Windows Programming - February 2016 (Page 2)

by Warden
How do you make a simple ASCII-style game?

Hello, I'm interested in making one of those geeky ASCII-graphics games like dwarf-fortress. Any ideas on how to make one? 0_0 I know how to display and move...
[2 replies] Last: how to set the console position? https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li... (by Thomas1965)
System::String^ to char *

Is there a way to convert a System::String^ to char *? I am trying to use label->Text to open a file for writing &/or reading. So far I have not been able to di...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies. I think I got it working now. Dave (by DavidFarrow)
Windows Threads in Classes

Hi, could I get some easy to medium threading examples for use with? and/or inside objects and classes? I always had some issues with them, especially when ...
[no replies]
undefined reference to `LeaveCriticalSection@4'

Hi, I've been struggling for the last few days to resolve this really annoying code problem. I have been trying to compile a piece of code from the OpenGL R...
[8 replies] Last: Seeing as though we're discussing VS 2015, I've been trying to build s... (by Fractal Cat)
by helios
Resizing a VHD

My overall goal is to take an about-full VHD and resize it so more data can be put into it. I know ResizeVirtualDisk() is available only since Windows 8. That'...
[no replies]
How can I inhibit that the standard popupmenu appears?

Hello! I am using third party VCL controls which has are using the standard text control. If I mark text an click on the right mouse button the standard popup m...
[3 replies] Last: There is a tools named "WinSpy" Do you mean this one? http://www.cat... (by Thomas1965)
Convert C++ function to Pascal

I have basic C++ skills but need to convert this small CRC function to FPC Pascal. The C++ is way beyond my current comfort level so would appreciate some help....
[1 reply] : Discussion of Pascal is outside the scope of this forum but here are s... (by Plover)
by Hex213
"Full screen"

Hi, I need switch in console application on maximize window or full screen. Can you help me with this win32 code?
[3 replies] Last: Thanks (by Hex213)
Windows Programming C++ Native/Managed - Book suggestion

Hi Guys, I would like to improve my knowledge in Windows Programming starting from the beginning to arrive to advance concept. What is the best book\s ab...
[2 replies] Last: The availability and pricing of Petzold's classic book varies from day... (by freddie1)
Pointers problem

class Card{...} class Pack { protected: Card *pack; int packSize; int freeSlot; public: Pack(int S) { packSize = S; ...
[1 reply] : It shouldn't, not how you have it written here. Maybe the problem is i... (by Computergeek01)
by Kubani
Starting Qt5 projects

Hi guys, I read the comments of the admin on this forum and I think creating a thread on Qt will not violate any rule :-) I'm going to do the following tutori...
[2 replies] Last: The link is this: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtdesigner-calculatorform-exam... (by Kubani)
getting website source code with c++

hi assume we have link like this http://www.cplusplus.com/ i want to get source code of this link using c++ without opening any browser or how to search strin...
[12 replies] Last: Danke please look at your pm. (by mohammedawni)
What is Vector in glfw

layout(location=0)in vec3 position void main() { gl_Position=vec4(position.x,position.y.position.z,1.0); } What are these "vec3","vec4" in ...
[5 replies] Last: General c++ Programming (by TarikNeaj)
Unmanaged DLL in Managed Project

Hi, I have followed the steps laid forth in other sources but couldn't figure out my problem. I've built an unmanaged DLL that I now wish to use this DLL in a ...
[1 reply] : Do you get any error messages ? (by Thomas1965)
SFML mouse multiple clicking

bool Clicked(sf::Event event, bool tap, int x, int y, sf::Vector2i window) { if(!tap) if((sf::Mouse::getPosition().x-window.x > x) &...
[no replies]
MONITORINFOEX, EnumDisplayDevices and Simple Arrays

I am making an array of monitor information (For multiple monitors). I have made a class below to hold most of the information I need (I will add more later but...
[1 reply] : I am wondering if there is an improved method to: struct structMoni... (by Jack Hammered)
Beginner: Win32 API NetUserAdd can't run on Windows 10

Here is my code which works on Windows 7 (Visual Studio 2013 Express installed ) not on my Windows 10 (Visual Studio 2015 Community installed) #ifndef UNIC...
[4 replies] Last: It is possible to statically link to the C Runtime Libraries...the opt... (by cvanbrederode)
by V07
How to customize buttons? (1,2)

Hi, I have created some buttons on my main window as well as in dialog-boxes. But these buttons are looking like Windows 98(I mean the style). The proble...
[20 replies] Last: You will need background-color: transparent; (Or you can use hex as we... (by yugabharathi)
program initiation

I am writing a program which it can be started automatically during when the OS is loaded during startup or it can be initiated by a user from say the desktop. ...
[5 replies] Last: I just thought of a way that could work for me but not sure, let me kn... (by andrewllewop)
Stack consisting of stacks?

I need to use a stack consisting of stacks for an assignment. I declared it the following way: stack <stack<int>> table; and when I compiled it, it ran ...
[2 replies] Last: I'm replying sort of late because I hadn't logged in here for a few da... (by jgg2002)
February 2016 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jan2016] [mar2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.