Beginners - October 2018 (Page 25)

problem with memset

hi guys, I seem to be having a problem in SDL,yes I am still playing around with it I'm bored lol so the problem lies mainly with memset,rather it does no...
[5 replies] Last: @adam, it's most likely that 0 is black and 255 is white. That's how i... (by tpb)
Need help but not understanding

So my program and everything works. I just need to be able to allow the user to rerun the program with char y, but it just ends. Do you guys have any ideas? I c...
[18 replies] Last: In a nutshell, it resets the std::cin stream to make it usable again. ... (by Ganado)
quick question

so i dont understand this part . is the program asking to have premade bank account holders or when user enters information through that the program runs ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you for clearing it for me (by poohbear)
C++ Functions

I need help in this question Write a function prototype for a function that prompts the user to type a number, which is then returned as a result. The text...
[2 replies] Last: Actually don't forget the required parameter: int my_function(std::st... (by jlb)
Ignoring whitespace with getline() and assigning variables

Okay, I'm thoroughly confused. My professor assigned a homework assignment which requires me to read an input file, assign text in the input file to variables, ...
[9 replies] Last: Ah okay, thanks @tpb for the explanation. That's a good point @yoland... (by PiggiesGoSqueal)
Pointer to an array

I just need help on how to create a pointer to a list of students and make it a private member of the class. This for my data structures class and is our Progra...
[5 replies] Last: the 10 cent basic version is this: class list { data somedata; ... (by jonnin)
Unable to figure out why assignment not working

Write your question here. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { string first("t"); string second; while (cin>>second); { ...
[3 replies] Last: @keskiverto Thanks, the problem is addressed by removing semicolon. @A... (by bagrarajeev)
explain fragment of code

Im having trouble understanding this code, i see why the first printf outputs 28 seeing as there are 28 characters in the string. but i am confused on the seco...
[2 replies] Last: C strings have a hidden zero character that indicates end of string. ... (by jonnin)
C++ nested for loop in the <map>

How to write the nested for loop to find the repeated value (Duplicate value) in the <map>? In here: map < string, int > myMap; String is word int is ...
[6 replies] Last: to find out if i have a repeated #frequency as value in my map... If... (by keskiverto)
Strange program behaviour

Hey guys I am messing around with SDL I am just getting used to some very simple animation with 2d graphics, anyway for some odd reason I would say about 50%...
[14 replies] Last: thanks guys (by adam2016)
static lib file problems with codeblocks

Hi guys so as a lot of you may know I have been programming on and off in C++ for two years,and this is the first time I have ever used static libraries,I kn...
[4 replies] Last: thanks jlb,that would make sense :) (by adam2016)
Help

Why cant i use this symbol *=(multiplication and equal sign) //2. Stadium Seating There are three seating categories at a stadium. For a softball game, Cla...
[2 replies] Last: Why cant i use this symbol *=(multiplication and equal sign) double... (by MikeyBoy)
checkpin

can someone help with checkpin function please. the pin needs to be true with what you entered. and im having little difficult time #include<iostream> ...
[1 reply] : // receives a PIN number as parameter, returns TRUE if it matches th... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
C++ <Map> find the repeated value!

I have below program in C++. All input passing by command line argument. In here the key is string as word and Value is an int as number of frequency. 1) If th...
[8 replies] Last: Another question that i have here is the Key is word and should be in ... (by jownoller)
Need help with search functions.

My program needs two functions. One to get user input for a student name and search for it in a string array. Another one to display the scores for that student...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> const int NUM_STUDENT = 10; co... (by JLBorges)
Good places to self teach C++

I'm looking to teach myself C++, and I'm looking for some free online resources to help me on my way. Any good youtube series/websites will do :) I've create...
[8 replies] Last: http://www.learncpp.com ^I can't recommend this site enough. (by zapshe)
definition of a container.

just looking for ideas. define a container such that: -each element in it is an std::pair<T1,T2> where T1 might be same as T2 or might differ. - each ite...
[5 replies] Last: guys boost::bimap should be part of std:: ,killed all the birds with o... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
creating a class

Hello, I'm wanting to move portions of my code into separate files. This is what I'm trying to move the code into. I've read chapters of what goes in the heade...
[1 reply] : int main() { // assigns name "file" as an fstream fstream file; ... (by ddaniel10)
Procedure Entry Point not found? (1,2)

Greetings, I tried to compile and run a new small program via windows cmd (I usually use an IDE so I am not experienced at using a terminal). I have 2 sourc...
[28 replies] Last: "gcc (i686-posix-sjlj-rev0, Built by MinGW-W64 project) 7.1.0" I am u... (by PhysicsIsFun)
Concerns with function implementation for c++ project

I'm currently putting together a birthday calculator project in school and am having a hard time getting my code to compile. I am also unsure if my functions ar...
[1 reply] : Your function isValidDate doesn't have a closing } so the next fu... (by Repeater)
October 2018 Pages: 1... 232425262728
  Archived months: [sep2018] [nov2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.