Lounge - November 2017

Why do some users find it degrading when posting in the beginners?

Hello! As the title says I want to know why? I mean a friend of mine who has a lot more experience in programming than me is registered in this site and sai...
[8 replies] Last: Haven't checked in since last time.Didn't expect a lot of answers but ... (by stonedviper)
ansewr to question

float
[4 replies] Last: What are you trying to do? You shouldn't be trying to mix pointers of ... (by Ganado)
C++17 upgrades you should be using in your code

Take a look at Julian’s Mastering C++ Templates learning path, for more on getting the most out of new features in both the language and the Standard Library....
[12 replies] Last: Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were proposing using std::random_de... (by helios)
Legal advice on custom license

Hello, I created a custom license called the Neo-MIT-License (basically the MIT license with a couple of differences). The website link is https://ndrewxie.git...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=ndrewxie]Could anybody please give me some pointers or referenc... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
help needed with a confidential program

How do i ask for help for a program that i cannot disclose here as i am afraid that my lazy clasmates will just copy it.Its really huge(130 lines) but very easy...
[3 replies] Last: How do i ask for help ... for this, and in general all instances, ... (by gunnerfunner)
Java TextArea and ScrollPane

The ScrollPane overlaps the TextArea package ProjSuperMarket.objectClass; import java.awt.Color; import javax.swing.JPanel; import javax.swing.JTex...
[2 replies] Last: Please use code tags, it's hard to read it if you just plaster it with... (by Golden Lizard)
getpass on windows

i need getpass function for masking password in code::blocks but it uses ncurses library. Can anyone give me ncurses library for windows. If it is not availabl...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/75406/#CH_i404491 (by Thomas1965)
by stav
are shell commands separate programs?

So i've been learning about shells and i was wondering: in dos (and whatever the shell in linux is called) are the commands (cd, makedir, del, pwd, etc) actual...
[1 reply] : Run where <command> . If the tool reports "INFO: Could not find files... (by helios)
Longest possible variable declaration?

Can any one beat const static volatile unsigned long long int x = 0; No long variable names.
[10 replies] Last: unsigned long long int *********************************************... (by Golden Lizard)
Shouldn't cstring and string.h have separate pages?

I couldn't find cstring methods on that page. Seems misleading since strlen() does not work with cstring, one must use x.length() instead.
[2 replies] Last: Oh, yes. I see now. My mistake was just that, using <cstring> think... (by joe god)
Past posts

how do you delete old posts that you made in the past few weeks? is there a way to do that?
[2 replies] Last: I'll repeat what I posted on one of your threads: Please DON'T delete... (by MikeyBoy)
by helios
Just a little project I've been working on

https://github.com/Helios-vmg/cppred/ It's a complete reimplementation in C++ of Pokemon gen. 1 (the original was written in Assembly). Currently only the open...
[4 replies] Last: Let's continue this in a PM. (by helios)
Most disliked programming languages

Blog at SO https://stackoverflow.blog/2017/10/31/disliked-programming-languages/?cb=1
[1 reply] : Seems to be answered by Javascript developers who occasionally use bas... (by kbw)
future advice

Ok people i am still in school(last year) and i am planning on going to gaming industry after college but the thing is i am not sure i am getting a top tier col...
[10 replies] Last: But it doesn't exist yet. There's active research on the topic that sh... (by helios)
Help with math tutor

hey guys I'm writing a math tutor program and i need it to keep track of the number of correct scores as well as number tries and i also want to have 5 answer o...
[no replies]
and

I will have to do some research to give you a good example of the hash table portion, but assuming mod means the modulus operator then mode71 is not much differ...
[6 replies] Last: Here is what I have: x mod 10: 0 1 ->[ 4371] 2 3 -> -> 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... (by closed account Sz6592yv)
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.