Lounge - June 2020

CppCast: Azure IoT

Rob and Jason are joined by Tara Walker from Microsoft. They first discuss the results of JetBrains C++ ecosystem survey and an article about bugs in Command & ...
[no replies]
good vs bad

This question is a little subjective, but what makes one programmer good and the other bad?
[15 replies] Last: A good programmer is one who programmers think is good. It's no diffe... (by kbw)
by helios
About file management (1,2)

Do you think there's any value in a file management system that lets you have distinct entries in the same directory that have the same name? I.e. you list the...
[24 replies] Last: I said it more as an insult to him being old! Whatever it is now is ... (by zapshe)
Join a hackathon. yes or no?

Is joining a hackathon a good practice? I found this one. https://bit.ly/privacyhackathon
[10 replies] Last: I'm a graduate of Information Technology No, I'm Spartacus a gradu... (by George P)
Microsoft: Rust Is the Industry’s ‘Best Chance’ at Safe Systems Programming (1,2)

No matter how much investment software companies may put into tooling and training their developers, “C++, at its core, is not a safe language,” said Ryan ...
[20 replies] Last: Microsoft's modus operandi has been "Embrace, Expand, Exterminate" sin... (by Norm Gunderson)
by zapshe
Visual Studio - Connecting a Library

When I wanted to link Visual Leak Detector, I did something magical and whenever I want to #include it, I can do so in any project without doing anything else. ...
[7 replies] Last: At least it wasn't horse-shoes or nukes. :D I am glad you asked the q... (by George P)
CppCast: Move Semantics

Rob and Jason are joined by author and ISO committee member Nico Josuttis. They first discuss a blog post on faster integer parsing and CppCon registration open...
[no replies]
Identify this song in video

Does anyone recognize the music in this video? I can't get music recognition software to identify it... How to build your own DIY archery target on a budget ...
[3 replies] Last: I've made several youtube videos, and I go through tons of generic mus... (by zapshe)
Programming languages: Developers reveal what they love and loathe, and what pays best

Coding question-and-answer site Stack Overflow has released the results of its 2020 survey of nearly 65,000 developers, revealing their favorite and most dread...
[9 replies] Last: Can't believe C and Assembly are dreaded. I can believe it. Too man... (by George P)
  Archived months: [may2020] [jul2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.