Beginners - March 2014 (Page 2)

Having trouble

I am hoping for a small bit of help. I have built a save and load button for a objects program. But I haven't seen any documentation on how to save from pressin...
[no replies]
array duplicates new to c++

hi can anyone help me with the implementation of is_not_duplicate please? need to enter numbers in an array, and as the array is read print it, as long as it is...
[3 replies] Last: you can you bsearch() function, which returns pointer to the first-f... (by rich1)
Unknown Error Message

Not sure what it means, or what is triggering this error. #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> #include <stdlib.h> #include <math....
[3 replies] Last: Line 10: int copysearch(); Line 53: int copysearch(int copyarrray ) ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Array incrementation

Hi I have the following program that fills that array from 0 to 19. I however want the array to be filled from 0 to 90 in increments of 5. How do i go abou...
[4 replies] Last: You could check the value of the loop counter before filling the tanTh... (by wildblue)
Problem vector 3D

Helo everyone today i have a doubt about the code below , it's about the management of the vector in 3D , afteer show you the code then i have the specifics que...
[10 replies] Last: Your attribute "contenu" is private. Isn't it an issue with accessing ... (by mystere)
Array to Vector

Hi I made this program that randomly generates an array and then displays the array in reverse order. I would like to know how would you program this exact...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks (by JasonMcG)
Operator Overloading?

Hello! I'm trying to overload the + operator to have it add together two complex numbers. This is my code thus far: main.cpp #include <iostream> #incl...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, I see! Thank you! (by ECEsasha)
how to stop my if statement executing more than once

hi I'm currently creating text based game, which involves a character levelling up after he reaches a certain amount of experience. however every time player ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the quick answers guys., can't believe it's such an easy f... (by luckylarv)
Acii Tree

hi, Im trying to write a program that displays an upside down triangle.I'm only able to dispay a normal one. PLEASE HELP!! #include <iostream> u...
[4 replies] Last: You should try using std::setw/std::setfill http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by giblit)
pointer and type failure with array in a class

Hello, I am new to this forum. Please help me out here thankz. Hi, anyone like to offer some extra eyes on this problem? I am having trouble with the array ...
[3 replies] Last: and why are you doing this: NumClass myArray(a_size); // name for in... (by mutexe)
by csharp
commission program

Suppose you are a salesman, selling widgets, working on a commission. Your company pays you monthly commission according to the following: For the first 10 w...
[2 replies] Last: thank you, but it didn't work for other one 1000200 (by csharp)
reading from a file

Hi, if I am reading from a text, and I only want the words , what should I do? for example, "Hi, I am a boy." and I only want Hi I am a boy. is there...
[2 replies] Last: I want to read everything with out punctuation and numbers. And I wan... (by closed account oLC9216C)
Using atoi to get inputs after prompting the user?

Hello! I'm really new to using atoi and I've only really used it as shown below: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; int main(int a...
[1 reply] : You are not using printf for output. You are using std::cout. That sh... (by keskiverto)
Function Calls

So, I'm working on functions and I'm trying to get everything together but when I try to build the program I receive an error stating: "error c3861: 'toDigits...
[13 replies] Last: Oh, that example is great! It makes it easier to put the image in my h... (by sierranm)
Using atoi to get inputs?

Hello! I'm really new to using atoi and I've only really used it as shown below: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; int ma...
[2 replies] Last: Yup, just like that (by ECEsasha)
BOOLEAN EXPRESSION BUG

Write your question here. Why doesn't the program enter the while loop in the foo function? // buggy program // // #include <cstdio> #include <io...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your response. I found the problem. The Boolean express... (by phztfte1)
PASSING COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS

Write your question here. I passed Hello World as the command argument using the Debugger. My output does not come out as expected. I get a page of garbage a...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much. (by phztfte1)
passing string variable into char Array

I have program where i have to check to see if file exist, if it does not then it needs to be created. SO I have a read file that works fine, if th efile exist ...
[9 replies] Last: I resolved it, This code works //Create a file, append to it, and r... (by dariusd7)
help with this function please

Im tryint to write a program that lists each individual digit of an integer and then take the sum of those digits. The program runs but doesnt produce anything....
[1 reply] : Remove the return type when you actually call the function. int d... (by wildblue)
.eof infinite loop help

so im trying to read an unspecified amount of data from a file. I tried using the .eof function to end the loop when there is no more data to view, but it is gi...
[1 reply] : http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq/istream-and-eof.html (by ne555)
March 2014 Pages: 1234... 79
  Archived months: [feb2014] [apr2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.