Beginners - June 2013 (Page 10)

Read text files.

Hello, I am trying to copy names in to a dynamic array. The first integer shows how many names there are. I am getting this error "'std::basic_istream<char>::in...
[1 reply] : You omitted the important part of the message 26:30: error: invalid c... (by ne555)
How to Free memory!

Hello, I was trying to program a game with c when I realized that if anyone, who is playing in my game, close the window the memory that I reserved will still r...
[2 replies] Last: I mean I use a terminal window to run the program and i close the term... (by Ericarru)
pseudocode algorithm

int Minimum-Cost( X[a..d], person ) min ← ∞ if person = d then return cost(X) -- Bottom of space, d has been ass...
[2 replies] Last: just sent and message for you. tried to do my best which i could... ye... (by Lim Boon Jye)
Problem using cin and getline with strings

I am exploring some of the possibilities with the string template class defined in the <string> header. I wrote a small and simple program that registers names ...
[5 replies] Last: @Chervil: Thank you for your elaboration, it is good to know about th... (by R10111001)
Loops

Hi, I'm currently trying to learn game development and I'm having lots of trouble wrapping my head around loops, is there anywhere to go to get good practice or...
[17 replies] Last: local to the "while()" Thanks. (by a967Bytes)
by hychan
Possible addition of integers

Task: Suppose the default number is 10. You are supposed to write a program that outputs the total number of possible addition pairs of integers. Input two int...
[3 replies] Last: well one possible "inefficient" solution is to loop 'i' from 1 to 10 a... (by abhishekm71)
or operator if statement

Why is this all the times true? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char answer; int pause; cin >> answer; ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you Manga. Been long time since I used C++ and just been seeing ... (by IamAnoob)
by Marie
hFind return INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE

Hi! For my first post in the forum, and because i'm a real beginner, i don't see from where does my error come from. After a selection of multiple files in a f...
[4 replies] Last: GetLastError send me : "File not found" but when I print the "Dossier"... (by Marie)
by hychan
Generate suffix

How can I generate suffix for integers from 1 to 10 to the power of 10000? EXAMPLE 1: input: 21 output: 21st EXAMPLE 2: input: 111 output: 111th EX...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your help. It makes me clearer about suffix now! :) (by hychan)
Make the .exe compaitable with mac?

Hello! I made a program and people asked me to make it for mac.. Is there a code to write that makes the program compaitable with it? *im still a noob :) * ...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=maeriden]You can also give the source code to one of those peop... (by MrHutch)
top down approach

can you plz elaborate how C++ implements top down approach and C implements bottom up approach? in which memory C++ object is located?
[2 replies] Last: Google is your friend http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12776824/diff... (by Smac89)
by lmsmi1
Disable Return Char?

I'm writing an application and need some advice. So here's the problem: when I hit the RETURN key, it does its job, but it also prints a musical note onto the s...
[no replies]
Linker error

I generated this code using QT and I'm getting a linker error I'm using Visual Studio 2012. I'm getting LKN2019 unresolved external symbol "public:--cded MyDia...
[1 reply] : I fixed it. (by pronesti)
How to use the auto keyword correctly

Hi, LeafyCircuits here! Comp Specs: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Compiler: MinGW v4.6.2 IDE: Code::Blocks v12.11 edit: ^ Just got MinGW and Code::Blocks...
[12 replies] Last: Zereo said: I would also recommend upgrading your IDE away from... (by LeafyCircuits)
by klay2
bug

cant figure out whats wrong with it it just wont compile # include <iostream> # include <string.h> using namespace std; int main() { string spar...
[3 replies] Last: thanks its always worked with .h though strange that that fixed it ... (by Disch)
by Mint
Problem with STD in string

I'm trying to make a small rpg out of text (don't mind the fact that it's not much right now.) I'll explain below: main.cpp #include <iostream> #inclu...
[4 replies] Last: Ah, actually I see now that main is including a header.h with a differ... (by Zhuge)
why ">>" operator in "istream" passes new lines?

HI! Suppose this is student.txt joe 6849 computer diploma bill 1859 electronic BSc john 78946 computer BSc As you see there are some i...
[2 replies] Last: The way >> works is that it ignores all whitespace characters up until... (by Peter87)
string manipulation

hey guys i need help with my code ; well I am required to write a program that uses getline to read a string, counts the number of occurrences of the substring ...
[3 replies] Last: Except that your code is silly, for example what does this loop do? }... (by vlad from moscow)
C/C++: Reading and sorting a string.

So I'm toying with a little idea and not entirely sure how to do it. An example of reading a file into a string is easy enough. But I got to wondering, what if ...
[1 reply] : Well I don't see what can make it impossible, try using isdigit to che... (by Tertius Kgatla)
Error: no match for 'operator='

I'm getting very strange errors with the code down below, could someone explain why? ERROR 1: no match for 'operator=' in 'siff = siff_varde ' ERROR 2: r...
[5 replies] Last: Has anyone got any clue on how to do the same program as I did up here... (by GoranGaming)
June 2013 Pages: 1... 89101112... 49
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.