Beginners - October 2019 (Page 2)

by Bopaki
In orderedArrayListType missing template error occurs

Now why am I getting this error on EARTH: C:\Dev-Cpp\Chapter9\orderedArrayListType.cpp: In member function `int orderedArrayListType<elemType>::minLocation(...
[1 reply] : Sorted out eventually!!!! Here are the results: C:\Dev-Cpp\Chapter9>... (by Bopaki)
by Bopaki
error: expected primary-expression before '[' token

I am getting this error in this function: C:\Dev-Cpp\Chapter9\newOrderedArrayListType.cpp: In member function `void orderedArrayListType<elemType>::insert(i...
[3 replies] Last: I got it working eventually!!!! Here is the correct output: C:\Dev-C... (by Bopaki)
by Bopaki
My program does not sort the lelements:

Here is what I get: C:\Dev-Cpp\Chapter9>newarraylisttype Line 8: Enter numbers ending with -999 45 7 12 98 5 -999 Line 15: The list before sorting: 45 7...
[5 replies] Last: I got it working eventually!!!! Here is the correct output: C:\Dev-C... (by Bopaki)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I am writing a program where the a txt file of names is passed into two arrays, then the user types a name and the program finds the name in the array and displ...
[15 replies] Last: Something else occurred to me, after looking at the text file petrjose... (by George P)
it is said you learn C++ mainly by practicing it, but tutorials provide no practice

I asked for complete tutorials for c++ and i got recommended this site: https://www.learncpp.com/ Plus i have books from isoc++ site and i was reading a bit f...
[9 replies] Last: > So i will try stroustrup book, where are exercises Yes, yes. Do the... (by JLBorges)
reading txt into two arrays

I have a project where I am supposed to take this file http://www.d.umn.edu/~jallert/cs1/projects/babynames.txt and read names from a data file into two arrays ...
[3 replies] Last: Are you able to write code to open a file and read data from it? If t... (by George P)
C++ Race Car Homework Problem

Good Afternoon All, I'm working on a homework problem for my intro to C++ class in college and I've hit a road block nearing the end of my code. The assignme...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that's pretty much what I was attempting to do but I wasn't su... (by mtduski)
no viable conversion from returned value of type bankAccount to function return type int

Hi, I'm getting this error: no viable conversion from returned value of type bankAccount to function return type int |111|error: invalid operands to binary ...
[1 reply] : [quote=znewsome]What am I doing wrong? (1) Trying to compare (using ... (by lastchance)
Cannot Open Text File in Windows and Visual Studio

I am having trouble successfully opening a text file located in the same directory as the program in Windows using Visual Studio 2019. Is there a dependency fo...
[3 replies] Last: The working directory can be different depending on whether you are ru... (by George P)
The Bank Queue Problem (1,2)

Looking for advice. This simulation has 4 header files and one main. I need two int arrays to save some calculations that take place within two functions. I wil...
[20 replies] Last: //Phase II Testing Program #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #i... (by mdh1559)
Library project

hello everyone. I was making a project for college library management system with C++(using file handling and OOPS). I am told to keep a live record of books in...
[2 replies] Last: It is an jonnin said. It's probably much easier for you to just read e... (by fiji885)
Static cast assignment help

Hello everyone, I was assigned a homework assignment where I have to calculate the weighted average for a student. However, the problem is that my total averag...
[6 replies] Last: Part 3. // ********** Used for testing. Can be removed later. ****... (by Handy Andy)
Need help with CODEBLOCKS

Hi, I am facing a problem during program run time i.e. the code compiles successfully without any errors or warnings but terminates with a non zero return. ...
[3 replies] Last: Error codes mean things. What code are you getting exactly? (by Computergeek01)
using functions

I am learning about using functions in programs and Im not sure how wrong/right I am for this program which takes the age of 3 people, displays the oldest and c...
[2 replies] Last: First, is the compiler happy? In function 'int main()': 21:22: error... (by keskiverto)
by xoox
Column Wise Descending sort Matrix C++

Im arranging a descending column wise on a matrix im close but the last part of the loop is sending out 6 1 3 instead of 6 3 1 Enter Order of Matrix - 3 4 ...
[8 replies] Last: it's solved! thanks man life saver :) (by xoox)
Arrow head patterns using while loop

this is my coding. I m just stuck when I make the upArrow head patterns using while loops. But i don't get the tail of the arrow from this looping. Any tips...
[1 reply] : [quote=hein harry thu]Any tips please Just LOOK at the result of you... (by lastchance)
Convert double to integer without function

Hello, Can I convert double to integer without function? e,g. 0.75 to 75 or 12.9064 to 129064 I think we have to multiply the number by 10, but what is fina...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=Shervan360]Can I convert double to integer without function N... (by lastchance)
Please help: The copy constructor for the Queue Class

In the Queue Class, I have head and rear pointer for the first and last node in the list. template <typename T> class Queue { public: //CTOR Queue();...
[7 replies] Last: @JLBorges @keskiverto Thank you soooo much! Even though the logic is d... (by robbinn)
Comparison operator problem

Hello, In the below code when i == 0, else if condition evaluated true but i should be greater than 0. What's the problem? void SemiRectangle(int n) { ...
[1 reply] : What's the value of j when this happens? (by helios)
Skipping input collection of description

When I run this code it keeps skipping input collection of description. it doesn't matter whether I set part_description as a string array or 2D character array...
[1 reply] : > cin >> part_no ; This will leave a trailing newline on the in... (by salem c)
October 2019 Pages: 1234... 18
  Archived months: [sep2019] [nov2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.