Beginners - December 2017 (Page 11)

confusing prime factorization code, please help :(

Hi there! I was hoping for some help with this code for my school c++ class. We have to create a program that displays the prime factors of a number input by th...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both a bunches:) I was able to work it out! (by cppnewbie13)
Airplane seating Functions

Hello, In the function Reserve, it should automatically update the seating chart text file with an X, when the user enters a seat they would like to reserve. A...
[1 reply] : You've ignored much of the advice given in your previous thread. Igno... (by AbstractionAnon)
Airplane seating reservation

Hello, This is my code for reserving an airplane seat. Im having trouble writing the cancel a reservation function -(Cancel Reservation): The program calls...
[3 replies] Last: All the statistics can be determine by examining the seatChart array. ... (by AbstractionAnon)
catching a pokemon

So i'm writing this code for a class of mine but i'm having trouble understanding the boolean expression and whether its coming out "true" or "false". In additi...
[3 replies] Last: got it, thanks for the heads up on that rule, guess I overlooked it. (by edubya91)
user input bug

So technically the program works fine, but i'm trying to figure out a way to limit the amount of characters a user can input for my cin. If i put in multiple y'...
[1 reply] : Here's a compilable version that does what you want #include <iostre... (by Ganado)
Outputting a square wave as raw data

So I've very recently started learning C++ and am using it for audio programming. Up until now it's been relatively error free. I'm trying to export a raw data ...
[4 replies] Last: And also thanks jib, I have created a square wave that holds +1 and -... (by minituffy)
by CuRSeD
Moving character in matrixes made by pointer

Hi, I tried to create console game in my first attempt, i maked a 2d array in main and controlled a character with GetAsyncKeyState, then I asked some people...
[4 replies] Last: the problem is not x,y I tried any direction and tried only the MapDat... (by CuRSeD)
by CuRSeD
Moving character in matrixes made by pointer

Hi, I tried to create console game in my first attempt, i maked a 2d array in main and controlled a character with GetAsyncKeyState, then I asked some people...
[1 reply] : What is this line supposed to do? l1.Map(4, 4) = mymap; Hints: #i... (by Enoizat)
Error on matching operands

Just finishing a Menu project but when trying to add a convert from decimal to base, I receive this Error on line 142: E0349 no operator "<" matches these o...
[6 replies] Last: Worked! Thanks ne555!! (by vacisneros)
by cash
creating a int 2-d array that holds characters

How would i create a 2d int array that hold these char symbols? a 2D int array that would hold char symbols: '.' for clear water 'S' for submarines (...
[5 replies] Last: I looked them up in an ASCII table. I wrote the values in the program ... (by whitenite1)
Node templates with multiple types

Say I have this block of code template <class type> class Node{ private: type item; type thing; Node<type> *next; public: type GetNe...
[2 replies] Last: Do you mean function like 'getters' and 'setters'? Something like this... (by Enoizat)
by Theirv
Help with prime read algorithm while statement

I'm looking for some help on how to add a prime read algorithm while statement to my code to allow many customers to be able to put their names in to calculate ...
[1 reply] : It's not horrible, but it doesn't compile. Hints: // I'm looking fo... (by Enoizat)
fstream file location

I know how to create, write, and read form an fstream file on c++ but I don't know how to actually open that file and look at it besides on Xcode. I've seen vid...
[1 reply] : Could you please clarify your problem? Can't you use a software like T... (by Enoizat)
My First C++ Project

Hello! I want to create a Random Password Generator for my school C++ Project. i am through with the programming concepts, but i have no idea on how to struct...
[2 replies] Last: tag (by SamuelAdams)
by Thurgo
Having trouble with arrays/ functions

Trying to use an array and find perfect numbers in it. I have code I wrote using input value but I have no idea where to start to use an array. Array should be ...
[1 reply] : What should be store in this array? Generally an array looks like thi... (by coder777)
no instance of function template "std::make_pair" matches the argument list

When i run the code i get the following errors: Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error (active) E0304 no instance of function t...
[4 replies] Last: Note that nowadays you can often be less verbose by using {} -initial... (by Peter87)
Stars pyramid

So I'm having trouble with this program. I have to print all the variations (check the image: https://gyazo.com/c28fec509d5647d8f179a55c29ac4d91 ). I've complet...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; void draw( int rows, int ty... (by lastchance)
error C2061 - how to fix it?

my error: "error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'BieuThucHang' " How to fix it // XuatChuoiBTHang.h #pragma once #include "BieuThuc.h" #include "BieuThuc...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you JLBorges, i got it. Now, my code run well. (by irisemars)
by leorio
Confusion involving a while loop

So I'm having trouble grasping what the while loop is doing in this function. The output is supposed to be: d_mey _cdomefa_e. I realize that the function is ori...
[1 reply] : Best to start from your last question first. str.find(s,p) looks for... (by lastchance)
ASAP!!!Airplane seating help !!!C++

I just need help in making a "*" change into a "X" when I enter the row and column numbers. I can't use <window.h> due to me having a Mac PLEASE HELP! MY COD...
[1 reply] : Something like this, perhaps: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip>... (by JLBorges)
December 2017 Pages: 1... 910111213... 23
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.