UNIX/Linux Programming - July 2019

by anshah
C/C++ printing UK pound symbol from wint_t

I am on a Linux system and set the keyboard setting to UK in order to capture and print out a UK pound symbol (£). Here is my code: ```` #include <stdio...
[1 reply] : reproduces here https://wandbox.org/permlink/2Mcibc0RATpyYJ6H fix: mo... (by Cubbi)
by anshah
C/C++ printing UK pound symbol from wint_t

I am on a Linux system and set the keyboard setting to UK in order to capture and print out a UK pound symbol (£). Here is my code: #include <stdio.h> #inclu...
[no replies]
kdevelop

I just installed kdevelop on linux. I'm trying to figure it out. The build button is greyed out and I can't figure out how to compile and run. Do I need cmake? ...
[4 replies] Last: "MATE" is a desktop environment, not a distribution. They want to know... (by dutch)
by bembel
Odd behaviour with own sqrt() using gcc __asm__

Hi, I wrote a quick sqrt()-function: double sqrt(double n){ __asm__( "fsqrt\n" :"+t" (n) ); return n + 1; //I'll e...
[13 replies] Last: I can't see that being useful since a long time ago (about 1994 when a... (by jonnin)
linux function

I don't understand what this return means, the parenthesis mean casting but what then would the braces mean. I am so confused. The code is from https://elixir.b...
[4 replies] Last: It wasn't a bug in sendfile I used mkdir first, but I gave it 0644 as ... (by alfie nsugh)
Compiler in MAC

Hello, I have the latest xcode version installed in xcode and terminal. I also have the lastest homebrew gcc installed in terminal. In Xcode itself my cpp...
[4 replies] Last: I have to manually input: g++ -std=c++17 example.cpp You can put tha... (by talos)
by Bennda
prerequisites for linux programming

hi everyone, I'm not much of a computer programmer .I've learnt a bit of c for semester.I would like to make the best use of ubuntu by learning linux programmi...
[3 replies] Last: > I'm not much of a computer programmer .I've learnt a bit of c for se... (by talos)
types and casting

Hi guys, so another casting question, in the below code I have a function addNumbers which returns the sum of the two arguments, I cast the double* ( address ...
[6 replies] Last: Those pointer casts are all reinterpret_casts. Reinterpreting the unde... (by dutch)
Linux froze and got back working 5 days later, no reboot.

Hello my friends, I've come across the weirdest of glitches. I'm running a simple weather monitor (just temperature) on a Raspbeery Pi 3B (Raspbian Linux...
[2 replies] Last: finally, proof! Linux IS better than windows, it self repairs and nev... (by jonnin)
  Archived months: [jun2019] [aug2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.