Beginners - July 2015 (Page 4)

Errors I'm unable to recognize

The program reads IDs and scores for a test and then outputs the ID, score, points based on score, and the grade. I'm getting all kinds of different errors, suc...
[1 reply] : > I'm getting all kinds of different errors ¿why bother to actually w... (by ne555)
Undefined reference to 'function()'

Hi, I am beginner in C++ and am using Code::blocks. I have surfed the web and wanted to test a simple code. The code consists of a main.cpp, PrintTest.cpp, a...
[2 replies] Last: There is no problem with multiple declaration. Your didn't configure... (by ne555)
template classes multiple definitions

Hello guys, So I was wondering where to put what when defining a template. As when the compiler instantiates a template the definition has to be present. It ...
[4 replies] Last: Okay that clears it all up, just read up on explicit instantiation and... (by ChajusSaib)
Modulo Fibonacci finding Cycle in a vector

I have a vector with modulo fibonacci sequence this sequence has a cycle of what I think is a random number. If I take Fibonacci modulo 2 i get: 0, 1, 1, 0, ...
[1 reply] : What you have just seen is me being very very stupid, I WAS USING A CH... (by ctrlbadgerxl)
Classes

Hi guys, I am bit confused when it comes to classes.I can create a public function so I can call it from anywhere inside my program. Why would I create a pri...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your answer , it makes more sense now. (by LifeFiber)
by Filorn
typedef enum

How i can print an element from the enum giorni at the line 15? #include<stdio.h> int n; typedef enum { Lunedi, Martedi, Mercoledi, Giovedi, Venerd...
[14 replies] Last: if the user writes 1, the program answers "lunedi" (the first element... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Unresolved externals

Hi, I'm trying to write a program that has a Date class and a Julian class and converts the date to Julian but when I try to run it I keep getting an error that...
[3 replies] Last: You need to define the Date constructor Date::Date(int m, int d, long... (by dhayden)
Where do I get it?

Hi i'm really new to this whole thing. I was wondering where do I download c++
[1 reply] : See: https://isocpp.org/get-started Note: The page has not been updat... (by JLBorges)
Lyric search program question

I have to create a program that reads a file with song lyrics and allows user to search for songs containing certain words. - Reads the file lyrics.dat - Need...
[7 replies] Last: It seems you are getting a good grasp on C++. Keep on keepin' on! Go... (by koothkeeper)
shared pointer from raw pointer

Hello forum, I have a class member function that returns the whole object as follows: A B::doIt() {} I want to create a shared pointer from the...
[10 replies] Last: > I guess the pointers are copied there and dynamically allocated memo... (by JLBorges)
I cannot properly call the functions

Hello. I tried to make a sort of a menu that accesses different smaller programs by calling functions (each menu option accesses a function). The problem is tha...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you guys! Your magic solved my problem! (by oakiboaki)
Why can't I make this 6x6 square?

Below is the code. I can't seem to get that column of "F"s on column 4 to column 6 to make it into a 6x6 square.. Any help is appreciated. #include <io...
[4 replies] Last: Or you can use Square as a class. #include <iostream> class Square... (by jrosario)
by Lazlo
class

I want to crate a square class
[16 replies] Last: Public forum posts do not help only the one that did ask a question, b... (by keskiverto)
Suggestions please!!! (for beginners game of War)

[2 replies] Last: You can have a structure that stores the state of the game. Then you ... (by htirwin)
by Filorn
typedef ignored

At the line 10: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]. Why is the typedef ignored??? #include<stdio.h> typedef enum giorni{ ...
[11 replies] Last: Why are you trying to call your enum instance as if it were a functio... (by keskiverto)
Invalid Operand?

I'm working on this code which "Tells your future" and despite my best efforts I cannot seem to fix this: 6_2.cpp: In function âvoid tellFortune(double, dou...
[9 replies] Last: Any luck? (by Aim4Erudite)
strange behavior in throw, catch expressions ?

when throw is used to throw object and catch gets it by reference (&) this supposes to create the object directly in the catch, i made 2 codes which somehow des...
[5 replies] Last: why is it important in this context ? (by mohamedeltair)
Menu Based Function Calling

I don't really know how to connect my functions to user response, also, my menu isn't popping up. If anything else strikes the eye please tell me.. Doesn't say ...
[3 replies] Last: i managed to fix it (by nanor00)
Help with input and output

For a Beginner C++ course, I have this assignment: Write a program that will read the payroll file. It should output the name and paycheck amount to the cons...
[7 replies] Last: My bad. The file I downloaded originally was corrupted. I fixed it. (by DanteWylde)
Function Calling Trouble

Hi, I'm having some issues understanding these errors, could someone please explain why I'm getting them/ how to fix? Thank you, it's greatly appreciated erro...
[2 replies] Last: Yep, that'll do it. Plus semicolons and other stuff but i already have... (by nanor00)
July 2015 Pages: 123456... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.