Windows Programming - June 2015 (Page 2)

Rand in visual studio

Alright so I've recently began writing a card game program that stores cards in an array. I shuffle the deck by grabbing two cards randomly within the deck and ...
[6 replies] Last: Can you eliminate the need for a global? Andy (by andywestken)
win32- how can i get the string rectangle for resize the control?

how can i get the string rectangle? i did with DrawText() with DT_CALRECT, but when the string is changed, the control size isn't correct :( can anyone advice...
[5 replies] Last: after some information and several tests i found the problem.. my prob... (by Cambalinho)
How exactly can you make bold text in a richedit control?

I have been trying for the past few hours trying to figure out why the text in my Richedit Window won't go Bold. I have tried a number of different combinations...
[5 replies] Last: PART 2 OF 2 //IDD_TEST DIALOGEX 0, 0, 174, 195 //STYLE DS_SETFONT | ... (by andywestken)
by mindoo
Winsock errors

Hey guys, I'm following a tutorial on msdn on how to make a client and server with winsock and I can't get it to work, could you guys please go check out my po...
[no replies]
by reald
Save data in .dat file

Hello I have this in my program SKIP; for(k = 0, pc_new = pc; k < 6; k++) { for(n = 0; n < header1.npart ; n++) { fread(&P .Pos , ...
[no replies]
How Message in Windows 7 shutdown interface output ?

Similar: Windows Update After the update is complete Output: "Please do not power off or unplug your machine. Installing update 12 of 15 ..." This k...
[no replies]
by stav
how to draw graphics / make a GUI ?

hi, so I just started learning c++ and I'm getting a bit tired of my console applications I want to make a GUI and draw graphics on to it. I already know a...
[2 replies] Last: also, iv never been a big fan of libraries or any kind of "pre-made-... (by freddie1)
Converting A File Into Bytes And Re Creating It

Hi there, I would like to take some files I have, a dll and a inf file, and convert them into a char array, binary. After I have done that I would like to put t...
[11 replies] Last: wow what I great forum, great answers on every question, help me a lot (by Marlena13)
calling WCF services from native C++

I'm having some trouble connecting to a WCF service from my MFC(VS2010) application and hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction again. T...
[no replies]
Use C++ Programming Implemented system hang ?

Is there any way to get windows 7 operation system to hang when shutting down or reboot the system Can perform other operations during this period For examp...
[no replies]
sending and receiving files using winsock

How to implement it properly? This is what i have so far Receiver else if(command == 'f'){ char read; std::string collector; //filename ...
[1 reply] : You never check the return codes of send/recv. How do you synchronise... (by kbw)
by t30
i need help .. exe file safe mode

Hello, I do not understand English well .. i need unpack safe mode exe file .. help plz .. i need resourcee edit .. http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/19/24/53/57/1...
[2 replies] Last: I want to change the resource form .. and resource edit program .. say... (by t30)
How can I make my application open a window that gives you access to all the directories on your computer?

I am currently working on a word processor and i want to make the option that lets users open and save files in any place of the hard drive. I want this "opt...
[3 replies] Last: You marked this as solved so I take it you figured it out? In case yo... (by ahcfan)
AVStream & Portcls user mode

I'm in the process of writing a user mode driver for audio streaming. So I'm trying to design my program and it seems like I need to communicate with PortCls.sy...
[no replies]
Why wont my function properly make a menu bar in my application?

I have been trying to create a menu bar in my windows application but the bar will not show, can anyone help me find whats wrong with my code? I'm sure i don't ...
[2 replies] Last: i wrote menu example while ago: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general... (by tath)
DirectX Application and Distribution

I'm developing an application in Visual C++ 2010 that uses DirectX 9 and I'd eventually like to distribute it. When I run the program on other computers (runnin...
[7 replies] Last: The problem with DirectX is very common. Especially when you install t... (by Grey000)
by mindoo
winsock error : 'stderr' was not declared in this scope

Hi everyone, I started following beej's guide to network proggraming (here : http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/output/html/multipage/index.html). In the intro sectio...
[9 replies] Last: Oh, found it ;-) (by mindoo)
User interface for console app

Hi guys, I have been working on converting my console application to windows application to implement userinterface. I have two questions based on two situatio...
[1 reply] : For the first one, you must missed some steps like settings the runtim... (by liuyang)
What kind of applications do you think a beginner like me should make?

I am writing my first windows based application and so far i only managed to put a soundtrack, some text in the client area, and a dialog box that prompts the u...
[4 replies] Last: Maybe something like a media player, to better familiarize yourself wi... (by ahcfan)
Everytime i try to use the API function "PlaySound" I get this compiler error..

Compiler error "Undefined reference to PlaySoundA@12", i thought this function was included in the header <windows.h>? or is it included in another library? an...
[2 replies] Last: ... i figured it out... Did you (eventually) check the MSDN entry fo... (by andywestken)
June 2015 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [may2015] [jul2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.