UNIX/Linux Programming - January 2018

wxOVERRIDE flag in wxWidgets

Hi, I only recently started using wxWidgets. I am using gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1-16.04.5). I check my flags for build using wx-con...
[9 replies] Last: Everything is fine now. Here's a little summary for anyone who had th... (by CPPAWhile)
by Ganado
./configure include directories

I'm wondering if anyone has an idea how to let ./configure be able to find the headers of another library that I installed. In msys2 (so it is Windows, but thi...
[3 replies] Last: Okay, so, just to update to bring this to some close. To solve this e... (by Ganado)
by kwiki
Connection Mysql

Bonjour, je poste sur le forum à la suite d'un problème. Je dois, pour un projet de classe, faire sur une raspberry (tournant sur raspbian) une base de donné...
[1 reply] : You need to use the C++ mysql connector to connect to the database. (by kbw)
QT Creator and GCC 7

Hi, How can I configure QT Creator to use the latest version (7 I think) of the Gnu Compiler Collection ? Thanks Seymour.
[4 replies] Last: Qt is supported on a variety of 32-bit and 64-bit platforms, and can u... (by sm2345110)
helgrind reports strange errors

Hi everyone! Using the valgrind tool helgrind, I get error messages that, in my opinion, should not be reported. This is an example code : #include <st...
[3 replies] Last: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/types.h> #i... (by sm2345110)
by Dagr
Install Dev-Cpp

Hi guyz. Im new here (in linux) i need to install dev or another compiler on my PC i have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. can someone help me ?
[4 replies] Last: You can try vim + xmake (http://xmake.io) (by waruqi)
C++ Essentia: For sound analytics

Hi, I am working on sound analytics and thus need to install and use Essentia library in C++. Somehow, I installed Essentia but not able to use it. When I am...
[1 reply] : it is not working. I'm sorry to hear that. Please read the followin... (by mbozzi)
C++&Qt3 - Embed help files in executable

I'm building a Qt3 application in C++ and I'm using QTextBrowser and a HTML file to implement a help page. Is there any trick anywhere in the C++ realm that ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much, this is a really neat trick ! Would have taken me... (by cristian c)
make and -std=c++11 (1,2)

Hello everyone, I use ubuntu 16.04 and GNU Make 4.1 and while reading my "older" book at least it compiled ( my projet that is ). Then I started on the C++ ...
[21 replies] Last: I modified the CXXFLAGS line like this : CXXFLAGS += -std=c++17 -MT $@... (by mycuser)
xcode instruments leak check interpretation

Does anyone know how I interpret this allocation summary from the xcode instruments leak check. Does "Persistent" mean that those bytes are leaking? Categor...
[no replies]
  Archived months: [dec2017] [feb2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.