Beginners - July 2016 (Page 29)

Numbers from 1 to 1000, X per Line

Write a program which asks the user for a number X, and then outputs the numbers from 1 to 1000 , showing X numbers per line. Use an integer for X, and vali...
[16 replies] Last: There are two hard parts to this problem: validating the input and pri... (by dhayden)
by FBHSIE
Does everything look alright? (Cel and fah table)

Did I make any mistakes? (Ignore the excessive use of comments it's required by my professor) Should I make 0.0 a named constant? //Ashton Dreiling //Celsiu...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you! (by FBHSIE)
Dynamic Arrays

Doing something wrong when storing numbers in dynamic array. I need to be able to store these numbers in the array and then find average. It works fine for no...
[1 reply] : use code tags (by leryss22)
by fox102
hello i am getting two errors.

hey guys i need some help with this code. i am getting two errors. They are both the same saying source file cannot open Account.h. I know this is probably some...
[14 replies] Last: i understand a little, but still a little confused. (by fox102)
by x1ionu
Indirectly setting a variable to a decimal

I wrote a script in Lua to calculate pi using an infinite equation (which worked), but when I wrote a very similar script in C++, it broke. When I divide 1 b...
[3 replies] Last: You could also "tighten up" your code on lines 13(?)-15 with different... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by looky
wchart

hi I am getting 30 errors when entering this code into code blocks, and the utf is having to be changed, what is utf ? why is this happening ? as always many ma...
[2 replies] Last: 你好 the full form of utf is Unicode Transformation Format (by shadder)
Decimals not going to the right place

Hello, I am writing a program to convert dollars to various currencies. Everything is working, except the final answer is not formatting correctly. The ans...
[2 replies] Last: Im pretty sure the computed value is correct. I just converted 100 buc... (by CoffeePoweredComputers)
Visual Studio

I downloaded Visual Studio 15 plus 3 updates, 1, 2, and 3, but I cannot find the icon. any suggestion or advise? I read it may be in the parent directory
[2 replies] Last: in start menu the Visual Studio files are there; but I am missing what... (by codetojoy)
Tic tac toe-issue

Hello, happy to join this group of people. Have learned a bit from this website about C++. Anyway I have encountered a issue regarding a tic tac toe-game. The g...
[5 replies] Last: Here I uploaded a picture to imgur to illustrate what the problem is. ... (by suckAtCPlusPlus)
variable's name address

Ladies, Gentlemen, Please let me introduce myself. I'm someone just learning c++. Am Greek living in France homeless and forced to travel from town to town, a...
[6 replies] Last: Dear Gentlemen, Please let me express my many thanks for your replie... (by chretienorthodox)
Polymorphism and Base Classes

I'm actually going to try and leave this code free, for your benefit, because both headers have roughly 50+ lines each. Not that I'm trying to insult your abili...
[1 reply] : Also, if you INSIST on seeing the code (and I haven't been forthright ... (by Yawzheek)
Solving whole equations

I'm doing a calculator program that I would like to be able to just take the whole problem someone needs solved (i.e. 5+6) instead of having to enter the number...
[2 replies] Last: Obtaining input as a std::string is a good idea. The next thing to d... (by Duthomhas)
problem with std::cin

hi, I'm new in this forum. I'm doing a little program that print on the screen a life bar(with ascii code) and name of 4 moves that user can choose. swit...
[3 replies] Last: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=c%2B%2B+ubuntu+keyboard+interrupt (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Seg faults and bad access error with dynamically allocated array of pointers

I don't understand why I'm receiving seg faults and bad access errors with this program. Specs are to use a dynamically allocated array of pointers. Program fun...
[1 reply] : Lines 23 and 36 result in a memory leak. There is no way to recover t... (by cire)
by jtm013
Loops

Not sure where to start with this assignment... For this lab, create a c++ source file named lab5.cpp. Add your documentation header to the file. The followi...
[6 replies] Last: @jtm013, From the "Welcome -- read before posting!" sticky announceme... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Searching a 2D (15x15) array

The code is supposed to use the pseudo random number generating algorithm, via an external function, to produce a random number from 0 999 and store it into an ...
[4 replies] Last: Just set max = the first element once it has been generated and work ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
CSV importing and converting to intergers

Hello Everyone! I'm a beginner in c++ and i'm trying to import a csv file and use the data it has to perform some operations. The file in question is fairly lar...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you @jlb that did the trick! (by BMW330i)
Card Game

Recently I have this assignment where I have create "Crazy Eight" program. These are the requirements: In this assignment, you will be playing with other 3...
[3 replies] Last: This is what I made of that, is this alright? #include <iostream> #i... (by CelestialX)
Confusion about File IO and Visual Studio 2015

Hey guys RPA here, with yet another question. So I was using Visual Studio 2015 (Community) to code a console app that uses File I/O. I was working fine with th...
[3 replies] Last: Your problem is not specific to VS 2015 Community. Failing to specify... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
[HELP]Simple Roulette program

If I run this roulette code (it is inspired by that csgo500 site) on phone, everything works fine, but if i do try it at PC , the maximum generated number is so...
[2 replies] Last: Try displaying RAND_MAX. [code firstline=28] cout << "RAND_MAX=" << ... (by AbstractionAnon)
July 2016 Pages: 1... 27282930
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.