Beginners - November 2015

by svon
Loop not working

When I run my program the loop (for (R=0; R<=14; R++)) is only running five times and I cannot figure out why. for ( R=0; R<=14; R++)//running 5 time? { sum1=...
[1 reply] : R=Rmin; Why are you changing R inside your loop? PLEASE USE COD... (by AbstractionAnon)
by sep11
Error message pops up, working with functions and external files

I'm working on a program that will read an undetermined number of real number triplets from an external data file. The triplets represent 3 possible sides of a ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks AbstractionAnon! That worked and my file is compiling. I'm not... (by sep11)
set value in tow dimensional array as stating point

hello i have a project in my class and i have to build 2D array n*n and n value must enterd by the user after that i have to ask the user to enter the starti...
[no replies]
by vkosty
Array not being assigned correct value.

My objective in this assignment is to enter votes for each politician based on user input of votes. The part that is currently giving me problems is where I am ...
[2 replies] Last: @TarikNeaj Thank you. (by vkosty)
Why doesn't my counter work in my recursive function?

I'm trying to use a counter in this recursive function below and it doesn't seem to be counting each time but only once. Why is it doing this and how can I fix ...
[4 replies] Last: Ohhh okay I see! I didn't realize I wasn't passing count on the the ne... (by vaultDweller)
Tic Tac Toe 4X4 issue

Hi. I´m trying to program a Tic Tac Toe 4X4. I almost get the code, but i got the following error when I try to compile it in the line 118: ¨error iso c++ ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks Mr Impact :). I have already solved the problem. You are the b... (by Aragorn64)
pointer to smart pointer

How do i convert a pointer to a smart pointer. My program is suffering from memory leak, and seem to be caused by my pointers, after analyzing the issue usi...
[5 replies] Last: I still have to delete it, or remove somehow, before i return it? W... (by jlb)
searching a text file

Hi all. I'm trying to search a text file for certain characters using a switch statement and I cant figure out what's wrong here. thanks for looking.. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the help Mr Impact. I haven't used std::cout. I know thats... (by soundguy)
kl

I need help starting this Write some code you believe would solve this homework problem. Post the source here using code tags, along with any errors you mig...
[17 replies] Last: Awfully suspicious remone... (by DDomjosa)
need help doing math with arrays

im doing some math with arrays, but my output is a lot of garbage, i dont have any errors and cant seem to figure out why it isnt out putting correctly ...
[10 replies] Last: thank you so much (by kerreck)
While loop

Write your question here. i am newbee to c++, i am trying to write program using while loop, i have written code, i know it wrong, please help me Progra...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> int main() { int i = 'a' - 1, j = i; whi... (by DDomjosa)
Int to string

In my game I would like to have a int (the lives the player has) and be able to change this number with my functions and then in each frame display the 'new' ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your response I did exactly what you said for number 2 ... (by FighterCoder)
by Aideux
Linked Lists Program

So, I'm trying to write a program where the user inputs 5 integers, and then the program uses linked lists to sort the integers as they are added to the list. U...
[no replies]
Need help w/ program assignment cmpsc121

Write a program that requests a factorial position from the user and calculates it using recursion
[2 replies] Last: For recursion, you'll need two parts. A stop condition, and the callin... (by YFGHNG)
Can someone help me...High Card Game

The game is as follows. The program asks the user the seed for random number generation. Then it fills the card deck and shuffles the deck, just like in the ba...
[4 replies] Last: Compiles fine too for me. To make it easier say what you can say at th... (by crazyjoshua27)
Need help with getting the if else statement to work properly

I am writing a program that takes the service code (either 'R' for regular or 'P' for premium)and calculates a cell phone bill. I am having a problem getting th...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help! Both were simple things, and things I knew, but f... (by Supplementing)
Changing a library source file

I am using the MRPT library and i have an issue with a sourcefile called CClientTCPSocket_common.cpp when I edit the part that is not working it is not imple...
[5 replies] Last: You are correct about MS VS, I know it well! ;) What can you tell me ... (by koothkeeper)
Problem with calculating possibilities

Hi everybody, since I got great help concerning my last question I decided to post my other problem here as well. The task is to write a program which calcul...
[5 replies] Last: Hi - please check your messages. (by Chervil)
by cj33
Structures adding inFile

I'm having trouble getting the data from the files into the program. when i run it, it gives a value of 0 for everything. thanks in advance to anyone that can h...
[2 replies] Last: I'm having trouble getting the data from the files into the program. ... (by jlb)
Using shared_pointer in classes?

solved
[14 replies] Last: IMO, you want to shoot an ant that it's standing on your foot. `BothTr... (by ne555)
November 2015 Pages: 123... 53
  Archived months: [oct2015] [dec2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.