Beginners - December 2013

String Substract Function Help

I'm aware that there is a resource here on this site; however, I'm struggling to understand this fol...
[1 reply] : The first parameter is a start position, which is 0 based. Second para... (by ComNetCS)
What should I do next?

Hi, hope this isn't too long. I just want to ask people who are experienced in C++ programming and h...
[2 replies] Last: Hi SoftMOUNT, As with anything in life, if you wish to become good... (by Whizzer)
by anzhit
Index Sorting using stl

I have a vector of floats which i wish to sort. I dont want to perform in place sorting but want t...
[4 replies] Last: The secret is to use currying to sneak the data into your compare func... (by Ken Seehart)
Multiple files, multiple headaches.

Ok Let's try to explain this. I am trying to teach myself c++, as I simply can't afford to take ...
[2 replies] Last: First, Thank you for your reply Albatross. Once you got me past that l... (by Whizzer)
Creating new variable on the go in C

Hi, So i have this question in C.. this is the scenario: I need to accept the user's input ...
[1 reply] : It sounds like you want a dynamic array to store each piece of data. ... (by Zhuge)
problem with long long int

When I am trying to use the long long int variable with the number 123456789012345 dev C++ says ther...
[10 replies] Last: According to http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/types , the sta... (by long double main)
How to make a specific key to do something in a console?

So, I know how to do this in windows.h: WM_KEYDOWN: 'A'; But how do I do that in console...
[2 replies] Last: Well thanks. Wow. I didn't realize it was THAT much just for that. I w... (by AceDawg45)
Exceptions

This is supposed to be a basic program that calculates the area of a rectangle but has a catch state...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/pointers/ #include <iostream> ... (by mobotus)
Change all to capital vector problem

I have to do the following Read a sequence of words from cin and store the values a vector. After y...
[4 replies] Last: Oh yes yes i did :/ Thanks guys, (by Fr0zen1)
Please recommend a book on C++ regex

Please recommend to me a book (paper and maybe an ebook) with depth on regular expression classes th...
[no replies]
printing a string backwards

When I run this code, the same string that I entered is couted, except that I switch the first and l...
[6 replies] Last: Good info there Chervil :) I haven't really messed with cstrings all ... (by Garion)
Arrays

I need help...... Create a program which takes two array in which one array should take odd values ...
[2 replies] Last: How to arrange two array in one??????? ' (by Imad ali)
external data available inside function

For calculations inside a function I need data/variables from outside this function (not passed in ...
[4 replies] Last: they cant by accessed out side of [void calc_chi_square{ acces ONLY he... (by xeef)
Code taking a lot of time but no result

OK so there is this question: The country A has 50M inhabitants, and its population grows 3% per...
[2 replies] Last: OK I changed those lines and now it works! Thanks :D! a_pop_curr += ... (by Stormboy)
by SrKiT
Pointer to the (current) last element of a vector

Consider the following code: class B; class A { B * pointer2B; public: void setPointer2B...
[5 replies] Last: Apologies, for some reason I saw "back()" and thought "end()" this is ... (by tipaye)
by eoaneh
using a function of a class in another class

Hi i have a problem i have a class with some functions and a constructor witch does a lot of thi...
[1 reply] : Line 5 introduces name Sign U pCourse. Line 1 did mention Sign u pCou... (by keskiverto)
by OUIJ
Is this efficient code or can it be compressed

I am in my first year of coding in school. While on break I am continuing to learn C++ on my own. Th...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the info everyone. For james I reposted the code below. #... (by OUIJ)
Reinstalling libraries, uninstalling libraries.

Regarding this topic, is there anything I should keep in mind? I'm trying to reinstall SDL because ...
[3 replies] Last: Well I used Notepad++ to write code and compile from the command line ... (by Stormboy)
Syntax question with a char type array.

Hello. Thanks in advance for the answer to what Im sure is a simple question. I've isolated a mo...
[5 replies] Last: Always test code first: http://ideone.com/f3QpQd (by LB)
This isn't about c++, but my topic about device managers

Write your question here. My computer doesn't detect display manager on devices manager. What ...
[3 replies] Last: by the way, how am I see msinfo32.exe ? (by hans2311)
December 2013 Pages: 123... 68
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.