, actually. It feels more... professional, if you will. Thank you very much!

-Albatross
Looks great, I'm a fan :)
Was I the only one that was online when twicker made the update a little while ago? It was like I hit the submit button on a comment, the site timed out and a little while later when I came back everything looked different. I honestly wouldn't have signed in if not for this thread telling us that it's a legit new layout.
I prefer it left-aligned rather than centred but I'll get used to it.
Anyone up for creating a C++11 section in tutorials? If so -- message me (unless of course, twicker is already working on something)
Who manage the website ? amateur or IT pro ?

And ... thanks ! At last, new C++11 features have been added !
Last edited on
Reply cancel button is misspelled
 cacnel
The links panel on the left takes way too much space (netbook user here).

Suggestions to fix this:
0. Move the links panel to the right.
1. Decrease width of the links panel.

Opinions on this suggestion?
Hmm...I'm more used to the old layout, where all the posts were centered rather than on the right side of the screen.
Right now, if I scroll down far enough (past the boxes with the links to the various forums on the left), I get this huge gap (a bit more than 1/4 of the screen width) between the left side of the screen and the left side of the posts.

Probably because I have a small screen, but...

(I'll get used to it eventually)
I have that too, and this is on a 1080p monitor so it's not your resolution. The posts are aligned too far to the right.
Pages: 12