Windows Programming - January 2019

MingW linker-options / C::B

Hello everyone, i'm looking for a solution for the following problem for two days now. Even posting in C::B and wx-forum did not help... Enviornment: Wi...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. I thought, i had the right (several .a-files). But it wasn... (by artganseforth)
Threads in c++

I want to write c++ code for following problem. Use two threads to show two rotating bars at the two top corners of a screen. Basically each thread will be dri...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/multithreading/ But before you eve... (by salem c)
by slowmo
Cannot run cspice with g++

I wanted to run cspice via g++ on windows. It gives undefined reference errors for the functions defined through cspice. It runs properly in Linux. Can anyone s...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for the help. As for the last point can you elaborate further. (by slowmo)
What's wrong with the way I'm doing this?

I have MS Visual C++ Express 2008 installed on my computer. I have 2 options for linking to the VC++ 9.0 runtime. I can statically link it (embed it into the EX...
[6 replies] Last: I never had VS 2008 installed, only VS6, 2015 and 2017, but if it is l... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
RAD Studio 10.3 bcc32c and Boost

Since RAD Studio 10.3, no installations for the boost libraries are provided. Since even with the bcc32c the compatibility was not always really good in the p...
[no replies]
by Armine
What debugger can you recommend?

Hi! What debugger can you recommend? For Visual Studio 2017 and Windows 10 I would be grateful for any helpful advice.
[6 replies] Last: I am very impressed with the poteto's answer ! It's great. Thanks to ... (by Armine)
The registry APIs are providing erroneous results.

Why is the number of subkeys zero? #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #include <winreg.h> using namespace std; int main (int number_of_argu...
[2 replies] Last: One thing to keep in mind is that 64-bit Windows redirects some regist... (by helios)
by ayub69
'isupper': identifier not found

I am new to the form.h programming in VS 2016, but I just can't figure out why I have the above error when building the solution. The codes are: private: S...
[4 replies] Last: No, "in" would be a keyword of sorts. It's just part of the foreach sy... (by Ganado)
Interactive command shell using createprocess

Hello, I want to have a command prompt session using my program string ExecCmd( const char* cmd // command to execute ) { string strResult; ...
[no replies]
Operator overloading for multiplication of two different classes

Could you, please, help me with operator overloading for multiplication of two different class pointers? I'd like to program this operation like in MATLAB, with...
[2 replies] Last: class Vector { public: double* V; unsigned int Size; ... (by Ganado)
by GregJ7
How to put Win32-dependent code outside the main project?

I am writing a program that I want to be portable and want to separate the Win32-specific code out of the main project. My thought was to make a static .lib to ...
[2 replies] Last: I'm going to do this. Thanks. (by GregJ7)
Trying to link from a .dll file in Windows.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition. I amd using the 64 bit TDM compiler. I am using Dev-C++. I am trying to carry out the following command from the Dev...
[19 replies] Last: This is a tricky issue that I believe a lot of folks don't understand.... (by freddie1)
CMD Prompt with WIN32 APP

Hi, I need help with running CMD Prompt with WIN32 App program that I'm working on. I just want to use it for debugging. So it runs and opens up a Console bu...
[8 replies] Last: std::cout works with AllocConsole, it just needs a handle to it, not t... (by modoran)
Compile without main() method?

I am using the 64 bit TDM C++ compiler on 64 bit Windows 10 Home edition with great success. I am using Dev-C++ as my IDE. -If I want to compile my C++ clas...
[7 replies] Last: I think you need more knowledge about the fact that DLLs does not use ... (by modoran)
  Archived months: [dec2018] [feb2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.