Beginners - June 2018 (Page 3)

MCSA certification

How to earn Microsoft MCSA certification?
[1 reply] : That surely can't be difficult to Google? (by MikeyBoy)
Condile this program. Did you mean "Compile"?

Hello, i'm looking for a nice algorithm that compares a word in input to a list of words to found the best match. Any idea? Kind regards
[3 replies] Last: Thank you foir the reply. Studying... (by Amiplus)
by H00G0
Question about static variables (1,2)

Hi! I'm currently coding a game and I'm facing an issue. I have several classes, of which many include the same header file Settings.h . In this header, I h...
[23 replies] Last: Thanks for the info Peter87, that makes sense (by H00G0)
by volz
how to turn on multi threading BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS

Hi all, Im trying to use boots 1.67.0 in visual studio on windows to compile the boost thread example but im getting a error that i can not find the issue to...
[7 replies] Last: thank you for you help much apresated. i will give this a go in my web... (by volz)
Unable to load file:

// Include important C++ libraries here #include "stdafx.h" #include <SFML/Graphics.hpp> // Make code easier to type with "using namespace" using namespace sf;...
[5 replies] Last: tpb, true, since he mentioned Visual Studio, I didn't bother mentionin... (by Ganado)
Using c++ to call TASM to assemble .asm into .com

Hi, I am new to c++, could anyone point me to how can I write a c++ code which will call TASM to assemble the .asm file into a .com and execute it? I've wri...
[10 replies] Last: thanks jonnin! and yes, .exe and .com are interchangeable.. funny, mos... (by chmscrbbrfck)
by Bolter
cannot idenitfy mistakes

Microsft visual studio says that from "Inputcomponent onward its been placed in wrong. I have reviewed what the online instructor has done and I cannot seem to ...
[5 replies] Last: Trying to learn C++ by using a commercial game engine? That is like e... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
RGB colors

Hi, I would like to know if someone can explain me how to program the console to use RGB colors in visual studio 2015
[15 replies] Last: Trying to do even simple graphics and game updating in a Windows conso... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Importing Data from file into Struct

I am creating a program when ran searches through the current directory for all files ending in .csv and then imports the data into a vector. I am struggling wi...
[6 replies] Last: I get that, you need to read them (even if used as a delimiter in the ... (by jonnin)
by mar3g
Printing polynomials

What tools should I use to draw graphs of polynomials in the xy-plane in VisualStudio?
[4 replies] Last: you can use directdraw or whatever it is now (I havent done this in a ... (by jonnin)
Declarations of string variables

Hi all, I'm quite new at this, only a few weeks in! I'm trying to write a code for finding out how string variable declarations work, but am not sure how to ge...
[4 replies] Last: you may need to type the code or textbook question for us to see it to... (by jonnin)
by MeK
DPMI

Hi, I´m hoping someone here might be able to help. I can only imagine the number of questions I am going to get asking about this, to cut a long story sh...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, thankyou. I might be able to do something with that. You´ve give... (by MeK)
Same address between functions. Coincidence or not?

Hello, I'm new to C++ and was playing around with functions, pointers and references and noticed something. I have the following code: class myClass { publ...
[3 replies] Last: When I add a variable "int test = 12345;" betwen my functions calls, ... (by Repeater)
colors in the column

how can i fill colors inside the column? Like "Personality", inside the 'P' has color. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(int argc, char** a...
[1 reply] : There are no standard C++ facilities for doing this. There are non-st... (by JLBorges)
///////////////////////////

///
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <cmath> int main() {... (by JLBorges)
Average using highest numbers

I am curious as to how I can get a sum of 3 numbers, however it only takes the 2 highest into account. The user inputs 3 numbers and it needs to use only the 2 ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> int main() { // step 1. accept three numbers... (by JLBorges)
Returning arrays and vectors

Why can I return vectors, and the method returns all elements, but return cannot do the same with array?
[1 reply] : While std::vector<T> is a copyable type, an array is not copyable; ... (by JLBorges)
How to limit input?

I'm coding an basic text-rpg and i need to limit an input to only one character. I've searched the web, and found some answers (such as setw) but none of thos...
[2 replies] Last: getch and getche are very useful but nonstandard tools that you may en... (by jonnin)
Quitting a while() loop with '|' creates infinite loop.

I'd like to start off by telling everyone thank you in advance. I am new to the forum and new to C++. In my spare time, which is sometimes null, I have been wor...
[5 replies] Last: I appreciate the responses. It looks like stringstream is the solution... (by vindicator1983)
getline: unresolved overloaded function type

I am using code from The c++ standard library from scratch, I wanted to use getline instead of just typing it directly into the testfile..however I run into ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much! Your explanations were very thoughtful and I am abl... (by jerry HQ)
June 2018 Pages: 12345... 19
  Archived months: [may2018] [jul2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.