Beginners - March 2014 (Page 78)

GUI programming

I have used Qt to create GUI program in C++, but i have given up in trying to statically compile Qt. i have moved on to microsoft visual studio 2013, the questi...
[2 replies] Last: The thing is i have tried really hard to make QT static, and i am stil... (by butterfingerss)
Tic-Tac-Toe program

I have a project where I have to create a tic tac toe game with a computer AI. The AI isn't really an AI, as we have to create 3 different scenarios in which th...
[2 replies] Last: This link might be useful;http://www.wikihow.com/Win-at-Tic-Tac-Toe It... (by jasongog)
by Omnia
way to make the c++ read without using sentinel

need a way to make my program read info like this. i have this in my assignment: 1463491 Ali 4 72 65 81 85 1730005 Yousef 5 91 82 94 75 87 ...
[5 replies] Last: yes and i didn't notice that the number after the name is for the num... (by Omnia)
Could someone please help me?

Given a text file that is syntactically correct C + + program text. Count how many assignment operators (=, + =, * = - =, / =,% =) contains given program. Y...
[1 reply] : Read to first two characters, say f and s. If s is '=' and f is not '... (by ats15)
Maze Game

Hi. Im making a game where you can move a player around a maze. It works, i can move all around except it will move through the walls. I have some classes for a...
[9 replies] Last: SOmething like that. Or you can have world and player independed on ea... (by MiiNiPaa)
Scanning the number of letters and numbers in a string

Hello, I have an assignment to write a code that will ask for a licence plate and in return will answer whether it is a regular, a custom or incorrect. Sinc...
[3 replies] Last: std::string line; //Declare variable called line of type of std::stri... (by MiiNiPaa)
Access violation reading location

Hello, I need to read this txt file but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong? Here's my reading function IT; Name Nameeee, IF-3/12 5 4 8 9 10 3 10 Martyb G...
[1 reply] : Are you sure that kiek++ never gets bigger than the size of Paz? (by Peter87)
Pointer assignment and exceptions

I've been playing around try/catch blocks and pointers, and I've seen behaviour that I haven't been able to explain so far. #include <iostream> using nam...
[2 replies] Last: I made a clean build and now it works fine. Anyway, thanks for taking ... (by Nenekonesha)
TRANSLATING FROM C TO C++

How do you convert this code to be C++ code, I know you use the #include locale, string, iostream and so on. /* toupper example */ #include <stdio.h> ...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=john1] I have not learned the std::transform. So start learnin... (by MiiNiPaa)
Use of cctype library(new to programming)

I am trying to write a program to check the security level of a user input password. The program is supposed to report the security level based on the followi...
[8 replies] Last: I suggest you to reread your textbooks. Or at least read array tutoria... (by MiiNiPaa)
SetWindowText() method doesn't work if called from outside

Hello there In CWindow.cpp, I instantiate a Controller. In the constructor of the class 'Controller', the method 'changeTextField' is called that should set ...
[1 reply] : I just found an answer for that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/1256... (by theRunner)
Tic Tac Toe Level 4 Stars

Hi everyone, I'm doing Tic Tac Toe exercise and I have a bad ass problem in some section of my code,(but may be it's a very simple problem for you), here's the ...
[11 replies] Last: Haha that's it why I call it a silly question :p LOL.. As I said I was... (by LuminaChen)
Need Help With getline and C-Strings

Hello, I'm trying to write a program that reads lines from a txt file and stores one line into a C-String (array of char) not a C++ String Object, using the ifs...
[2 replies] Last: That is what I was looking for, I want to write this without the use o... (by Valandu)
by hdn
How to calculate left or right vector

I know that 2 vector is perpendicular when x1*x2 + y1*y2 (+ z1*z2) =0, not to mention 3D, just talk about 2D. I still have no ideal how to calculate a left or r...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks keskiverto, It's just so simple :) Vector2 GetLeftVector(Vect... (by hdn)
by QataJo
Just a little help

Hello everyone I am here about a question on an assignment of mine. The question is due tomorrow so please correct my mistake rather than dropping hints. I norm...
[1 reply] : First, please you code tags: select all your code and click the '<>' b... (by TwilightSpectre)
why this syntax works?

why this odd syntax works? instead of writing a i wrote i but it still work normal why?? char a ; cin>>a; for(int i=0;i<10;i++) { cout<<i ; }...
[2 replies] Last: Dish! thanks i understand .. (by muddaser)
I Have No Idea How To Make These Dynamic Arrays Work

I'm trying to fill up an array with characters from a file and then pass it back to the main function so I can sort of juggle all the information I'll be gather...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> // http://w... (by JLBorges)
by jazume
Trouble printing an arrow

Here I've tried to separate the arrow by pritning the top part then the longest and last the opposite of the top piece. I worked my way form the inside out with...
[2 replies] Last: oh lord, ill never understand the silly exercises they make you do to ... (by sky3)
raspberry pi

i would really like to learn how to control things and use a raspberry pi but have no ideas please contribute.
[1 reply] : I love raspberry pie. (by IceThatJaw)
Fixing a function to build a Huffman tree

I'm trying to write a program to build a Huffman tree. I asked about this in the General C++ Programming forum, and got a solution, but I can't use the code as ...
[1 reply] : Hi andrew241, Unfortunately, reposting your problem in the beginners ... (by TheIdeasMan)
March 2014 Pages: 1... 76777879
  Archived months: [feb2014] [apr2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.