Lounge - May 2018

by stav
Tool to change \ to /

Hi I wasn't sure whether to post this here or under linux programming but since it doesn't really have anything to do with c++ i just posted it here. sorry if i...
[3 replies] Last: Why don't you write a little tool yourself ? Should be simple and stra... (by Thomas1965)
Do Kata challenges really help?

I am spending some time doing Katas from codewars.com they do get you thinking but do they actually help? will they improve your skills as a programmer? o...
[3 replies] Last: agreed Thomas,I need to focus on these topics.should be my priority (by adam2016)
What's something that C++ beginners should do that'll help later?

As the title says, what's something that c++ beginners should start doing, or should know about c++ that will possibly help them later on?
[7 replies] Last: Also: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/links There are C++ idioms, a... (by TheIdeasMan)
Discord server for C++

I have already made a small post about this around 1 month ago, but we have since grown to 200 members, so I deciced I'd share this with you! We even got a vani...
[no replies]
by a10e29
Questions about Test Script Jobs

Hi, See a job ad for my area that for this: Testing Analyst Primary Skills Test Scripts Overview ROLE: Testing Analyst RESPONSIBILITIES: Testing...
[3 replies] Last: You're welcome - best of luck! (by MikeyBoy)
Could someone explain this to me please

So I'm lurking in posts, trying to collect every bit of knowledge here and there to improve my overall C++ knowledge/skills. Yesterday I found the following com...
[4 replies] Last: I'm super sorry, can't remember who commented this and where(couldn't... (by TheIdeasMan)
Rants about Powershell

Why does this language have to make for such FUGLY scripts? I can't dispute it's utility but I have never seen a functional end product in this language that ha...
[5 replies] Last: I started out really liking it one time I needed to script the signing... (by helios)
Computer Science Forum Grand Opening

Hey Everyone, I've created a Forum dedicated to Computer Science. It would be great if everybody were to post and ask questions relating to Computer S...
[no replies]
Experimental Playstation Vita Emulator

Hey, I've been working on an experimental Playstation Vita Emulator for quite some time now. https://github.com/JagerDesu/vios It's nowhere near the state at ...
[no replies]
Net data question

Ok i found written on many sites that games consume very less data of like 40mb per hour and movies consume data of around 1gb per hour but in my case its the o...
[1 reply] : Are you referring to bandwidth usage over time? A game can consume li... (by helios)
by Ch1156
Best protocol for randomization?

I am working on a game in Unreal Engine 4, it doesnt use any C++, just Blueprints, its visual node based programming language, but it utilizes randomization in ...
[4 replies] Last: How about discrete_distribution Good idea! That would be much bette... (by mbozzi)
by zapshe
Test Out My Calculator?

Hi - I've made a calculator and just recently solved a HUGE problem with it. I want just whoever to try out the calculator and give me their thoughts. The probl...
[9 replies] Last: Hi punksheep, sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I wrote this calcu... (by zapshe)
Discord server

I made a discord server, most as a place to get coders toghether. Little did I know what would have come. In 2 weeks we now have 150 members! Come around and sa...
[no replies]
To The Students On This Site

What do you do to prepare for exams and also get comfortable with new things you've learned in class?
[1 reply] : As a Comp Sci major, Math is usually the subject I struggle the most w... (by JasperTheFriendly)
Cleartext login

I just made my user account for this site, and noticed the registration and login pages are not encrypted. Am I missing something? Or can the site admins make i...
[1 reply] : The website does not support HTTPS. The chances of the admin changing ... (by Ganado)
  Archived months: [apr2018] [jun2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.