Beginners - December 2013 (Page 69)

Please Help array char comparison

Write your question here. So when running the program the array labeled CorrectAnswers outputs perfectly. However the array studentAnswers outputs random sy...
[4 replies] Last: I can only guess it was a Dev error. If you mean the compiler got it... (by Chervil)
Bubblesort and nonduplicates

Error message states: "stack around variable 'a' was corrupted." #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using std::cin; using std::cout; using std::endl;...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using std::cin; using std:... (by jonlande)
File pointer problem

I am trying to determine what I am doing wrong, it's giving me an error on line 52 with the fp (file pointer). I know I am missing something but can't put my fi...
[7 replies] Last: Did you try doing a 'find' for the string "countNW" in your code, to s... (by Chervil)
Passing a 2D boolean array in .C

I am making a "Game of Life" program in .C and need to set my entire 2D array, for if the organism in that spot is alive (represented by a boolean), to a 2D arr...
[11 replies] Last: I figured out my problem with defining the function. I'm using Micros... (by chaertel)
overloading ostream operator

I am writing a class in which I need to overload the << operator but it keeps giving me a too many parameters for this operator function error. That does not ma...
[7 replies] Last: Derrrrrrrrrrp I found my retard cap, was right next to the I never put... (by samuelm33)
int ---> 0.1

Hi, i would like to know how to make an "int" have a fraction... Like this: int object; object = 0.1; BUT OF COURSE I DOSE NOT WORK Can Any...
[5 replies] Last: Thank You SO Much. That relay helped. :D So i put it : int ... (by closed account jyU4izwU)
GCC/G++ CMD PR won't do anything

I'm reading this book on how to learn C++ within 24 hours. Followed all procedures up until I have to actually create my first code to be compiled and linked. ...
[3 replies] Last: What errors do you get about the above program when you try to compile... (by Mats)
I am getting a segmentation fault, why?

Why am I getting a segmentation when declaring two constructors with different parameters, but the same string of arguments? If I were to declare only one const...
[7 replies] Last: > You are overusing pointers and dynamic memory, and therefore asking ... (by ne555)
Incorrect Output for certain overloaded operators

I feel like I'm getting really close here with this operator overloading assignment, but I'm getting some weirdness with my output...what I should be getting: ...
[12 replies] Last: Ahhhh!!! yayayay thanks so much, you've been a wonderful help I apprec... (by halamaker)
Verify numeric input

Hi, i'm trying to make a simple program that asks for numeric input and then tells the user if it is numeric or not. The program will catch if you enter a singl...
[3 replies] Last: sorry for my overly late reply. You could try using two for loops one ... (by Drakon)
by wolfv
static variable inheritance?

Is there a way to share one static variable amongst all the classes derived from a base class? The following is my attempt, but the compiler or linker gets ...
[2 replies] Last: You can put this : private: static int layer; like: protec... (by Edevan)
what am i doing wrong

im only trying to convert to upper case only if the user inputs them in lower case, if they are already upper case then i dont need to do anything... we just l...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, I'll keep working on it. I appreciate the help I am struggling... (by iamlearning)
by hilft
For Loop problems

What did I do wrong on the coding to "not" get the output of 01234? why am I getting just 5? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int mai...
[4 replies] Last: The for loop ends when the condition becomes false. In this case, th... (by long double main)
PLEASE HELP ME

this is just part of a program which will count the occurrences of characters in a word. im trying to input a word into a string but when the loop finished the ...
[2 replies] Last: wow thanks a lot. it helped me move closer towards finishing my progra... (by LostCoder368)
Two questions. The first one is that the program can run, but it cannot show the result. The second one shows the error.

Program 1 needs to create an array to save the number of students(column) and the number of exams(row). The Program 1 needs to calculate the student's average a...
[2 replies] Last: I read this quickly so apologize if I didnt catch your problem. Meanw... (by fahmankhan75)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 676869
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.