Beginners - January 2015 (Page 4)

by chip x
C++ uint16_t color

Hello, I do not understand this: uint16_t color or uint8_t value . What is "_t"? The parameter "color" is no comma separated? Thank You
[3 replies] Last: Yes, color is a variable. What are you confused about? The sentenc... (by AbstractionAnon)
explanation

i was reading this section and have a question http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/functions2/ // template arguments #include <iostream> using nam...
[2 replies] Last: A non-type template argument of an integral type must be a constant e... (by JLBorges)
by Dkob1
Area / Perimeter of triangle

I don't get why area is not working? #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { //initialize ...
[6 replies] Last: I thought it would change automatically after I made p= (a+b+c)/2 N... (by dhayden)
logic explanation requested.

can someone please explain how "x" is equal to "2" int a, b; a=2; b=3; float x; int main() { x = (float)((a+b)/2); std:cout << x; } ...
[4 replies] Last: thank you. (by wanderwizard)
endl

So I'm trying to complete this for an assignment. I need to print a pyramid of stars using 2 ways: the first with 4 cout statements; and the second with only ...
[5 replies] Last: You can use the new line character '\n' instead of endl. \n doesn't fl... (by HatchetMan302)
fibonacci sequence help

Hey guys, I'm writing some code to output a fib sequence up to a certain term. My problem is that it adds one more to the sequence.. ex if i enter 9 terms it re...
[3 replies] Last: @dhayden Thanks for the reply, i understand it now. (by CpluspProgrammer)
Read Word file into String Array

Hello, working on a school project and asking for sanity check of my code. I have a word file single column of 3 characters each that I have to read into a stri...
[3 replies] Last: You need to pass in the wordsArray as a parameter. If it's a local var... (by dhayden)
array of pointers confusion

The purpose of the code is to practise on an array of pointers. I want to see this output: touch the surface I would like to receive some corrections to ...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry, I can't help myself: You're using <iostream> and namespace std... (by tipaye)
C++ Craps game

I have gotten this far with my program (to make a working craps game with two randomly generated dies), but at the moment I am at a stand still because as soon ...
[2 replies] Last: also lines 27, 28, 42 and 43 have no effect If you really want the us... (by tipaye)
by Dkob1
Basic operators question - simple

I'm not sure but I think some of these are wrong but need someone to check thanks. int a=3, b=5, x; x= a/b + b/a +a%b + b%a; cout << x; // x=0+1+0+1...
[1 reply] : Why don't you just test it? Anyway: errors in first two lines: 1) 3 ... (by MiiNiPaa)
While loop for adding numbers infinitely

Write a program that will read in a list of numbers and print the sum of the numbers and the average. (Note: your program must work no matter how many numbers a...
[8 replies] Last: Perhaps I'm missing something. When you wrote a static_cast is most c... (by dhayden)
by Dkob1
Math Basic question C++

Would this print out a+C+5 ? cout << int('a')+int('C')+int('5'); int x=17, y=15; cout << x+y/4; // =20 cout << x%3+4; // =...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <type_traits> int main() { static_a... (by JLBorges)
Why should i use this??

Hello, I'm wondering what the benefits of iterators are? //stl style iterator QString::const_iterator i; for (i = str.constBegin();i != str.con...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/131241/why-use-iterators-instead-of... (by mutexe)
Create <MyLibrary> instead of "MyLibrary.h"

Hi, as u all see by looking at this title i want to create library like <iostream> <cstdlib> instead of "my_project.h" so i wouldn't always have to make ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for reply man, i will check this out :) (by etrusks)
[answered] Checking value of several slots in array with Switch statement?

I am new to C++ and I am trying to put together a little tic tac toe game. I have it figured out except for validating whether there is a winner. I have 9 slot...
[3 replies] Last: For any other beginners who may be interested in seeing what my "final... (by namethief)
CUDA programming c++

Hi everyone I mean to implement my c++ codes with CUDA, I have windows 8 and vs2013 installed on my machine.is there any step by step tutorial to help me with ...
[no replies]
Cin.width Problem?

Cin.width is not limiting the number of characters read from a string. Any explanation why it isn't working? I want to take the users name, but only store the f...
[3 replies] Last: cin.width is not compatible with strings, only cstrings Wrong. JLBor... (by MiiNiPaa)
Compare Two Arrays

I'm trying to make a program where two arrays with 10 digits each are compared to one another. The program will then print out the number of matches. So far my ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. That did give me the number of matches , but now I would l... (by iByakuya)
by Sh0es
Overloading the << Operator.

I'm struggling to get my code to compile, but I currently have only one error in my innermost class. #include <iostream> template <class T> class ArrayList ...
[5 replies] Last: In answer to your question, @Sh0es, we probably need to see at least t... (by TwilightSpectre)
User Defined Functions

In my class I am supposed to write a program with user defined constants and user defined functions. We are given tuition cost of $50 per credit hour and a one ...
[4 replies] Last: Edit: Nevermind I figured it out! Thanks again Pin! (by iByakuya)
January 2015 Pages: 123456... 39
  Archived months: [dec2014] [feb2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.