Beginners - March 2014 (Page 3)

by swrowe
I need help display the number of matching values of two arrays, help would be very much appreciated.

The computers suppose to pick 5 random numbers and they get stored in an array. The user is also suppose to pick five numbers and to be put in an array. Then I'...
[no replies]
by nkama
change value for 2d array from input file and write the changed value into output file

Hello! I'm a new with this programming. Currently, I am working with 2D array from input file, and need to change the value from it to new value and write in...
[no replies]
Lists...

//sorry i am trying to create a list using a pointer to the next struct //PROBLEMS: //with dev-cpp: //1. when i try to print the list the output has no sense...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you to y'all! It s of course of the line 65, because I am alloca... (by closed account jvqpDjzh)
by KREB
C++ programs that deals with loops, I need major help!!!!!

I'm trying to write a C++ program for my CSCI class that will allow a user to input a number from the keyboard. Then using a loop, that will perform 10 times, m...
[2 replies] Last: Then using a loop, that will perform 10 times If there's a set numb... (by wildblue)
Problems with choice loop

I'm working on a simple card game program that I want to display all player's cards and the deck when prompted to. At the beginning of the game I have a simple ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. I'm using the same code at several places throughout my pro... (by Kigali1)
Breaking out in loops

Alright, I am really new and I don't know how to properly negotiate break outs. The below code is mostly a menu shell. If you go to option 1, its a elementa...
[1 reply] : I figured it out. For reference: I removed my "break;" statements a... (by Bluebaron)
Deletings leaves with a certain value

I am trying to delete a leaf with a certain value from a binary tree. However when I delete the node,the program hangs. It would be great if i could get some po...
[1 reply] : What happens if you change line 15 from if to else if ?... (by long double main)
Problem Returning Calculated Value

I'm trying to get through an assignment and I'm a little lost on the two parts. The homework assignment is asking us to determine pay increase for employee's ba...
[3 replies] Last: If you want the function to update values of variables declared in the... (by wildblue)
Prime numbers below 25

Hi all! New to programing and to this forum. Hoping to get some feedback on my code. I want to find all prime numbers below 25. The code I have compiled curr...
[12 replies] Last: Think I got it...thanks for all the help! (by Tulips725)
String Code??

I am trying to create a code where when day or night is entered, the program will tell you if you are working shift one or shift 2. Any help would be appreciate...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your help! It's all squared away! (by liz510019)
by dayan1
Prime number function

I am writing a code for asking a user for a number between 3 and 100, and determining if its prime. I have 90% of the code written, and it works but I am strugg...
[3 replies] Last: What i meant is that isprime(num) should loop through all numbers betw... (by ccsdude)
by ma72
passing function as a arguement

I read this page about passing function as a arguement on http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/6596/ and i tried it myself but some error is popping up and ...
[2 replies] Last: ohh yes , though i had to read again and again, but i got it.Thank! I ... (by ma72)
while loop?

Okay, yet another question. This time, it has to do with while loops. Let me paste the code first. #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std...
[3 replies] Last: userselection is assign "no" --> Is userselction "yes"? False, do n... (by Daleth)
by admkrk
Suggestions to improve code

Hi, I'm trying to get my brain working again and running through a new (to me) book. One of the exercises is this: Make a vector holding the ten string value...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys, It is a bit tricky having both the numbers and having th... (by admkrk)
Authentication

Hello, this is my first post so please bare with me. I'm currently working on an assignment, but have ran into a little bit of trouble. Below is the part I'm st...
[3 replies] Last: Sure, this is the identity encoding #include <string> #include <iostr... (by ne555)
overloading asignment operator

I'm trying to overload the assignment operator to work with my class "MyFloat" which is just a string of numbers that represents a value between 0 and 1. when a...
[1 reply] : const MyFloat &MyFloat::operator=(const char Number ) const explai... (by ne555)
Need help allowing only 2 attempts for user

So I'm trying to make a function that determines whether a year is a leap year or not. However, I want to give the user only 2 chances to input a year and then ...
[1 reply] : Use a loop: int tries = 2; while (tries--) { if user enters a yea... (by Duthomhas)
Code Help Needed Variable initialization error

Here is my Code the goal is to calculate the pool size(volume), then convert to gallons, then to calculate the cost to fill the pool using a fill rate of 10 min...
[3 replies] Last: Here's an example. (I generally try to use different variable names in... (by wildblue)
Char Pointers and the Undeclared Identifer Error

I'm getting the following error when I run my code below, "error C2065: 'board' : undeclared identifier". I believe my complier is complaining saying board hasn...
[1 reply] : Update: I tried to run my code today and my complier no longer had tha... (by JRimmer)
control structures, repetition:

I am new to C++. I am teaching myself using a friends textbook. There is an assignment at the end of the control structures (repetition) chapter in my text bo...
[4 replies] Last: AbstractionAnon, Thanks for your suggestion. This was not in the desc... (by ddrake44)
March 2014 Pages: 12345... 79
  Archived months: [feb2014] [apr2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.