Beginners - June 2018 (Page 4)

by nearc
How to delete whole linked list?

Can't find information, can only find how to delete at certain place.
[4 replies] Last: I gave you the algorithm, is that sufficient for you? BTW: It shoul... (by jonnin)
c - calculating file content separately

Well, so far I've opened a file. The file output looks like this: Credit: 300 20 100 45 Cash: 150 200 30 10 25 Everything is fine with the...
[4 replies] Last: Here's a possibility in C: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #... (by tpb)
"x" outputs as an integer even though it is a float!

Hi, so I recently started learning C++ and I first decided to make a quadratic calculator. I have seen through some of the errors and I eventually cleared them ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/238780/ (by helios)
Adding a Max Bet Option for a Craps game

I am sure I'll save myself half a day by posting my question here. I need to add an option where if I type "max" I can bet the maximum amount. Yes I have a l...
[2 replies] Last: jonnin: Thanks for the reply! For now I have used a char to check the... (by fstudent)
Difference between these two?

What is the difference between these two pieces of code? Are they the same with just a different way of defining? std::unique_ptr<int> y(new int(20)); ...
[2 replies] Last: That "unspecified-evaluation-order leak" in JLBorges link is mildly su... (by tpb)
by sc7
which datastructure to use here?

I recently met with a graph theory question which asks us to some operations on a graph, I can't seem to put my finger on the right datastructure to use there f...
[5 replies] Last: Something along these lines, perhaps: #include <map> #include <vect... (by JLBorges)
what laptop specification needed before i can run unreal engine4

hello guys, i wanna start using unreal engine to build C++ games, but i need to buy my laptop first, so please guy what are the minimum specification (RAM , CPU...
[2 replies] Last: ok tanks. (by jamesgodspower)
Not sure why my code has no output

Hello, I'm trying to create a novel program to take lines from a filestream as parameters to create random objects. My code as below: #include <iostream...
[2 replies] Last: Oh. I corrected that and fixed the function prototype (missed out "Mo... (by subs098)
lists and iterators - check null

I'm trying to use lists and iterators, I need to initialize a list and check if it has been initialised or not. #include <iostream> #include <list> #in...
[6 replies] Last: thank you Peter- problem solved (by Blessman11)
Bubble Sort Problem

Hello I created a simple bubble Sort program after trying c++ I am really new to coding and I tried learning myself but Ive been facing some problems. Basicall...
[10 replies] Last: Oh man looks like I have to go over the code maybe redo it abit so I c... (by troylow)
by Alex47
Do While Help

I am trying to make a simple script. The problem I am running into is where I am trying to make a code to where if a person doesn't type in an appropiate letter...
[1 reply] : if(pick != number1) || (pick != number2) || (pick != number3) || (pic... (by Repeater)
problem pulling .txt data and combining multi functions

So I'm tasked with importing a file containing an invoice for given dates with random parts and totals. My program needs to run like a reciept for the given da...
[2 replies] Last: The problem is that you open the input file in many places and it will... (by Thomas1965)
How to manipulate texts with C++

Hey everyone is there a decent way through which I can manipulate texts using C++, similar to say, using the awk command in Unix?
[1 reply] : Not directly. There are regex tools, and the string find and replace... (by jonnin)
by omka
Tick tack toe

I'm making a game of tic tack toe but I'm trying to get it to check if someone has already played in the spot or not but I just can't seem to figure out a simpl...
[1 reply] : Why don't you check the field before you write to it? if (a == 1) { ... (by Thomas1965)
by mim97
Display the sum and the average of the numbers in a loop.

//Write a c++ program that will input double numbers for the user in a loop // until the average of the numbers is less than 10. When the loop ends // display t...
[7 replies] Last: He/she explicitly explicitly says "in a loop", @Abdullah Samo. Howeve... (by lastchance)
homework help please?

so we are doing for loops and he wants us to make a code that shows us the biggest number and the smallest number in this using a for loop but it keeps say larg...
[3 replies] Last: tyler21210 here is the solution: #include <iostream> usin... (by Abdullah Samo)
something wrong with the output

I'm solving a problem that make me generate a password depends on some rules, 1-the length of the password must be equal to n, 2-the password should consist...
[3 replies] Last: strlen() relies on the string being null-terminated and you don't expl... (by lastchance)
Bool function for Prime Numbers

I am learning functions now, and have a task to write a function that will determine if a number is prime. There is a second function that determines the range ...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it, tru... (by opataris)
Summing the characters in a word or sentence

I would like to be able to type a string and get the ascii value back of the every character and return a total of the word or sentence. for example if you were...
[3 replies] Last: You inverted the order of the addition assignment operator. += and =+ ... (by Lehti)
Unexpected array behaviour

I want to have a matrix filled with zeros and then be able to change specific elements of that matrix to either 1 or 2. In the code below I expect the matri...
[3 replies] Last: Cheers to you both. I guess I was confused between a size 4x4 array h... (by vuilnisman)
June 2018 Pages: 123456... 19
  Archived months: [may2018] [jul2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.