Windows Programming - August 2015

by VxK21
I need help on arrays

I need a specific program that asks the user what size of an array will be put out and it limits to 1x1 up to 10x10 array and after that you have to enter a n...
[5 replies] Last: try this : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> ... (by Ericool)
by AcarX
How to use a part of a bitmap resource ?

Is it possible to use a specific region of a bitmap resource ? For example lets say that i got a 100x20 bitmap and want to use last 25x20 pixels on a button. Ho...
[2 replies] Last: the best approach is to copy into a DIB.. Take a look at CreateDIBSect... (by chainrule)
Hit Test w/ Vector Graphics

Hi, I'm writing a small drawing program in WIN32 API. I can't for the life of me find a good example of a hit test. My program zooms and pans and I use double b...
[no replies]
by Zuve
Interrupting Windows Startup with a Program

How would I go about interrupting windows login as to launch a security program. I want to write a program that makes it so you use a USB Flash Drive to log in ...
[1 reply] : Perhaps this could be of any help: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/... (by Homberto)
by samrux
Change a console program's text font and size

I'd love to make my program change the cmd's font size to 12x16 on startup (from the default 8x12), to make the window bigger, the text more readable, and the c...
[2 replies] Last: Helpful. Thank you! (by samrux)
by AcarX
Loading bitmap file into HBITMAP

I'm trying to load a .bmp file into a HBITMAP using LoadImage but it doesn't seem to work. HBITMAP b = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(0, "c:\\image.bmp", IMAGE_BITMAP...
[5 replies] Last: Hi. Just installed a version of VS which supports resource editing. I ... (by AcarX)
by LASims
Reading HTML code from webpage

I need to write a program to read the HTML code from a webpage and then parse it. I can handle the parsing portion of it, but just need to know how to grab/scr...
[2 replies] Last: cURL would probably be easier, but if you don't want to install anythi... (by Homberto)
Installing curl library for Visual Studio 2015 (vs14)

Hi guys, I was trying to install the curl library for the last 2 days, and I get nothing... The instructions in the curl page are from 10 years ago, I read a ...
[5 replies] Last: Ok finally I got it :-D :-D First of all thanks a lot guys, you helped... (by selmo12f)
why my image class don't return HBITMAP?

heres my MemoryDC and BitmapDC: class MemoryDC { private: HDC memoryDC; public: MemoryDC () { HDC hdc=GetDC(GetDesktopWindow()); ...
[12 replies] Last: thanks for that information coder777, that's why i can't return the HB... (by Cambalinho)
Sorting array of structs

I need an algorithm that sorts an array of structs first by one component, and then, if this one repeats itself (ex: 1 2 3 3 4), unless a second component is eq...
[1 reply] : For example, struct A{ int a, b, c; }; //Returns true if a has ... (by helios)
- how can i return the window class name?

i thot that for get the window class name: char chrClassName ; int b=GetClassName (fb,chrClassName,255); but gives me the window title. can anyone ...
[1 reply] : seems that function is ok... i was doing 1 big problem with class name... (by Cambalinho)
Query regarding VC++ programming with databases.

I am using Visual studio 2010, C++ application. I have a query as follows: While developing an application similar to database engines for writing and executing...
[no replies]
by www8
Can someone compile this?

With Qt creator? Mine keeps failing... http://www.filedropper.com/coinkiller
[no replies]
SFML Countdown Timer Help

Alright, another SFML issue. I'm pretty sure this has to do with my timer. I want to try and display a timer on screen in seconds. It works thus far, but inste...
[3 replies] Last: Your 'convert' object is never cleared, so you keep appending data rat... (by Disch)
by www8
How can I build a Windows Program

How can I learn?
[2 replies] Last: Learn to Program for Windows in C++ (on MSDN) https://msdn.microsoft.c... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
C++ w/ SFML Smooth Movement Help

I'm really stuck here. I'm trying to make smooth movement with my sprite, but I get this annoying delay whenever I hold down one of the movement keys. I've been...
[2 replies] Last: @Disch Your keyboard checks are inside the event loop, which means th... (by nsahawks7)
Query regarding how to execute SQL like queries through windows application.

I am new to databases. I am creating an application for my final project. My application (I use VS2010 C++, Windows form application) connects to MySql databas...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. but that is c++ code. It is different from Visual studio's C++... (by SdHuma45)
by fsshl
Console::WriteLine( S" --in vc++ need help

dear windows, visual c++ 2015 programers: I tried to copy/test a simple code(first example code in the book) visual c++.net by Deitel, on my visual studio ...
[no replies]
by pfjf2
Visualisation in C++

Hello again, I have written some simulations and now would like to start integrating some pretty visuals. I use Microsoft visual studio 2015 to write and com...
[1 reply] : If you're talking about graphics libraries, you could try Magnum, SFML... (by LB)
Win8.1 - Popping up a wi-fi connection list

I'm designing a system that runs on a Windows tablet and, for convenience and security, starts at boot and holds control of the system so that the general publi...
[1 reply] : Make use of DRR and its class system. Just let it go. (by developer11)
August 2015 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.