Beginners - November 2015 (Page 3)

by z174
Random is not so Random

I've tried my best, but I just cannot seem to find the problem with this code. What it is supposed to happen is: Player 1 draws a card Player 2 draws a card (...
[5 replies] Last: @ne555, Oh my goodness! Thank you so much. That fixed my problem. :D ... (by z174)
by ottob
Polymorphism

I am needing help with polymorphism. I have no clue how to work with this. I have to write a program that creates an Orc and a Human and demonstrates the behavi...
[1 reply] : This is my code. #include <iostream> #include "Character.h" #incl... (by ottob)
Throw catch on vector.erase() fails to prevent crash?

try { file_parts.erase(file_parts.begin()+i-1, file_parts.begin()+i+1); } catch (exception e) { return false; } I'm trying to erase indexes that don't exis...
[2 replies] Last: ah ok thanks. Now I know to RTFM :) (by elanhickler)
by RAF
String Function

Write your question here.Create a C++ program that accepts the position (cashier or bagger) of ten workers at Ashton Wholesale, as well as the total number of s...
[2 replies] Last: ok (by RAF)
by RAF
Fibonacci Sequence

Write your question here.Create a C++ program that accepts two numbers as the first entry in a Fibonacci sequence and subsequently the two numerical values are ...
[2 replies] Last: hi friend (by RAF)
by RAF
String Function

Write your question here.Develop a C++ program that accepts the names and years of ten movies that were released between 1990 and 2009 (you must include validat...
[2 replies] Last: hello (by RAF)
by kocka
GetMouseMovePointsEx()

Yo guys! I am trying to make a program which blocks the movement of the mouse, so the person can't move his mouse. I could get the resolution of the window(I w...
[7 replies] Last: Ok, I found an easier way....Will take a look at the GetMouseMovePoint... (by kocka)
Help

Write your question here. Using base #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <windows.h> #include <fstream> using names...
[1 reply] : Please, use code tags (the <> formatting button) when posting code. I... (by chicofeo)
Convert java code to c++

i have a code here that needs to be translated into c++ any ideas #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include<string.h> int main(int consecle...
[2 replies] Last: thanks man it worked great on my compiler its great to know that there... (by akanash94)
My code doesn't work

Why doensn't my 2. scan work? :( #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; int main() { int x=0; printf("Transformations\n"); printf("...
[4 replies] Last: No problem! Good luck! And please check this as answered. (by koothkeeper)
In need of professional help!

So I'm making a hangman game and the problem I'm having involves me using a random number generator in order to pick a line from a text file. As such I get a r...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much ^ it worked when I took line 8 and changed int num =... (by samram64)
Help with using private members in other classes

I'm pretty new to programming as a whole, and I have a question about private members and stuff. Alright, so let's say I have two classes. class A { publi...
[5 replies] Last: ¿how do you expect the compiler to figure out that `RandomObject' ref... (by ne555)
Please! Help Beginner

As many times as the user wants, play a guessing game with the user. The program randomly selects a secret number in the range [1,100], then lets the user guess...
[8 replies] Last: You are absolutely correct. (by chicofeo)
What does the path need to look like for boost::canonical to work?

Why does boost::filesystem::canonical give error on this? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <boost/filesystem.hpp> using namespace std; int ma...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks! resolved. (by elanhickler)
Help with recursive function?

Hello, I'm writing an assignment that prints out these number that change if the user entered number is a certain value (see code). This is done with a recursiv...
[1 reply] : If you want to reverse the order of the output, simply move the output... (by cire)
How can I make this power program?

Write a program to print the following output by calculating the result. 2^1 , 4^3, 6^5, 8^5, … , n^(n-1) Where n is an even number. I can't make this. J...
[2 replies] Last: 2^1 , 4^3, 6^5, 8^5 Shouldnt it be 8^7? It's quite simple. Create ... (by TarikNeaj)
Illegal else without matching if?

I'm doing a project for school that calculates tax rates. I just started and I wanted to test it out. I never had this problem with "else if" statements before....
[2 replies] Last: Silly me. How could I be so stupid! Anyway thanks! (by JoeyMan86)
by noodel
2+4+6+..+n

n is given. Whats the sum of 2+4+6+..+n? Use only for loop. I have no idea what to put inside the loop. int main() { int i,n; cin>>n; for(i=2;i<n+1;i=i+2){ ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! (by noodel)
Doubly Linked List

Hey, i have to write a doubly linked list of at least 5 elements and output the string data attribute for each link, and write an add method and a delete method...
[no replies]
Where do i put 'sf::RenderWindow?'

Question is in the comments section of my code. But in short i don't know where to my sf::RenderWindow main.cpp #include "stdafx.h" #include "EventHandli...
[10 replies] Last: You're very welcome :) (by TarikNeaj)
November 2015 Pages: 12345... 53
  Archived months: [oct2015] [dec2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.