Beginners - October 2015 (Page 57)

Reading contents from a .txt file & inserting into an array + more [HELP!]

I need this program to prompt the user to enter a filename (a .txt file), find the specified file, read the contents of the file (any amount of numbers separate...
[1 reply] : Not sure how to get this program to flow with all of these functions t... (by Shadowdevo)
Kaiji

Can you help me with my game, like i need a code for something like this: there are 6 cards, 1 card of Emperor, 1 card of Slave,and 4 cards of Citizen. An A...
[1 reply] : Ok for an easy time I would recommend using a vector/array of strings.... (by YFGHNG)
Need Help With My Code

So pretty much all I have to do is put a "-" between any double vowels that are in the word that I input into the array. So far I am able to get the word spread...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { char vowel = {... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by BEARS
Strings, if, else, while loops, Roman Numerals...

I have to make a program that converts numbers into Roman Numerals, but I have to use strings, and while loops. I am very new to programming and I am not sure ...
[3 replies] Last: @OP, @Duoas is suggesting for you to use a c_string, which is basicall... (by YFGHNG)
why do i get letters when multiplying numbers?

how do i make it so that i don't get letters when i multiply two numbers #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() { char binar...
[11 replies] Last: Whatever that's supposed to mean. I guess we'll have to put it down to... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Giving Truth Value

How do I give truth value to a C++ Statement? This is an example Give the truth value for statements: If the values given are: a=5, b=2, c=9, d=13 ...
[2 replies] Last: 1. a > b Is that true or false given the values stated for a, b, c & d... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
using recursion and a ternary operator

Preface: This is a homework assignment. I am working on a project my Professor has given to the class that requires us to count the number of bits a base 2 n...
[4 replies] Last: So to address this piece of code: return (x&2!=0) ? (bitCounter(x%2)(... (by YFGHNG)
whats wrong with my code?

Thanks...
[7 replies] Last: OMG... thank you so much! Can't believe it... (by Pollycode)
check my binary to decimal code please.

i'm trying to convert a binary number into a decimal but i get big numbers for some reason. #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cmath> using nam...
[3 replies] Last: Don't double post on same problem. (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by mentat
adding up multiple numbers

Hello i am writing a simple program that will take in numbers from a user and add them all up. When the user enters 0 the program will stop taking input from th...
[5 replies] Last: Then change the code so that it works? If you understand the code you ... (by integralfx)
There's something wrong with this code...really ez I know

I can't find my error but I know its REALLY EASY if you have the eyes for it. I'm having the user input 5 Grades at once so it will calculate the Average an...
[3 replies] Last: > I can't find my error but I know its REALLY EASY if you have the eye... (by JLBorges)
Debugging the error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion

Hi all, I'm relatively new to C++ and trying to create libraries. This library contains a function that shortens strings into the length given by the user. The ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh wow, that cleared everything up. Thank you! (by CrashNebula)
October 2015 Pages: 1... 555657
  Archived months: [sep2015] [nov2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.