Beginners - December 2017 (Page 9)

I need help ... hours of frustration

I need help with a program that will produce an output like this ... * ** *** **** ***** **** *** ** * PLZ HELP ME
[9 replies] Last: Like I said, the first for-loop handles the number of rows while the i... (by Uk Marine)
doing tricky function overloading, please help! thank you

Hi there! I'm having a tad bit of trouble with my function overloading code. My code has three different functions: 1) defines the user's symbol, 2) determines ...
[1 reply] : The i defined on line 49 does not exist on line 55. (by cire)
I need the products of all ODD numbers under a user - inputted number. PLZ HELP

Here is what I have so far: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include "cstdlib" using namespace std; int main() { double num, x, y; co...
[4 replies] Last: Ex. 30 (1*3*5*7*9*11*13*15*17*19*21*23*25*27*29) That does not prod... (by SamuelAdams)
Problem with classes and constructor

I'm trying to write a program that will use a class convert Roman numerals to a decimal integer, but I can't figure out how to get my final number from the cons...
[6 replies] Last: I feel pretty dumb, but romanArray wasn't altering decInteger because ... (by noobienoobienoobnoob)
qtcreator command not found

Hi, I am using macOS, very long time ago I install qtcreator. But I think I forgot to do something, so when I type qtcreator CMakeLists.txt, bash will tell me ...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, it is because of the space, but after I add the PATH, i found out... (by waschbaer)
bash profile

Hi, I have an urgent issue here. After I modify the bash_profile, many command like vim,cp,open...can not found anymore. How could I fix my bash_profile? Tha...
[3 replies] Last: Type folloing in the terminal to reset the PATH: export PATH=/bin:/us... (by waschbaer)
by chuvak
Does this do what I think it does?

Say I have the code, Class::Class(double value1, double value2, double value3) { if (value1 && value2 && value3) { //do stuff...
[3 replies] Last: You're grossly mixing bools with numbers. It is well-defined, but it m... (by Ganado)
by cash
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a battleship program, all im asking for is how to create the board. This is how my professor wants it https://www.pdf.in...
[4 replies] Last: Your professor refers to a 2D array that contains char. Please note ... (by keskiverto)
I am new here

Hello To all , i am new here and dont know how to start learning c++ language, i know this post will be ridiculous to guys, but what can else i do :(,Kindly giv...
[2 replies] Last: IMO the best way to learn a programming language is to get a book, stu... (by Thomas1965)
2D Arrays, and how to pull the Highest number, Lowest Number, and Average from one Column within them?

Hello! This is my first time posting, so please excuse any missteps in etiquette. Today I come to you with a problem that I just can't seem to wrap my head ...
[3 replies] Last: Your getExamAvgMinMaxGrade doesn't look right. In readStuGrades and pr... (by Thomas1965)
Question about assigning/copying strings

C++ Community, Real quick BASIC question==> With the arrival of the various latest editions of C++ (such as C++11 and C++14 etc.).... Is it VALID and acc...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you Repeater. I appreciate your insight and will consider this ... (by Xanadu4ever)
Correct way to access a struct in a class?

Hello everyone, what is the correct method to access a struct in a class? Assuming i have a class student that have a struct, as follow: Class S...
[10 replies] Last: You could add a function changeDescription(const string& oldVal, const... (by Thomas1965)
PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM

The file data_sales_cs.txt contains annual salary and quarterly sales data (separated by commas) for the employees of Acme Inc. The data is in the following for...
[1 reply] : Please note that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homewor... (by keskiverto)
Get current date and time ?

How can i make the console return the exact date and time from the system ?
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <ctime> using namespa... (by lastchance)
Array/Reversing Arrays

This program is supposed to have the user enter in 15 values, put them into an array, and then reverse that array. The output is putting a zero in the fourteent...
[1 reply] : The problem in your code is in the loop of backwards() function. The i... (by nick2361)
Why operator>> of istream class have return type of reference?

Sorry for my bad English. I'm stdying the overloading of "<<" operator. so I must use istream/ostream class to override. But I don't understand why the...
[2 replies] Last: Parameter type of reference: a) When passing by value, the paramete... (by Chervil)
I dont understand for statements

I need help making for statements. I just wanted to mess around and make a program where you would enter a number and a for statement would produce something li...
[3 replies] Last: Thank You! (by LilXeno)
by chuvak
Returning object of ClassAAA in function from ClassBBB

Is it possible to do something along the lines of, const ClassBBB& operator*(const ClassAAA& first, const ClassBBB& second) { if (condition) { ...
[4 replies] Last: Ah, I understand now. Basically what you're saying is to declare c... (by chuvak)
Program will not retrieve file

I'm working on a hotel management program, I'm very new to this and i'm ready to throw this comp across the room. It keeps telling me Dead.cpp: In function ...
[6 replies] Last: Line 67: You're not calling fillRoom correctly. You're try to pass a... (by AbstractionAnon)
if else statement logic not working

Im reading diving into c++ by alex alain. The challenge is to do an if else statement that prints out the differences in two users ages and prints a "not allowe...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, maybe something like this? #include <iostream> int main() { i... (by Uk Marine)
December 2017 Pages: 1... 7891011... 23
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.