Beginners - November 2015 (Page 2)

ifstream error

It works fine until I remove grade from following line. inFile >> Name >> Course >> Age >> Grade; SAMPLE.txt is given below. Name Course Age Grade Nasir ...
[2 replies] Last: You have an error on line 16 because 0.0 is a double and a narrowing c... (by Peter87)
What data structure should i use?

I am looking for a data structure, which is capable storing a large amount a data. the data structure need to be able to sort the data quickly, and find certain...
[4 replies] Last: If you are interested in the data structures that these containers use... (by Peter87)
beginner

pls help me with this output i dont know what to do :( using c++ codes only here's the output . super thank you to those who will hwlp :) -------------------...
[1 reply] : This is the broadest question I had seen so far. This is not a homewor... (by chicofeo)
What is this error?

Trying sieve of eratosthenes but stuck at start. What is this error? In file included from alpha.cpp:1:0: std_lib_facilities.h: In instantiation of ‘T& Vec...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <vector> int main() { std::cout <<... (by JLBorges)
Can someone help me ?

Hello guys, I recently started to study the C++ language and my teacher gave me an assignment to write a code for a program.But I have a a problem. SO what ...
[2 replies] Last: I think I fixed it so everything should be ok now. But thanks for the ... (by cskarche96)
by ohad
why is it breaking ?

why is it breaking ? // ConsoleApplication22.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> ...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=ohad]I want to start the strings from n letters after the start... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Program loops forever at do while loop

Hi, I'm new to c++ programming. Really, really new. I am attempting to write a code that allows me to list all the games I have using iterators, and the prog...
[1 reply] : Nuh uh bro. You're doing quite well for a first program. Believe it or... (by keanedawg)
How To Create a Menu

Help me i need to create a Menu Like this Menu Seasons of the year BINGO My Loop Exit The program can only exit when the user chooses 4...
[6 replies] Last: We're really sorry too. We don't mean to be harsh. You shouldn't be ex... (by keanedawg)
Value of int doesnt decrease

Hello, I made a simple game, there are two unit(player and enemy) and has three skills(Basic Attack,Heal,and Special Attack),here's my problem whenever a unit u...
[2 replies] Last: Hello TheIdeasMan, thank you for your reply,greatly appreciate it :) (by RandomGeek)
2D Array n*n

hello I have a project I have to end it in three days from now This is the project:- http://postimg.org/image/ahosql5mx/ I do not know how to make the use...
[2 replies] Last: int x , y , w , z , s , e , o , k , l; You have created tons of va... (by TarikNeaj)
by RAF
Parallel array's

Write your question here.With the aid of parallel arrays, how do I write a C++ program that accepts the gender, name and marital status of 10 persons. the progr...
[4 replies] Last: I believe this is the point where we clarify some things. @OP, we are ... (by YFGHNG)
find a sequence consecutive or not

Hello forum, I am having trouble to formulate a simple algorithm.Check the following sequence: s = {....... 4,5,6,7,8,9................} H...
[1 reply] : for( some counter; counter < sequence.length(); ++counter ) { if(... (by YFGHNG)
<Class> does not name a type compilation error

I get this error and I don't know why... #ifndef ABILITY_H #define ABILITY_H #include <iostream> #include "Entity.h" using namespace std; class Ability {...
[4 replies] Last: @daverave1212 If you need to use Entity in Ability and vice versa, the... (by TarikNeaj)
Return a Pointer

I'm stuck in here, just need some tips to complete this. string *fullName = new string ; allocates an array dynamically, that is, while the program is runnin...
[4 replies] Last: thank you very much chikofeo (by alirezam)
How to create a menu

Help me i need to create a Menu Like this Menu Seasons of the year BINGO My Loop Exit The program can only exit when the user chooses 4...
[3 replies] Last: // a simple menu #include <iostream> int main() { unsigned short... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Reading from text files and extracting items

I am reading values from a text file and was wondering how I would extract each item and store it as a variable. Example: 00003, 0002, Vegas Storing each...
[2 replies] Last: All i'm doing right now is outputting the file's contents if (readF... (by vikillav)
Something is wrong with my switch statement.

I can do case 1 in this code, but I can't seem to do case 2. The errors I seem to get are: http://36.media.tumblr.com/7b94e5f3264e998f8f162cfdb8e461e6/tumblr...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks!! I got it fixed! (by ruroni24)
by RAF
3 parallel arrays

Write your question here. With the aid of three parallel arrays, accept the name of six songs, the artists who sang the songs, as well as the play count for eac...
[11 replies] Last: oh ok (by RAF)
sizeof() with vectors

hi! vector<bool> b(9,true); cout<<sizeof(b); //show 40 and not 2 why it show 40?, i hope it show 2 because vector<bool> use a bit. //sorry for...
[2 replies] Last: sizeof is computed at compile time. all objects of the same class have... (by ne555)
getline() question

This function is really confusing me. In some code, getline works as expected but other times, the compiler seemingly skips over it. I've been trying to recogni...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10553597/cin-and-getline-skipping-i... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
November 2015 Pages: 1234... 53
  Archived months: [oct2015] [dec2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.