Beginners - January 2014

by hbkmad
Can't find the mistake

Hi this is the class I made. #include<iostream> #include<vector> using namespace std; template <class T> class ShortestPathTable { p...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much, guys ! (by hbkmad)
Friend Function

I'm supposed to create a function that adds the amount of dollars and cents, so I rewrote the code to include a friend function, and for some reason, I can't ge...
[2 replies] Last: Remove line 17 of your original post to clear up a great many errors: ... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
ERROR copying array - pointers

I was trying to copy one array to another one of the same size, but when I execute the program all the array values that are supposed to be copied appeared to b...
[4 replies] Last: LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FAULT I DIDNT SEE IT ... (by closed account ivDwAqkS)
by Nata
Passing 2d array to a function help me please :)

Hello would you please be so kind to help me with my code. I should have written a function which outputs 2d array. However, I have a an error in this part : ...
[3 replies] Last: Variable Length Arrays int n; cin >> n; int xs[ n ]; // xs is a va... (by Duthomhas)
SDL_FillRect();

What is the second argument for in SDL_FillRect(); for example SDL_FillRect(screen,NULL, color); SDL_FillRect(screen, &screen->clip_rect, color); ...
[10 replies] Last: No problem. I'm always here if you need questions. (by Avilius)
by wickys
For loops and arrays with sums

Hey guys I'm learning for loop and in my book I have an exercise to display an array of integers. That all works but I also need to print the running total of t...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <Windows.h> using ... (by Nata)
by Nata
Error in a code and cant find out why

I should write a function which will count how many words are in a sentence. I thought that this should be right however, there is some error and I do not get w...
[2 replies] Last: okay I already got it if anyone needs help with this kind of thing in ... (by Nata)
by Jarl
Program not working. 3D vectors.

I am trying to create a 3-D cartesian vector class, with a magnitude function, copy constructor, sum operator and accessible x,y,z, coordinates. Strangely it's ...
[4 replies] Last: Or better yet vectr(const vectr& v) : x(v.x), y(v.y), z(v.z) {} :)... (by CodeGazer)
by jidder
Parsing text

How do you parse text efficiently. I looked up how to do it and all of the ways i found seemed quite long winded and specific to certain text Say i wanted...
[11 replies] Last: getline will see that the first character is a '<' this is the charac... (by jidder)
by hakuna
Code not working

so what happens is that 4/3 does not get multiplied to the rest of the equation so all i get is pi*radius*radius*height. please help! float getvolcy...
[4 replies] Last: I can't see any reason why coder777's suggestion wouldn't work? what ... (by mutexe)
ATM machine

Here's one for some of you! I thought I'd try to make a novice ATM machine, the program takes the pin you wish to use and stores that, when you want to change t...
[4 replies] Last: This pointer is destroyed at the end of this function Also you never ... (by jidder)
bubbleSort

Hi , Im basicly new here. I have few problems that I met in c++ programming. The problem is about bubbler sort , it works and all , gives you a correct answer....
[4 replies] Last: An array is an ordered list of things (or elements ). Each element ... (by Duthomhas)
by nvrmnd
what's wrong w/ this extraction of integer

Why won't the former code work ? doesn't work #include <iostream> #include <sstream> int main( int argc, char* args ) { std::istringstream iss( args ...
[3 replies] Last: wow, tnx guys, why didn't i think of that (by nvrmnd)
Error:assigning to an array from an initializer list

Please throw some light on following error. unsigned int trans_val_1 ; unsigned int xor_result_arr ; trans_val_1 = {xor_result_arr , xor_result_arr , xor_resu...
[12 replies] Last: it's capital 'S' template <std::size_t Size> void sub_trans_out( std... (by nvrmnd)
Problem With Secant Method

Can someone help me find the error of this code? it displays wrong results. Here is a sample output usuing the polynomial x^2-5x+2. Enter the order of the...
[2 replies] Last: got it men! THANK YOU SO MUCH! (by newton123)
by ryan01
Trouble overloading >>

I created a simple program that gathers user input and stores it in an array of objects called Games. Then in the end, I go to output the contents of the array....
[12 replies] Last: OK. Now see what you can make of this. Code to accept user input and c... (by JLBorges)
Why is conio.h depreciated?

As the title says why it is called depreciated and should be never used ?
[2 replies] Last: I'd prefer anytime conio.h functions instead of things like system("pa... (by modoran)
by Wocky
Is a class created in a method remembered?

I'm new to C++, but I've been writing C for several years. I'm trying to learn C++, but on my own (unstructured), and have some questions: Suppose I declar...
[3 replies] Last: You have now: void class2::do_interesting_things() { class1* test_... (by keskiverto)
by alsade
question about static member

im trying to compare two strings length and print the longest but because i had to define the string as a static one i cant find a way to do it...help?? #in...
[13 replies] Last: I bet confusing terms: Not static , but static as in non-dynamic .... (by keskiverto)
by Vizo
Help ASAP please :-(

Hello everyone, I am trying to solve Prim's Algorithm but I got stuck and confused half way. I don't even know if the result is right or not. please guys I n...
[1 reply] : where are you stuck? What is your confusion? elaborate and try to as... (by codewalker)
January 2014 Pages: 123... 44
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.