Beginners - December 2019 (Page 6)

by momof4
reading from a file

so, I'm writing a sudoku program, reading numbers from a file to pupulate my array board . I had it working just fine, but then I was asked what would happen i...
[7 replies] Last: Hello momof4, After some testing I found this to work: for (int col ... (by Handy Andy)
How to get the external library (PDAL) running?

Hello, having problems setting up a console program using the external library pdal (www.pdal.io) What I did: New Project, Hello-World main, which runs....
[4 replies] Last: Ah, ja, I can do that, and I did, with the same result as in adding th... (by Rick CXX)
creating a vector that contains a string and two int

Hi yall, So for a practice test, there is a problem that states: Assume that a vector of Coaster Objects has already been declared and filled with Coaster obje...
[3 replies] Last: If the file contains superman 90 20 Then you can simply do: ifst... (by Ganado)
Function of the Max and Min elements of an Array proble

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to the whole c++ deal and I would like to know what is the problem with this code. The reading and writing function of the arra...
[3 replies] Last: I'm pretty sure the system("pause") isn't really causing the problem ... (by Repeater)
Modify decimal part only !

this program should read numbers continuously until -9999 is entered it should display int part,dec part, sign for each number entered; I used X= as my inpu...
[6 replies] Last: Even i lately read this but thanks to you all (by Reem Alnuaimi)
Why is there a >>> op

What is the difference between >> and >>> ? I’v heard they are the 'right shift' op and the 'shift right zero fill' op, but I don’t get it. Shouldn’t t...
[10 replies] Last: We should make it very clear that in C++ (and C) right-shifts should p... (by jonnin)
ALT key

Hello! So I am trying to get this function to work by using the 'ALT' key instead of 'a'. I've tried several things and nothings worked, ay one know how to do t...
[1 reply] : IIRC, glut does not offer this functionality. You will need the GLFW s... (by Duthomhas)
Homework!!

hey guys! need some help writing a program involving storing array values using functions. I'm pretty lost about it and it's due in about an hour and a half...
[1 reply] : Homework is for you to write code so you learn from the experience. W... (by George P)
Expression must be a modifiable value

I am creating a 2d vector "grid" in which a multiplication table is printed out. Does anyone under stand why I am getting "expression must be a modifiable valu...
[1 reply] : push_back takes the value to be pushed at the end of the container. Y... (by kbw)
by momof4
segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm making a program to solve sudokus. I'm trying to make an multidimensional array to hold the row, column, and 0s and 1s to indicate if certain values are pos...
[2 replies] Last: boy do I feel like an idiot, thanks! (by momof4)
copy data from one object to another object

For example I want to copy p1's name to p2's name and when I run "p2.write();" the result should be the same as "p1.write()"; How can I do and where can...
[7 replies] Last: thank you all (by logarech)
Any Hint How I Solve This....

Write a C++ program to define a class Metro with the following specifications :  Metro No  Metro Name  No of Seats  Starting point  Destination W...
[9 replies] Last: I suggest reading the assignment: Write a menu driven program by usin... (by Enoizat)
by Brail
Best Flushing Toilet Review 2020 [Most Popular 15 Toilets list]

Are you the type of person that gets disgusted easily when you have to tidy up the inside of your toilet bowl because it does not flush strongly enough? Ther...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks Andy, it works now. (by Brail)
question about send folder

Hello, I want to get multiple images from a folder on the server. And then Send to my friend with a certain fps. Can you show me how to do this? Thanks for your...
[2 replies] Last: frames per sec. hes trying to do video via images from the sound of i... (by jonnin)
friend class problem

Hi, i can't type y.note in ***** section. How can I do this with friend class? #include <iostream> using namespace std; class classroom { private: int not...
[4 replies] Last: oh thanks (by logarech)
Dijkstras explanation needed

Hello, I've been trying to understand dijkstras algorithm, but I'm stuck. Could someone explain this part to me? Thanks. Here's the whole code. #include <ios...
[2 replies] Last: If you want to understand an algorithm it's usually easier to read som... (by Peter87)
Having issues reading in a string.

What am I missing? When I try to read in my string with a getline there's an error. If I just try "cin >> question;", it skips the rest of my program and doe...
[2 replies] Last: Mixing >> and getline often leads to problems. I usually recommend one... (by Peter87)
Infix to Postfix Algorithm

Write your question here. I am trying to write an algorithm using stacks that converts an infix expression into a postfix expression(ex (6 + 13) * 2 – (5 + 1)...
[2 replies] Last: Replace ns += st.top(); with ns += ' '; ns += st.top(); ns ++ ' '; ... (by dhayden)
Searching a Strucutre Array

Hello, I'm having trouble with returning a matching value from a function that is passed a structure array and a value to be matched. I have tried various combi...
[4 replies] Last: I've got her running great now, thank you sir! (by Snickelfritz)
Quiz in c++

I have to make a quiz in c++ and my teacher said that i must do it by a text file. He told me to put the questions with the answers in the same file or a differ...
[1 reply] : design before you code! first, lets design that text file. something... (by jonnin)
December 2019 Pages: 1... 45678... 13
  Archived months: [nov2019] [jan2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.