Beginners - June 2014 (Page 48)

Crazy values! Please help!

Im working on a generic text-based RPG. I have a function (equipCheck) that checks if my items are equivalent to items in the item list. If so, the stats of my ...
[6 replies] Last: I did a lot of debugging on my own (my program wont let me debug. I fi... (by Glyndinan)
Matrix Function

I have a test where I have to create a program which assists the user with matrix functions. The main problem I have is in the instructions, which goes as fo...
[4 replies] Last: Yes I have to do that as well, but depending upon how many parameters ... (by alex067)
Help with user validation statement in a function.

The program works when non negative numbers are entered. I am trying to use user validation and I can get it to display the message about negative numbers and a...
[2 replies] Last: I figured it out. And know I have it working properly thank you for yo... (by kmartar)
Class grades??

Write a C++ program that will calculate the average of each student, as well as the class average. In a Loop, either a While, or Do/While you will input thr...
[1 reply] : while(cin >> score1 >> score2 >> score 3) { if(score1 == -1) bre... (by closed account L6b7X9L8)
Mind numbing insanity

Okay, I am a third year student working on very basic C++ code. The instructions tell us that we need to use this template exactly as it is states below #inc...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks Pindrougt, that is were I was running into issues. From my rese... (by nitro2gomike)
Passing 2D char array to function

So when I do my first pass using the readfromfile function, it returns with the correct information, that is, firstn is a 2D array with 100 spots for names an...
[6 replies] Last: Wow, I am very appreciative of all the work you put into helping me. U... (by etroxel)
Dev C++ turning on support for C++ 11

Hi programmers. I am here to ask a question. I am trying to enable c++ 11 in Dev C but I tried to follow this and my version of Dev C ++ 4.9.9.2 looks differe...
[3 replies] Last: Yes you are the best!!!!! (by jim noob coder)
Constructors

I guys, I am new to C++, I have been trying to get back into programming for years after becoming borderline adept with MS QBASIC (Years ago!). I made some bas...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the links and advise Catfish666. I guess I will have to ge... (by jim noob coder)
by Onx
I would like some projects ideas

I arrived to the point where I want to do something really useful but I can't. I'm studying C++ at school but it's almost over, I exactly know basic things lik...
[5 replies] Last: I'm studying it at school, anyway, thanks for the help to you both! (by Onx)
Stupid output outside of debug's life moda

I have created an Append() function (for my String class) and in debug mode I observe all steps and the output at the end is what I expect, but when I run the a...
[2 replies] Last: No environment variables. I have also an Assign() function, which eras... (by closed account jvqpDjzh)
Possible problems of deleting

Is it a good habit to always check if a pointer is equal to NULL (or nullptr in C++11) before trying to delete the possible memory pointed? EDIT: Can I use NUL...
[9 replies] Last: Regarding StupidFunction() there's an old saying: you can't fix stu... (by dhayden)
by DVS84
reverse string function explanation help!

Hi Guys Can you help me understand the below function. I know it reverses a string namely "s" and assigns it to string variable answer then returns the orig...
[2 replies] Last: Finally! Thank you very much. it all seems so simple now. (by DVS84)
Dynamic pointer to array of strings

This code is not the actual program, but I need this to make it work, since in the main program I will implement something similar to this. This code is to illu...
[2 replies] Last: Man thanks! I've recently started using C++ again and I still have a l... (by Eleyson)
fstream help

hey guys, I am developing a program that searches through a .mp3 file and extracts the IDE information and some other stuff after that but that is not my pro...
[9 replies] Last: You might want to reference this table: http://www.asciitable.com/ Ma... (by Daleth)
Looping a list

Hello, I am attempting to create a little program that iterates through a list deleting every third item until only one remains. Unfortunately, I feel as if I ...
[8 replies] Last: Got it! By advancing the iterator, then checking for the end I am in ... (by q742tt9)
noob- how to output file?

Hi, I am trying to get my program to allow the user to name the output file and then output it. ifstream file; file.open("test.dat"); cout...
[6 replies] Last: What does this mean myFile.open(file.c_str()); also I was using i... (by mousecrazy)
June 2014 Pages: 1... 464748
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.