Beginners - February 2014 (Page 3)

compare arrays for scoring

To help you understand what I am trying to explain I will tell you the rules for Yahtzee scoring. You have two scoring categories 'lows' and 'highs'. The user...
[4 replies] Last: Holy crap you are a genius!!!! So much smaller and more efficient th... (by ultratoke)
Loop troubles

IT repeats this loop like 5 times...why? counter = 1; while ( counter <= totalSongs ) { song = counter; cin >> songMinutes...
[2 replies] Last: it depends on value of 'totalSongs' while ( counter <= totalSongs ... (by ak16)
Input from doc

Sorry for the repost I deleted the first one cause i thought i figured it out. Im writing code to calculate how many videos will fit on a DVD that can store 12...
[2 replies] Last: I basically figured it out hopefully i really need two question answer... (by dragonslayerealize)
Problems with operator++() and operator--()

I keep getting errors from hese functions. I am mind boggled. Any suggestions?? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> using names...
[2 replies] Last: 1>------ Build started: Project: Lab5, Configuration: Debug Win32 ----... (by JBIRD304)
Need H3lp With Simple Program

How would I add elements to create a menu at the end of the program asking to start the program over again? // // main.cpp // ShapeCalculations ...
[2 replies] Last: How would the while() loop look in the program? Where would brackets b... (by IvoryGiant)
by maxmck
Equation outputs the same number no matter what inputs!

Ok so I am having to do this project for school and it is where we use function s to compute all these different numbers related to heat transfer in a house. In...
[2 replies] Last: I figured it out, I had Nusselt(ra) even though right above it I had z... (by maxmck)
Need help: Linked List, reverse List

I'm trying to write a reverse linked list code The input, output is all ok. Something is wrong in this code but it seem logical to me so can someone point the ...
[7 replies] Last: I got it working so thank you so much This is my code after void r... (by BlackSnowZ)
Last element in vector

Is there a way to say "while the value stored in the last element in the vector is greater than 9" in C++?
[2 replies] Last: thanks! (by heyyouyesyouiloveyou)
Generating Math Problems (2)

I made a post about an hour ago with a problem I was having with an assignment, and now I'm having trouble with the second part. Here's what the assignment say...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your help~ (by mymalibu8)
Parse Date, Why doesn't this code work?!

Just trying to parse a stupid date, and for some reason it works as it's going a long, but as I parse each subsequent chunk the previous chunks are getting all ...
[no replies]
Need help for a new game.

Im having trouble on ROBLOX. Im making a new car game on there and I can't get the player's character to be dissappear/want the player to control the model "Fo...
[1 reply] : *facedesk* (by closed account iG6A7k9E)
by venros
Spaceship coordinates - structures

Hi guys, Im having trouble with the while loop, its exiting the loop if either x or y is above the specified limit, and not both. #include <cstdlib> ...
[no replies]
Generating Math Problems

Hello! I'm having a little bit of trouble getting this program to run and show the correct output. Here is what I was assigned to do: Write a C++ progra...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the help, got it to run well! I just posted another questi... (by mymalibu8)
What is the definition of "Object"

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/structures/ Regarding the new de-reference operator, the tutorial uses the phrase: exclusively with pointers to ob...
[5 replies] Last: When I say template I mean what is an object made up of (blueprint) ot... (by giblit)
Finishing touches to my first project C++

I have been slightly over-ambitious with my first project and need a little bit of help if that's ok. I need to convert the returnChar function to be able to re...
[3 replies] Last: the u1, u2, v portion is the extended Euclidean algorithm so using "al... (by MichaelRad)
by ArnauB
I NEED SOME HELP WITH OBJECTS

I would like to know how to call the methods of the class. I have an object call v which is an array and I don't how to call the methods of the class. The error...
[4 replies] Last: YES OF COURSE: The number format is: YYYYMMDD EXAMPLE: 20141130 void... (by ArnauB)
by Naulee
For loop triangle

I've been searching all over the internet for a help with a triangle program that I can't make any sense of. The instructor wants the triangle to be equilateral...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much I figured it out! (by Naulee)
For some reason, my write position sets itself to -1

I've looked this over and I just cannot figure it out. Towards the end of this class member function, I typed cout << recordsFile.tellp()and it keeps telling me...
[1 reply] : Solved! I had cleared the end of file marker in my last code.. Don't k... (by Notamongsheep)
by xx1182
How to load an os?

I mean how can i load a proper Operating System? I need to configure a bootloader then the bootloader starts my program? I mean what basically is loaded into ...
[1 reply] : http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/36907/How-to-develop-your-own-Boot... (by MiiNiPaa)
Stock class

I am having trouble with this program I am not sure if I have the functions declared properly and what I need to call them? I am especially confused about the d...
[no replies]
February 2014 Pages: 12345... 60
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.