Beginners - July 2015 (Page 2)

Cant convert float* to float in return.

I am making my first "Game" in c++. I ran into a problem already. Help pls? // War Card Game! (Build 15w30) // This is is a player vs. cpu simulatation. // T...
[1 reply] : Biggest problem I can see at a quick glance: You are declaring a C-st... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Skipped Iterator For Loop

My for loop is skipped when debugging, and even when I step-into I could not figure out why. Program requires you to add at least one person first. Thankyou. ...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, typo. I've consistently noticed that I too often assume that wher... (by mikel792)
Newbie here how do i do this

Writes a program that repeatedly ask the user to choose one of the choices: 1. Choice 1 : Convert Fahrenheit to Celsius using the formula : °F = °C x 9...
[5 replies] Last: I spent 2 days of trying something this is what i came up with, but i... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by fguy
Stringstreams

Greetings. Here is my input file... apples bananas dates bananas cherries figs cherries apples eggs dates eggs figs eggs apples bananas figs apples dates ...
[6 replies] Last: doh!!! In my latest failed attempt I used the search string "apple" w... (by fguy)
Setting limitations on variables

I'm having some trouble with setting limitations on variables. We were given this assignment: Design a program that: Allows a user to input two numbers. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much! Duoas that was super helpful. It's also working per... (by bradbeaubien)
Problem with class.

Facing problem with class ,I call the getdata function and then the putdata function but the name that I enter in the first time is always printed again and a...
[2 replies] Last: Line 29: gets copies up to to but not including the NL character. Th... (by jlb)
multiple file open for data logging

Hi Guys!, I have to save multiple intervals of an experiment into multiple files with same name with interval number attached to it.. How can I handle the...
[1 reply] : You're on the right track. The only thing you're missing is appending... (by AbstractionAnon)
Problem regarding calling a function multiple times in the same line

Hi guys :) I have a question regarding multiple function calls within the same line. #include<iostream> using namespace std; int check(); int a = 0; ...
[10 replies] Last: > the order may get changed the next time the program gets executed.... (by JLBorges)
by Filorn
fopen problem

Why this program doesn't open that file? #include<stdio.h> FILE *fp; int main(){ fp=fopen("verifica marchi lorenzo.txt", "r"); int fclose(FILE *fp);...
[1 reply] : http://linux.die.net/man/3/perror (by ne555)
Hi, need help, how can I ask for user imput?? Arrays

This is a sudoku game and I need to ask for user imput, I just need them to enter the first row/col. How can I do it? #include <iostream> using namespac...
[no replies]
Graphics.h displaying graphics with intermitences..

Hi .I;m new 'to graphics' in c++.That's why i start with graphics.h lib.Yet when i'm tryimg to display , for example a rectangle and move it in a loop , it keep...
[1 reply] : You are mixing WinAP with an ancient compiler. It isn't going to beh... (by Duthomhas)
by itgm
Comparing Data from TextFile.

I'm currently trying to program a code to run a login system. Which contains 1) Current Username 2) Current Password 3) New Username 5) New Password the...
[1 reply] : Line 41: line is initialized to " " at line 10. You then try to pars... (by AbstractionAnon)
by Lazlo
Heloo

I have I square and I want to determinate the intersection with another square How I do thest
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/170335/ Why start another thr... (by mutexe)
Looking tutorial sdl2, buscando tutorial sdl2

Do you know any tutorial on sdl2 and c++? Sabeis algún tutorial sobre sdl2 y c++.
[2 replies] Last: http://lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/index.php (by Peter87)
stack using vectors

Is it wrong to use vectors to build stack? I looked online and looks like most solutions have used list or user defined list structure. Is there any issue with ...
[3 replies] Last: > Is it wrong to use vectors to build stack? No. It is typically the ... (by JLBorges)
Return 0;

I understand that return 0 is used to show that the program completed successfully, but when I compile and run any program like a hello world program with it th...
[6 replies] Last: The shell stores the value returned by a process into a shell environm... (by keskiverto)
"THIS

Write your question here.
[no replies]
any idea how to Write the encoded string to a second file, such as coded.txt

Not sure if I'm right #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { char ch; string input; fstr...
[2 replies] Last: Please use these tags to separate your code: http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by Aim4Erudite)
Write a program to calculate students’ average test scores and their grades

My professor has me writing a program with the following instructions and I'm a little stuck mentally in getting the output to the screen and to a file. Any hel...
[6 replies] Last: When I run your program with the data given I get results, but there i... (by dhayden)
by mykds
Problem with Console resizeing

Hey there, I've got a problem with the following code. void set_console() { //Define size short hight = 10; short width = 10; HANDLE hCon = GetStdHan...
[6 replies] Last: Possibly your project was missing a setting to include the folder that... (by kevinkjt2000)
July 2015 Pages: 1234... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.