Windows Programming - July 2015 (Page 2)

C++ Win32 keyboard hits counter project

Hello cplusplus community, I finished a project I was working on, Hitmon. Hitmon is a keyboard hits counter written in C++. Using WINAPI's hooks and windows ...
[no replies]
Why doesnt the main method work inside a class?

I'm new to c++,so i quite don't understand why the main method doesn't work inside the class.Will be grateful to the person who understands my problem and giv...
[1 reply] : main is the entry point into your program, it should not go in a cla... (by mutexe)
Profile Tile bitmap is damaged?

I'm trying to use the user's profile image -- which for testing is my own (custom) profile image. I remember setting it up -- I supplied a straight-forward png ...
[8 replies] Last: That's the problem I'm having with mine -- it is offset wrong. What it... (by Duthomhas)
C++ : win32 - how select a HFONT?

how can i select a HFONT to a HDC? void Font(CHOOSEFONT chft) { chFont=chft; } void DrawText(string strText,int PosX=0, int PosY=0) { ...
[14 replies] Last: see the image: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=C3EF456E15C8DEB6!1286&cid... (by Cambalinho)
MSDN Sample Program not Working

I am going through the MSDN's learn to program Windows tutorial. I have made it to the first sample program, but I can't compile it. I don't want to move on u...
[11 replies] Last: Sorry for the slow reply. Despite only being about half-way through t... (by firecannons)
by RaduV
How to generate XML documentation in VC++?

I wrote a class library that I would like to add XML documentation. I added the <summary> and <param> tags in the source files in my lib. They appear in intelli...
[1 reply] : Here's a rough example of what i'm trying to do, mydll.h class MYDLL... (by RaduV)
by RaduV
Can you set the combobox height after creation?

I mean the height of the dropdown list. I know you must set the height in the call to CreateWindowEx but I want to adjust the height later. Is that possible?
[7 replies] Last: Yep, I found it out too. I get exasperated when somebodty tells me so... (by freddie1)
by LASims
Visual C++ Reading Binary Files

First of all, I am a C programmer but am trying to write an application in Visual C++ in order to have the nice GUI. In my program I have to read the data in a...
[12 replies] Last: You can still use Visual Studio 2003 just fine. I sometimes use Visua... (by freddie1)
MFC Error Help

Hi, I have written an MFC dialog based application that is using completely separate header files and I am getting 3 errors that will not budge. error LNK11...
[3 replies] Last: You need to add Registry.cpp to your project. I take it it originally... (by kbw)
by AcarX
[Winsock2] Extra characters at the end of string

Hi guys. Straight to the point, here's a piece of my code: Client: char buffer ; for(unsigned i = 0; i < 32; i++) buffer = i + 64; send(socket, buff...
[3 replies] Last: I was just wondering if i could do that without having to extend/redu... (by coder777)
How does this serialport program work in C++

The program under question is here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.ports.serialport(v=vs.100).aspx?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=cpp#code-snippet-2...
[5 replies] Last: If you're from a C background and would rather avoid .NET you could us... (by andywestken)
MFC Dialog Based Application

Completely new to C++ and have been given a task that includes creating an application that uses CString data from a completely separate .h file. The CStrings...
[11 replies] Last: //Main.cpp #ifndef UNICODE #define UNICODE #endif #ifndef _UNICODE ... (by freddie1)
Changing Textbox from the cpp file

What I'm trying to do is change a textbox from the form1 from within the main '.cpp' file. Basically, I want the text field to change on load. (Later it will...
[1 reply] : BTW. I know I could update it from the form1 file but thats not what I... (by JenniferLostTheWar)
Is SDL a good option for developing a paint program?

Some years ago - many- I created a paint program on the Atari ST platform. The only reason I did so was because the two paint programs that existed (Neochrome ...
[3 replies] Last: Think I've found it here : http://docs.opencv.org/modules/imgproc/doc... (by shawnlau)
New to this

Hi guys, i've been using C++ for a bit now and i want to start making more useful programs. I saw someone making this program on youtube, but he did not explain...
[3 replies] Last: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa383751%28... (by Homberto)
Help for ANE

Hi all I'm a flash developer. in flash (air technology) we can use c++ native code for extends our API before adobe do this. this tutorial show everything: h...
[1 reply] : One question are you looking to query for all hardware information lik... (by vickoza)
Saving a Bitmap to the same filename it was loaded from

Hi, I am loading a Bitmap file and then changing the EXIF data in it and trying to save it back to the same filename, however this doesnt work. The Bitmap.s...
[3 replies] Last: are you including the following code: GetEncoderClsid(L"image/jpg", &... (by vickoza)
how do I inherit from a native C++ objects in different assemblies

I have a native class stored in a C++\cli project. I want to be able to inherit from the C++\cli project to another C++\cli project without including all of the...
[no replies]
by Gyiove
checking how much ram my program is currently using.

Hello everyone! I searched all over the internet and i found few functions but non of them worked like i would want. Here's code example: int main() { long ...
[4 replies] Last: The stackoverflow.com post Homberto pointed you at looks pretty exhaus... (by andywestken)
by Kalist
How to call a function within DLL?

This is what I have, what am I doing wrong? #include <windows.h> void test(){ MessageBox(0, "Function called", "Function", MB_OK); } BOOL APIENT...
[16 replies] Last: I have a solution in VS 2008 with 2 projects in it. One is a DLL writt... (by Jimmy09)
July 2015 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.