Beginners - October 2018 (Page 24)

vectors

i need help with add topping function , can someone help. im new to vectors . #include<iostream> #include<string> #include<vector> using namespace std...
[1 reply] : You don’t need to initialise objects like std::string and std::vecto... (by Enoizat)
decreasing value of multiple of 3

hello, i'm learning c language program and want to make a program to decrease the value of multiple of 3 by 1 accumulatively, i.e. : 3 = 2 6 = 4 9 = 6.......
[7 replies] Last: thank you for all that took the time to reply (by closed account Gv7fLyTq)
by libi
for loop, storing int into string variable

So you're to put a value for "a" and a value for "b" and the for loop is to return a string that contains those values and the values between them counting up l...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you! I got the desired output I was looking for. That helped a l... (by libi)
Order execution platform

Hi I thought a good programming exercise might be designing an order execution platform for stocks. E.g. matching buy order and sell orders Does anyone ha...
[2 replies] Last: no, i suppose not thinking about it, i'm not even that sure how the o... (by rozick1)
Monte Carlo Compiler

Hello. I'm not new to C++ necessarily, I've been using it for years for programming odds and ends for robotics and making apps. Recently was tasked to try out u...
[1 reply] : Hi, welcome. Visual Studio is great for most purposes. And it isn't ju... (by Ganado)
While loop issue

Can someone tell me why my while loop on my homework only runs once? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main(){ ...
[2 replies] Last: lmao naughty me thank you for your help. (by griffingradke)
Homework Help

Given any four positive integers a, b, c, d, you can find four more integers as: | a - b |, | b - c |, | c - d |, | d - a | Find the absolute value of the...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you. (by griffingradke)
by Cairus
Function with 2 variable issue, homework help

My code is outputting what is required of it, but when it is run the function output is being placed at the beginning of the cout<< statement and where it is su...
[2 replies] Last: Well, that fixes it. Figured it had to be something simple. Suppose ... (by Cairus)
by DellXT
HALP.

[8 replies] Last: N machines after all. The first loop is quite easy: vector<string> f... (by keskiverto)
Value returning and non value returning functions

Hey, homework help, so I'm only asking if anyone can tell me which section of my code needs fixin'. My program has 2 non main functions. One that takes a numbe...
[2 replies] Last: The use of functions: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/functions/... (by keskiverto)
STD and <cmath>

Hello everybody. I have a question. Does function of <cmath> sqrt() or pow() require std:: or using namespace std? If it doesn't, I got no question :D, but if i...
[7 replies] Last: Note that unix users have 'unistd'. Its catching too, first in one f... (by jonnin)
I need help with a Molecular Dynamics question

I'm trying to do this question and I can not figure out how to. Molecular dynamics is a computer simulation method for studying the physical movements of...
[3 replies] Last: Write a C script You don't appear to be doing this either. You're co... (by jlb)
Returning output of "Floating point exception (core dumped)"

I'm trying to have the user input the number of particles (N), and return random x, y, and z values for each particle. But i have to limit the velocity of each ...
[3 replies] Last: Something like this, perhaps: #include <iostream> #include <random> ... (by JLBorges)
by AL88
Why is the output not working properly?

Why is the output not working properly? I am sure I have copied it exactly from my book. #include <iostream> #include <string.h> // Rudimentary stri...
[3 replies] Last: Actually, I was thrown by your very poor indentation in String::operat... (by lastchance)
Not understaning what went wrong. I'm new at c++

I've been trying to find how to correct the errors in my code even though it says it in my solutions. I still need a little assistance to connect the dots. ...
[2 replies] Last: Errors found at first sight: 1. char ; in main() (Line 32) 2. #inc... (by plexus)
Prep for my first lab in C++

I am taking my first coding class this semester, and wanted to get some help with ways to do some of the coding. Below is a non graded practice to help get read...
[11 replies] Last: Did I not say this crap wasn't easy... Anyways, the math error can be... (by Manga)
multiple files

so my bankacct.cpp and mainbankacct.cpp are not compiling . when its in one file it does. bankacct.h #include <iostream> #include <string> using nam...
[2 replies] Last: You to include bankacct.h in your main file as well. Is it really nece... (by Thomas1965)
What Index is in Vectors C++

Hello ! I have this code about finding the max from a vector , i do understand it , but in another code , i have to find the max in vector and his index , i rea...
[2 replies] Last: First a note: code tags <> make posts more readable. See http://www.cp... (by keskiverto)
HELP MODIFYING BANKING PROGRAM

Would someone please point me in the right direction on this assignment? I need to help getting started with this banking program that has both deposit method a...
[1 reply] : Hi, fresh716. How many people have you sent private messages to? This... (by Enoizat)
Recognizing duplicate elements in an array?

How do I make my program output 'duplicate name' for values inside an array? I can't seem to understand how to write it so it will check for a repeated element ...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <set> #include <string> using namespace ... (by lastchance)
October 2018 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 28
  Archived months: [sep2018] [nov2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.