Windows Programming - January 2016 (Page 3)

a dll export potential error?

I exported an dll of a class inherited from std::string. I used it in another project, but there is a compilation error " Error 5 error LNK2005: "public: __c...
[1 reply] : The problem is that you need to use dllimport in your other project.... (by coder777)
Converting [SHIFT] + [NUM] to punctuation mark

I'm using SetWindowsHookEx and WH_KEYBOARD_LL to capture keyboard input. I have my code running fine, and it's able to capture alphanumeric characters, and p...
[1 reply] : Not to worry, solved it. BYTE keyState = {0}; bool keyStateResult ... (by CoderJames)
by Hex213
Folder in folder

Please, Can to find out whether in the folder is another folder or hidden files? And to find out his name and find out files name in him? With using win32.
[1 reply] : _findfirst is what you want. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/... (by Thomas1965)
Loop runs just once

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char character; int it; if (character == 'b'){ for( it = 9; it > 1 ; it-- ); ...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/182433/ I answered it here... ... (by lowarago)
Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll

I have two HP laptops run 64-bit Win 7. Formerly, apps that I built under VS 2010 Express would run on other 32-bit and 64-bit PC's running XP, Win 7 Home edit...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=rwhoech]an internet search for VCRUNTIME140.dll came up empty. ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Do i have to use pointers to transfer values?

Do i have to use pointers to transfer values? from character to input. -> line 13 and 19. Also how can i output at variable called input from last to the first,...
[2 replies] Last: I don't know is this what are you trying to achieve ? If you want to... (by lowarago)
by evaboy
Help: Dialog not working

l want to make a program using MSVC++ 2010. The code compiles and the code before the dialog procedure works but the dialog doesn't pop up. However if l take th...
[1 reply] : l just got an answer which is to add L to the strings in the resource ... (by evaboy)
by Kande
configure the TCP retrasmission time interval of lost packets

I want to configure the TCP re transmission time interval of lost packets. Currently when I have lost packets then every lost packets gets re-transmitted in ...
[1 reply] : You need to reduce the time that interval of lost re-transmitted packe... (by andrewllewop)
Installing SDL with Visual Studio

Hi i just installed Visual Studio and tried everything to install SDL library as i watched a video tutorial on youtube from MakingGameswithBen. I copied evertyh...
[11 replies] Last: @leardfalziu: whenever using the include header for files that you hav... (by andrewllewop)
School assignement (Addition in all possibilites)

Hello, I have an assignement and I cant figure it out how to do it. In my head I only get infinite loops... Assignement : User inputs number m and I need to ...
[5 replies] Last: My Variables : ---- f - First number (10) s - Second number (15) ... (by lowarago)
Cashier program

How to get the sum number from total column? For example first loop total=100, sum=100 second loop total=150, sum=250 third loop total=80, sum=330... #include...
[5 replies] Last: @Chervil thanks for #include <iomanip> i want to set precision aft... (by leardfazliu)
Lottery code won't stop!

#include<iostream> #include<string> #include<ctime> using namespace std; int main() { int num; srand(time(NULL)); num = rand() % 7 + 1; i...
[1 reply] : Highlight your code and on the right hand side you should see Format:... (by MattBess)
by evaboy
MSVC++2010 Resource Compiler Error

l wanted to create an app and l edited the .rc file but on compilation l got errors. And l need help getting my work compiled. Thanks Below is the RC content a...
[5 replies] Last: how did your reply to my post get posted ahead of it? curiouser and c... (by cire)
Connecting to MySQL DB

Hey all, I'm relatively new to connecting to DB. I was able to successfully accomplish this task but I have a few questions. Below is my code for connecting t...
[1 reply] : If you want to get the count of matching rows use "select count(*) fro... (by naraku9333)
by V07
A suggestion of book is needed

Hi everyone, I am a beginner in windows programming.Until now I have referred several documentations from various websites but I feel that it is qui...
[5 replies] Last: They are also quite old, but still useful. It seems Programming Wind... (by freddie1)
Code Review?

Hello, I'm pretty new to OOP. I created my first Windows Console Application today and I was wondering if you guys could tell me any big mistakes that I may hav...
[4 replies] Last: @cire, you are absolutely right. With Unicode settings it works. Th... (by Thomas1965)
Question about Windows Form

Hey all. I recently was learning how to hook up MySQL databases to a windows form application and I just had a few questions. Generally speaking, are windows ...
[13 replies] Last: Here is an article about C++/CLI as a first first class CLI language. ... (by Thomas1965)
localhost performance question

I wrote my own network TCP/IP send/receive benchmark utility, and I have results similar/consistent with iperf. One reason I wrote my own was to try to better...
[1 reply] : note, for iperf3 I used... server: iperf3 -p 2228 -s client: iperf3... (by voidstar)
Some help

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char character; int i, it; cin >> character; if ( character == 'c' ) { for( i = 1...
[1 reply] : You need an array in order to accomplish that. (by coder777)
About free glut

I am a code:blocks user in windows 7 64bit.. I have done following steps for seting up freeglut in code::blocks 1. Copied header files to the include folder of ...
[no replies]
January 2016 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [dec2015] [feb2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.