Beginners - February 2014

by f8al
two question - Big newb needs help

So im using visual basic C++ GUI (playing around) and started making a calculator. So most of the code is in the .h file, I can put it here but its super lon...
[1 reply] : De facto, this is a forum for standard C++. You appear to be using C++... (by Catfish666)
by jazume
A void function that doesn't print?

I'm not exactly sure why, but the void function 'printTwinPrimes' does not print anything.
[3 replies] Last: You do set j to be i+1, so their difference cannot be 2. You increment... (by keskiverto)
by moreme
searching in a file

HI guys, I have a difficulty with searching in a multi line file. this is the code: void search_profile() { system("cls"); int id; i...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks buddy ;) (by moreme)
How to check when the user presses a key...

Ok, part of my console program gets the user to press enter to continue after reading the introduction of how to use the program. I've halted the program using...
[no replies]
about destroying objects

Why would the destructor call 4 times ? the first one is for " ok " object i get that , the second is for lets object , and the third is for the date object ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you ^^ (by Cutefriendzoned)
Vector of Pointers

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to pointers and I'm having some trouble with my assignment. This is the problem: Write a small program using a vector of pointers to P...
[no replies]
by zyx459
Default case causing infinite loops in game

I'm making a tic-tac-toe game. everything works fine(this is a small portion of the program), but if a letter is entered then the program goes into an infinite ...
[no replies]
Need help with array of type struct

Hi! I need some help understanding what my assignment is telling me to do, and how I can implement it. My teacher says that my information in the catalogue (ite...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I never knew how to do that! Ok I now have it going smoothly. ... (by BrookeP)
Need help with a basic encryption/decryption program

Hello, I'm new to this site and I was wondering if anybody can help me with a basic encryption/decryption assignment for class? Here is the code I have so far. ...
[no replies]
Networking?

Hi, I have...read through the majority of the cplusplus tutorials on C++ now and have the general gist of the language. I suspect I won't fully understand i...
[1 reply] : Boost Asio. (by PanGalactic)
Help with Main/budget program

I've been having trouble with a budget program, the problem is that I keep calling a function more than once in main, I'm not sure how to fix this though. Any ...
[3 replies] Last: Your problem is chartDisplay(). Having had to re-write the damn thin... (by closed account zybCM4Gy)
Finding Factors

Hi! I am working on an assignment in class and received most of this code. I just have to add in some loops to complete it. I have a general idea of loops and f...
[2 replies] Last: I really don't mean to post again, but i am still having trouble with ... (by Jinstry)
Classes initilizing query

Hi, have recently broken into the classes I tutorial. (Took meh long enuf!) Unfortunately I'm having a bit of a dilemma. At the moment I have understood tha...
[3 replies] Last: These feature changes really need to be outlined more clearly. I had n... (by closed account zybCM4Gy)
dynamic allocatd array

Hello there. I was asked to design a program using a dynamic array of structures. I've done it before and worked fine. But this time around I can't figure out w...
[1 reply] : //header.h #ifndef HEADER_H #define HEADER_H struct Sparks { char na... (by ne555)
by BaneX
Error message after debugging

When i debug i get this error :"there would build errors. Would you like to continue and run the last successful build?" How can i compile my program? ...
[2 replies] Last: > there would build errors your program didn't generate an executable ... (by ne555)
by Clay
substitute for goto

I was wondering if there is a substitute for a goto statement at the if(players_input=="inventory"){ void inventory(); //need somethin...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you kbw (by Clay)
Help with for loop pattern

hi can anyone help me convert this for loop to show this pattern but instead going the other way? mmmmmm mmmmm...
[2 replies] Last: I'm not sure whether this is what you mean, but this program outputs t... (by DennisNL)
formatting

I need to have the output formatted to look like this Name Hours worked Pay rate Gross Pay Social Security Income Tax Net Pay ---...
[2 replies] Last: Okay, now i have it so that it will look right until you change names.... (by ThisGuyIsBrad)
by IGI30
My Documents folder location

I want to get the path of My Documents Folder in the vaiable MY_DOCUMENTS char MY_DOCUMENTS ; Any help?
[10 replies] Last: That assumes the documents folder is called "Documents" under the home... (by kbw)
BASIC HELP

how would i call the variable within the parameter to perform a loop or if statement within the void function void police(int&year, int & crimes, int&arres...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by IMNOTGOODATCS)
February 2014 Pages: 123... 60
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.