Beginners - December 2013

Change all to capital vector problem

I have to do the following Read a sequence of words from cin and store the values a vector. After you’ve read all the words, process the vector and change ea...
[4 replies] Last: Oh yes yes i did :/ Thanks guys, (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Please recommend a book on C++ regex

Please recommend to me a book (paper and maybe an ebook) with depth on regular expression classes theory, implementation, usage, and examples in c++11. I am ...
[no replies]
printing a string backwards

When I run this code, the same string that I entered is couted, except that I switch the first and last letters, the second-to-last and second letter, etc. #...
[6 replies] Last: Good info there Chervil :) I haven't really messed with cstrings all ... (by Garion)
Arrays

I need help...... Create a program which takes two array in which one array should take odd values and second should even....third array is created to arrange ...
[2 replies] Last: How to arrange two array in one??????? ' (by Imad ali)
external data available inside function

For calculations inside a function I need data/variables from outside this function (not passed in as parameters) - how can one make it accessible inside th...
[4 replies] Last: they cant by accessed out side of [void calc_chi_square{ acces ONLY he... (by xeef)
Code taking a lot of time but no result

OK so there is this question: The country A has 50M inhabitants, and its population grows 3% per year. The country B, 70M and grows 2% per year. Tell in how...
[2 replies] Last: OK I changed those lines and now it works! Thanks :D! a_pop_curr += ... (by Stormboy)
by SrKiT
Pointer to the (current) last element of a vector

Consider the following code: class B; class A { B * pointer2B; public: void setPointer2B(B* p_P2B){ pointer2B=p_P2B; } }; class B { ...
[5 replies] Last: Apologies, for some reason I saw "back()" and thought "end()" this is ... (by tipaye)
by eoaneh
using a function of a class in another class

Hi i have a problem i have a class with some functions and a constructor witch does a lot of things, i want to use some of the functions in another class, ...
[1 reply] : Line 5 introduces name Sign U pCourse. Line 1 did mention Sign u pCou... (by keskiverto)
by OUIJ
Is this efficient code or can it be compressed

I am in my first year of coding in school. While on break I am continuing to learn C++ on my own. This is not a finished product due to the fact that I haven't ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the info everyone. For james I reposted the code below. #... (by OUIJ)
Reinstalling libraries, uninstalling libraries.

Regarding this topic, is there anything I should keep in mind? I'm trying to reinstall SDL because either it or SDL_Image wasn't installed properly by yours tr...
[3 replies] Last: Well I used Notepad++ to write code and compile from the command line ... (by Stormboy)
Syntax question with a char type array.

Hello. Thanks in advance for the answer to what Im sure is a simple question. I've isolated a more complicated issue to this example code: //chararray...
[5 replies] Last: Always test code first: http://ideone.com/f3QpQd (by LB)
This isn't about c++, but my topic about device managers

Write your question here. My computer doesn't detect display manager on devices manager. What should I do, If I want to check my diplay manager ?
[3 replies] Last: by the way, how am I see msinfo32.exe ? (by hans2311)
Help please segmentation fault?

So for the last 20 minutes I've been trying to make this work but can't figure it out pleas help, also what does segmentation fault mean?. Also this is my firs...
[5 replies] Last: @Ispil: the functions in the class do not see the global name variable... (by LB)
by Fronk
I keep experiencing this error!

Hello! This is my first post on this forum, so I'm going to try and make this as helpful as I can. I recently installed CodeBlocks so I could get started in ...
[1 reply] : I think what has most likely happened to you is that Code::Blocks thin... (by Duthomhas)
by zulash
c++

hello,i'm the new man in this programming world...and i did not know what wrong with my coding,it won't calculate and i cannot enter how much that i want to pay...
[1 reply] : First, use [ code ] [ /code ] tags. You can find them on the Format ... (by TwilightSpectre)
Requesting exercises for beginners

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and I have recently just got into studying C++ a month ago and I've been looking for some mini exercises to help practice ...
[4 replies] Last: I found that math puzzles from projecteuler.net helped me learn to t... (by heyyouyesyouiloveyou)
by JohnJH
Image processing - Idea needed?

I am trying to write a code which make use off the gradient effect where the picture whitest at the side/corners. The side and the corner of the picture will b...
[3 replies] Last: You want to adjust the image color mode? I used this image color chang... (by EisenhowerPDF)
by wolfv
How to specify a library path?

The following example works using my Keyboard library included in quotes #include "Keyboard.h" Is there a way to make the include work with angled bracke...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you ne555 for the -isystem suggestion, it was perfect. This boo... (by wolfv)
write from a .txt file with a cout function

Write your question here. I have a simple little code I'm working on as a learning tool. It prompts the user for a password. It then logs the password used to ...
[5 replies] Last: Its all typed in lower case. I have the proper format. All of my post ... (by DoltishDisciple)
by Garion
Music

I've been reading about programs to control music (start, stop, loop , etc) and I've only really messed with the mcisendstring functions. It seems those functi...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the recommendations. edit.. I just wanted to say I decided... (by Garion)
December 2013 Pages: 123... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.