Beginners - March 2014

Homework help (please) What's wrong with my code?

Can anyone tell me why this compiles but then crashes after it executes? As always, any help GREATLY appreciated! Tricia .h file //personType.h #incl...
[4 replies] Last: I uninstalled and re-installed codeblocks...still crashed. I decided t... (by tdenning)
Looping check error

This code is part of my game to check for aces in the player's hand as part of a blackjack game. It's supposed to check hand, pval_hand, for any values that ...
[no replies]
calling functions HELP(need to eliminate duplication)

Okay so what im trying to accomplish here is that i want to make it so a person inputs 2 numbers. Then i want to add those two numbers,subtract,multiply and...
[1 reply] : i want to make it so a person inputs 2 numbers. Then i want to add ..... (by keskiverto)
Storing an user-written string in an array/vector

Greetings. I'm trying to code a basic "hangman" game. (If you don't know what it is, it's a two player game where one thinks of a secret word, and the secon...
[5 replies] Last: I don't think it would have necessarily been harder to do it the way... (by long double main)
by merta
Problem

Where are my mistakes and what are they? This code is my fisrt code about linked list. So ı cannot found mistakes easily. I would appreciate if you could help....
[3 replies] Last: mutexe (866) >> in my complier, there is not a problem during compi... (by merta)
making file

how can i make a makingfile? since i have main.cpp , main1.cpp, main.h? like g++ main.cpp main1.cpp main.h
[1 reply] : http://mrbook.org/tutorials/make/ this is what i learned off of. (a) f... (by Little Bobby Tables)
by Kay94
Using multiple files in Geany/gnuc

Hi there, at school im learning C++ with Visual Studio and we have now comed to classes within multiple files. At home I prefer using Geany with gnuc and the...
[1 reply] : im not quite sure how to add files to geany but if you do it via comma... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Need help with template

I am trying to do this Write templates for the two functions minimum and maximum. The minimum function should accept two arguments and return the value of t...
[1 reply] : you are using the wrong operators. you want: if(first<last) ... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Text File Function

If I create a function to call a Text File and want to use the text file. Do i program in the function or in main?
[1 reply] : Open the text file where it is needed. If you want to write your code ... (by Smac89)
Declared a function as a friend of a class but the member is still inaccessible

I have a class called ParkingLot with a function called removeCarsThatWantToLeave and I declared this function a friend of my Space class so that removeCarsThat...
[no replies]
by DVS84
Some help with my assignment

Hi guys I would like some feedback on my progress with one of my assignment questions about void functions and if I am actually doing it right. the assignment ...
[3 replies] Last: 4b works for me. You can still get the output in one for loop even if... (by wildblue)
Case sensitive and looping

How do I make this not case sensitive? If I put in Pyramid, it will run the pyramid function, but if I put in pyramid, it recognizes it as else and runs the cub...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you that fixed everything! (by football52)
by csharp
Pocker

This program analyzes a hand of a simplified version of poker. It’s simplified because there are only 4 cards in a hand, there are no face cards, there are no...
[4 replies] Last: if ( (w >= 1 && w <= 10) || (x >= 1 && x <= 10) || (y >= 1 && y <= ... (by csharp)
new c++ user array printing

hi i am brand new to c++ so please bear with me i am trying to make a program that reads in an array of numbers between 1 and 100, as they are read in it will p...
[9 replies] Last: I used "NULL" for the prevention of repetition, and I couldn't think o... (by NPcomplete)
by Chubby
Xcode error on throw

Without the negative and over 100 it working fine #ifndef TESTSCORES_H #define TESTSCORES_H void testAvg(int len, int marks ); // Function prototype clas...
[1 reply] : catch(char * err) { cout << err << "\n"; } } how can i fix thi... (by Chubby)
by Ram1
Pointer, dynamical allocation, string comparison

ok
[2 replies] Last: ok? (by NPcomplete)
Trouble with std::getline()

I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to get this code to read past the space character and the entire way to a new line character. The code I have now wo...
[no replies]
Structs & Functions

Any pointers for this program? Here is the assignment: http://www2.cs.uh.edu/~acl/cs1410/Assignment/prog8.pdf #include <cstdio> #include <iostream> ...
[1 reply] : sorry, no assignments are done here. If you're having any difficulty ... (by NPcomplete)
by Hauns
ASSCII-Files Problem

I cannot find the mistake. Pls help me. #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> #include<ctype.h> #include<string.h> #include<Windows.h> struct Klasse...
[2 replies] Last: it doesn't work Do you honestly think that's a helpful description o... (by MikeyBoy)
please help me

i hope you to debug this file. #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<string.h> #define NUM 10000 struct date { char NameDa...
[1 reply] : Sorry, but no one is likely to help you unless you state clearly what ... (by closed account z0My6Up4)
March 2014 Pages: 123... 79
  Archived months: [feb2014] [apr2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.