Windows Programming - January 2016

Code::Block Installing Error

Some one please, I am trying to install codeblock with extension as .exe if I click installing it returns error saying the "download of the program was not comp...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=Chikwado]Codeblock and mingw is it surported to window 8? Code... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
MFC Application Video Player

hello, I am new c++ programmer i need to add window player but i can figure out could you please help me out. example will be nice.
[2 replies] Last: @thomas1965 thanks bro. you really help me out. (by webalex)
by V07
Check box not working

Hi, I have created a dialog box with a checkBox.Everything works fine and the check box was displayed as well. But I have created a void function and added tha...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry Everyone I forget to send a message that my problem has solved. ... (by V07)
EnumDisplayDevices and Wrapper Classes!

I would like to create an array class to hold multiple wrapper classes containing (MONITORINFOEX, a few more variables including an array of the pixels being di...
[no replies]
by evaboy
C, Win32 API: l need help with tab control

Hi friends Good day. Please am writing an application, though things are going good. But am stucked in the area where l need to copy the text of what the user...
[4 replies] Last: @Thomas1965: this is a good clue to getting the pothole. Solved (by evaboy)
if your using avast, or distribute uncertified code, avast may break everything

I know this isnt directly programming related -- but it IS related to programming on the windows platform. I brought up this issue to avast, and even though ...
[5 replies] Last: The situation with anti-virus software is so bad that its a case of th... (by freddie1)
by Zarman
Do I need to know C to use win32?

I'm learning the C++ way of doing things, so I don't have any ideas of C.
[4 replies] Last: Yeah I know those things that you guys listed. Thanks. (by Zarman)
by Zarman
What to learn, Win32 or .NET

I have no idea. Please help.
[3 replies] Last: It depends what you want. If you want to do GUI programming .NET is de... (by Thomas1965)
A wired Question

This could be wired question but still I'm asking.. Glfw is a hardware dependent API. So I have to choose the specific version of it, which one my graphics c...
[1 reply] : I'm not that sure what the question is. Maybe this: A library such as... (by coder777)
Strangest Random Bug Ever Encountered..ever

Built/Tested on Win 7 64bit using VS2015 Pro. Project Solutions: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=79811894669876614450 I dare anyone here to; 1. B...
[12 replies] Last: Thanks again freddie and grats on your 1337(th) post ;). Guess the on... (by ChemicalBliss)
random 2d array

I'm implement function of 2D array filled with random content 1 to M. The issue is that when I run the program, I must to get these response. 1 loop is authori...
[3 replies] Last: My problem is these two vectors. these two given vectors that my prog... (by kbw)
Timetible in C++ code

Please help me with this project... I have to structure a school timetable in C++ code. The user has to put the day and the time and the program has to say whe...
[19 replies] Last: These types of bugs can be solved only by creating AI My initial com... (by Chervil)
GetAsyncKeyState - How to check when key is released?

Hello guys. I have this code: while(1) { if(GetAsyncKeyState(VK_F8) != 0) // PRESSED -> DO STUFF } I actually want my code to execut...
[2 replies] Last: bool f8_pressed = false; while(1) { if(GetAsyncK... (by cire)
by awolfe
Unable to Import C++ Function in C# using Digital Mars compiler but not using VS 2012

The following simple C++ program is compiled using Digital Mars (v 8.57) and also using Visual Studio 2012 Empty C++ project type (build target 86). When I try ...
[2 replies] Last: Does it crash for any function or just certain ones? Are you importing... (by Computergeek01)
C++ Printer Mapping

Sorry for the basic question, but I don't usually program for Windows. I can't seem to find an answer to this myself. Is there any way to map printers in a C++ ...
[1 reply] : Geesh, that's a command I haven't seen in a LONG time. The modern way ... (by Computergeek01)
Whats the meaning of hardware dependence for GLFW?

I've seen in the tutorial of glfw that it is a hardware dependent API. Would my graphics card suppord this API? Graphics Card: *Asus AMD Redon. *HD 5450 Si...
[2 replies] Last: Thanku (by abtahi tajwar)
by V07
How to disable some features?

Hi, First of all Thank you for all who has helped me previously, I have a main menu which consists of minimize,maximize and close button. My question i...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you freddie1 (by V07)
Freeglut or GLFW?

I have seen two things in opengl. 1. Freeglut 2. GLFW Which one should I start learning for game programming. From where would I found a good book for...
[13 replies] Last: Are you guyz meaning GLFW? When I search about modern opengl in google... (by abtahi tajwar)
by evaboy
C, Win32 API: l need help getting user input

Hi friends, Please am creating application and l want to get user input and checking if the user input buffer is empty or not. Code snippet below; TCHAR userN...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks freddie1, thomas1965 and everyone here. (by evaboy)
How to change button appearance in win32 program?

am using codeblock 13:12 and Windows 7 . I tried to change the look of the buttons appearance and from http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/48611/ i tried th...
[4 replies] Last: that didn't help. (by Muzibur Rahman)
January 2016 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [dec2015] [feb2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.