Beginners - October 2018 (Page 5)

Function Issue

I am not getting any syntax errors, however i have a logical error. My function singleNumConvert() does not seem to be working properly as it does not return th...
[3 replies] Last: The loop that prints the array elements is not correct. The first valu... (by Peter87)
cin with arrays and finding distinct elements

Here is the prompt for my assignment. Read a series of numbers into an integer array, until -1 is entered. The input will have at least one number (not countin...
[7 replies] Last: thanks everybody. (by griffingradke)
by kretze
problem with input fiel

hey guys im doing program hangman...so i create ta new txt file called word.txt and now i have problem to input in visaul studio c++ code...i inputit it bun can...
[10 replies] Last: jlb thank you very very much like you said name was words.txt.txt...no... (by kretze)
Error on a simple string pointer

Hello, so below, trying to learn about string and writing this out, watching an example on youtube, when he compiles it works, when i compile and run it, it ...
[3 replies] Last: You're welcome! Glad it helped. (by MikeyBoy)
by AL88
cannot convert bool to BOOL

Why am i getting these same two errors on lines 66 and 90. cannot convert bool to BOOL in return? thanks. #include <iostream> enum LEVEL { NONE,LO...
[6 replies] Last: c++ is case aware. If you accidentally put string instead of String,... (by jonnin)
Help with loops

Hi there! Im a bit struggling with the loop conditions. I need to write a basic program where the user is requested to enter a digit between 1-30 up to 5 times...
[3 replies] Last: Hello wirelesskill, You are welcome. I was working with your code an... (by Handy Andy)
Vector iterator

Greetings, I have troubles understanding the iterator concept with respect to vectors. Consider the following example code: #include <algorithm> #inc...
[4 replies] Last: You're welcome. Glad it helped! (by MikeyBoy)
by Hex213
getcursorpos error

Hi, does anyone know what this error means? Error LNK2028 unresolved token (0A0001F4) "extern "C" int __stdcall GetCursorPos(struct tagPOINT *)" (?GetCursorP...
[5 replies] Last: I do not know what to add. Because getcursorpos is in the windows.h l... (by MikeyBoy)
by Musica
passing array as reference

Can someone explain to me how is array passed in the function? Also, what is the difference of using between &text and (&text) , which has a parenthesis ?...
[3 replies] Last: Passing it by reference as you do means you can't pass an array of 2 ... (by coder777)
Basic calendar output based on the day of the week entered

Hey everyone! So as the title says, I need a c++ basic program that outputs a calendar based on the day of the week and days in a month that is inputted. I.e. 1...
[4 replies] Last: Glad to know I was at least somewhat close haha I do get it now! Your... (by wirelesskill)
Question on placing user input in a table.

So I need to place what the user inputs in a table format but I not sure how to. I need some advice or help to figure out this mind block. This is the question...
[1 reply] : Hi cool code but there is a problem when if(quantity_sold>=price_br... (by saeidsj)
Map Deconstructor Memmory Error

Hi I'm working on an implementation of the Map class and I'm getting weird memory errors from my destructor. Any idea what's going on here? ==14581== Co...
[1 reply] : Probably you're trying to call delete on an uninitialized pointer. Not... (by Ganado)
by Slee p
Multiplying the values in an array

Hello, I need to access the elements of the array and double the value of it. For some reason, values 3 and 4 are not double correctly when compiled. /* ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for both of your help. My code is working correctly now! (by Slee p)
by Satan
Big Rat

I have never seen anybody use this forum as a place to save and reference code or anything for that matter.. Interesting ;-; You know forums aren't the best pl...
[3 replies] Last: @shamelessguy, as Ganado pointed out, you’d better check if argc > ... (by Enoizat)
Map bracket operator

So I'm making a map class that uses a binary search tree. I can't figure out how I can make the operator return the address of the item. Here's what I have so...
[1 reply] : Why do you want the operator to return the address of the item? I ass... (by Ganado)
Help with vending machine code

I can't seem to figure out what sort of an error is happening with my code. When I attempt to input my paidMoney variable, the if-elseif that comes next doesn't...
[7 replies] Last: Hello MrLostProphet, Sorry I missed the last question. In simple ter... (by Handy Andy)
Polybius Square Cipher Functions

I'm working on some polybius functions-one of them is supposed to fill in the grid with a string and the other is supposed to find the location of a given chara...
[1 reply] : return ; I want to know why do you think that that does what you w... (by ne555)
what is wrong with these 'if' condition?

please see these IF: else if(VarStep=="vartype" && tokens[index-1].Description=="as") - the 'VarStep' is the var declaration step; - the 'tokens' is a str...
[14 replies] Last: thank you so much for all... thank you. what i have learned about C\C+... (by Cambalinho)
Remove extra spaces

When I type a sentence for an example "How are you." I would want it to output "How are you.". How do I get the program to remove the extra spaces. #inc...
[2 replies] Last: one way is to read word by word into a vector of words, and put the sp... (by jonnin)
by oterus
im stuck pls help

get the size of an array and the numbers in it and if a number repeats dont print it. ex:size 5, 13146 output: 1346 i want to know a possible continuation for t...
[1 reply] : Line 7 is illegal C++. You can't use a non-const variable as the size... (by MikeyBoy)
October 2018 Pages: 1... 34567... 28
  Archived months: [sep2018] [nov2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.